cRPG has only a week and already killed Vanilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Not really. I understand what you mean, but trying to reach a point where crpg is balanced and fun for all playstyles enough to hold everyone's attention will be difficult. Pretty much everything needs to be rebalanced and new maps need to be made and then bug fixed. This is because the balance of vanilla doesn't create good gameplay on it's own.
That has never been the goal, there is no way possible to make everyone happy, but they have balanced it before and will balance it out again.

That has never been the goal, there is no way possible to make everyone happy, but they have balanced it before and will balance it out again.
Balancing is not about making people happy, it is about providing them with a level playing field despite which many will either still remain or become unhappy. Balancing itself is not that hard when it is done iteratively but the downside there is the rather long period of time it takes to achieve that, both the time it takes the developers to make changes and the time required to make observations (collect data) to decide what to change.

Even with its flaws, cRPG made bannerlord fun, something that TW never could do.

Imo some simple tweaks (and it seems most of them are coming which is even cooler) could make the mod even better:
- Remove Menav and glaive from cav (the arc of the swings is just so broken)
- Add cooldown to couch lance
- Reduce horse speeds
- Increase crossbow reloading speed
- Add strength requirements to crossbow (and not 6, more like 12-15 for the good ones)
- Reduce jareeds dmg
- Remove board shield from cavs
- Add flags to maps
- Make teams based on a KD average (Cavs have highest K/D so this will spread them more evenly)

The grind in cRPG was also a reason for a rather stable playerbase over a long time. Sure new players as myself in the beginning had a hard time. I myself started playing warband with cRPG, no vanilla before that and i havent had one kill for 2 weeks. To me that was the reason to sink my teeth in it, i wanted to at least get one freakin kill. Several things happened over time, i learned the maps, i learned most of the game mechanics (not all ^^ as a shielder manual blocking was never a consideration to me back then *sigh*) and ofcause over time i got better equipment and better stats. Still the balancing team was on the case here all the time. The first 30 lvl you could reach rather quickly in a week, 31 where you could retire, get a loom point start from lvl 1 again took another week(sometimes quicker sometimes not). Every gear was improvable 3 times by a loom point, but then again these were small improvements and only in extrem situations i felt like they maybe give a bit of an advantage. Really good players coming from native, were able to pick up a weapon and carry it over the rounds and get kills straight away and reaching lvls was quick enough. Quite similar to now in cRPG back then within a week you can get to lvl 30 then the soft cap settles in and around i think it was lvl 32 (not 100% sure) a hard cap came after which needed xp went up exponentially. To reach lvl 36 from 35 was nearly 2 years grind and noone of the devs thought it even possible and all i got was one attr point 2 skill points which in comparison to 35 lvls before didnt make much differance in terms of gameplay anymore.

So anyone claiming such system would be detremental to new players i just disagree with. Sure players who played cRPG for a long time had good gear, some of them though also were just amazing players who could block lightning fast attacks with complex movement and faints and new players who thought they were good because they were i don't know in some theme park legion or other mod were they were the bigshots often got bloodied fast by them, as cRPG balanced many aspects as well to which you too first need to get accustomed to which is also why i didnt even care for bannerlord vanilla when it came out especially though as so much stuff was so bad in the very beginning and partly still is.

Currently i am myself in the situation again to be a beginner, many of the old reflexes now dont work anymore as several changes to combat mechanics were not backwards compatible and i need to relearn which is a freaking pain in the ass. Then having cavalery not making any sound on approaching you from behind, shields taking more damage for incorrect block and having to block in the correct direction while shields overall covering less of the characters hitbox all the while getting the impression that there are more random uncontrollable sources of death are around. That all would already keep me from playing vanilla and only the hope that cRPG may eventually address these matters keeps me playing currently.

One last point, i could never play bannerlord online for a prolonged time for the same reason i can't play Defend the Vergin in cRPG back in warband, fighting NPCs bores me to death after having felt the thrill to kill other real players. The sweet satisfaction to sneak up on a ranged -snip- who thought himself safely shooting from afar into melee combat only to learn that three strikes and he would be out could be achieved in seconds.

No, i will use this chance despite not being interested in cRPG to attack taleworlds
You are a very bitter individual, I have been looking at your posts. All you do is criticize. I would love for the servers not
to crash, but even with that, this game has given me hours of enjoyment.

Last edited:
Even with its flaws, cRPG made bannerlord fun, something that TW never could do.

Imo some simple tweaks (and it seems most of them are coming which is even cooler) could make the mod even better:
- Remove Menav and glaive from cav (the arc of the swings is just so broken)
- Add cooldown to couch lance
- Reduce horse speeds
- Increase crossbow reloading speed
- Add strength requirements to crossbow (and not 6, more like 12-15 for the good ones)
- Reduce jareeds dmg
- Remove board shield from cavs
- Add flags to maps
- Make teams based on a KD average (Cavs have highest K/D so this will spread them more evenly)
last patch they reduced the relaod speed on xbows
this patch flags were added
i would suggest you put your suggestion on the crpg discord so devs could read them and maybe they therefor get implemented

I will go back and edit to give a proper response, but the gist is that you don't like cRPG because you start out with under power results. That's the meat of your arguments, correct? I would argue that level up is very easy and not time consuming at all. cRPG is specifically balance where no one player is extremely over power just because they have an extra 1000 hours on everyone else. Yes there are higher tier weapons and armor, but the point of cRPG, like any other RPG that you have played is that you give attribute points to what play style you enjoy. Yes, it's unforgiving, yes cRPG players are a greasy bunch that take no mercy, but your gripe seems very bias due to you being a previous skrim player.
This

Will cRPG be playable using GeForce Now? From what I understand I would need to download somehow the custom maps. I'm not sure if I could do that using the third party service.
It looks so amazing and I loved Vanilla multiplayer.

Unfortunately Bannerlord is unplayable on GeForceNOw since over a month

Will cRPG be playable using GeForce Now? From what I understand I would need to download somehow the custom maps. I'm not sure if I could do that using the third party service.
It looks so amazing and I loved Vanilla multiplayer.

Unfortunately Bannerlord is unplayable on GeForceNOw since over a month
You can't play mods on geforce now

People acting like cRPG has suddenly revolutionised the game are hilarious. It's the same game with a few config changes and a new progression system.

It's 95% the same title you have been playing since the beta.

People acting like cRPG has suddenly revolutionised the game are hilarious. It's the same game with a few config changes and a new progression system.

It's 95% the same title you have been playing since the beta.
Hence why it's the first time I see full servers in 2 years and a half.

Stay on total war forums it suits you better.

Good. I'm glad to see people enjoying the game. But it's still 95% the work of taleworlds.

cRPG is still bannerlord.
Bannerlord is literally only a game engine at this point because they have shown how terrible they are at:
- updating the game
- running servers
- listening to feedback
- acknowledging mistakes

Modders are making the game PLAYABLE, not more enjoyable, PLAYABLE. That's not the work of taleworlds, that's the lack of work of taleworlds.

Bannerlord is literally only a game engine at this point because they have shown how terrible they are at:
- updating the game
- running servers
- listening to feedback
- acknowledging mistakes

Modders are making the game PLAYABLE, not more enjoyable, PLAYABLE. That's not the work of taleworlds, that's the lack of work of taleworlds.
Weird because I played vanilla last night. I didn't realise that wasn't playable.

Yes modders have rounded off the last bits nicely. Again - 95% the work of taleworlds though.

Here's the issue Alyss - you just want to be angry; so you want to love cRPG. But admitting cRPG is good also means admitting a fondness for the foundations that made cRPG.

You've dug yourself into a completly impossible position. And I knew this was coming.

I haven't really tried M&B multiplayer, but isn't CRPG's progression system not being like Bannerlord's and letting people pick their own gear/skills one of the things that drew people to it? Unless it was just the name that drew people in, I wouldn't know either way.

Though from what little gameplay I've watched, it looks like newbies start with too little and if they can't get kills with what little they have, it looks like it's easy to be stuck with little.

I haven't really tried M&B multiplayer, but isn't CRPG's progression system not being like Bannerlord's and letting people pick their own gear/skills one of the things that drew people to it? Unless it was just the name that drew people in, I wouldn't know either way.

Though from what little gameplay I've watched, it looks like newbies start with too little and if they can't get kills with what little they have, it looks like it's easy to be stuck with little.
CRPG has a very grindy progression system that is extremely tough on new players. Some people enjoy that challenge though - a similar mind-set to MMO's I guess.

But it's certainly a form of progression which encourages playing the game often.

Weird because I played vanilla last night. I didn't realise that wasn't playable.

Yes modders have rounded off the last bits nicely. Again - 95% the work of taleworlds though.

That's 10 pages on 132.

Back
Top Bottom