Fitness and all things fitness related (AKA: Eat your goddamn oats.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
I used to be a sprinter, 100 metres in about 11 seconds.

Wahhht?! That's brilliant, I am envious.

I must buy some new running shoes.

Just get some comfy ones; if you already have comfy trainers which aren't totally worn on the bottom, don't bother buying new trainers, and don't feel that you need big expensive brands to succeed. Just buy comfortable trainers.

DanAngleland said:
Wahhht?! That's brilliant, I am envious.

You know the school sports days? Well, I was literally the fasted kid in the entire ~2000 student school, it was a great feeling.

I have a pair of these:

BenMjET.png

Would they be ok?

I'm afraid that those relief designs on the front are not matching between the two shoes, and therefore the air flow over each clog will be different as your foot lifts up with each stride. This will result in one foot moving faster than the other and, in all probability, a catastrophic cadence correlated calamity. I strongly advise against using such footwear for anything faster than walking.

BOLLOQS. I'm literally Jamaican and I'm not that fast. You were probably rounding to the nearest 11 because you count in base 11 because that's the number of fingers you inherited from your aunt/mum and uncle/dad.

Is there a particular way to run which doesn't result in an urge to throw up after 10 minutes? I can run for about that long but no matter how many times I practice, 10 or so minutes is like my upper limit. Is there a "wrong" way to run or am I just an unfit bastard? Although I hesitate to say that because I could probably cycle for 12 hours straight without getting out of breath. It's just running that does that to me.

Kentucky James said:
Is there a particular way to run which doesn't result in an urge to throw up after 10 minutes? I can run for about that long but no matter how many times I practice, 10 or so minutes is like my upper limit. Is there a "wrong" way to run or am I just an unfit bastard? Although I hesitate to say that because I could probably cycle for 12 hours straight without getting out of breath. It's just running that does that to me.

Could you be running too fast, over exerting yourself? If possible run slower, this should prevent you feeling like that- typically, feeling like you might be sick if you were to continue is due to the increased amount of blood going to the muscles you are using (legs) rather than the stomach, and eventually it wants to go into spasm.

Yeah. What the **** are you doing to make yourself feel sick? Just run at a conversational pace.

First bubonic head buboes from getting a haircut, now not being able to run. You are literally and not metaphorically 90 years old.

Kentucky James said:

BOLLOQS. I'm literally Jamaican and I'm not that fast. You were probably rounding to the nearest 11 because you count in base 11 because that's the number of fingers you inherited from your aunt/mum and uncle/dad.

It's most likely because you're unfit, I used to be a raet fat **** and as a result horribly unfit, took me 23 mins to run 1.5mile when I started. I'm not sure what exactly causes the sicky-wretching impulse when I massively exert myself, but what I do know is that the gaggy limit is pushed further afield when I progressively got fitter.

3.8 km in 19 minutes, get on my level. Olympic standard. I am so out of shape. Half a year to go.

Big Bad Pent said:
Denny you don't need to train for a half marathon, it's only half of a marathon. You can just run it on the day.
You're welcome.

Thx4Advice, will implement pure strat on the day. 50k marasthon done bish bash bosh done and dusted ffam

Trying to get my 5km time to 20 minutes. There's a small hill (50 meters about) during the 2nd km stretch which always ****s me up. If I speed during the rise, I'm exhausted afterwards and if I don't, I lose too much time. 4:10 or so per km currently from 4:35 in February.

I've concentrated more on core and upper body strength but I've been doing the bleep test recently and been getting a score of 11. Which I'm happy with.

Back
Top Bottom