idk if TW even reads these but.. remove Loot system

Users who are viewing this thread

Frodo.

Regular
Every time I ask on an official siege server why people aren't playing BRE siege instead (objectively better; team damage, more maps, bigger server size and less crashes), most of the time the answer is "no loot". People are avoiding custom servers so they dont miss out on progression from the loot system. Which tbh was just a lame tack on to give players some sense of progression, but it's now stopping people from playing on better custom servers for very little benefit.

Either just unlock all the cosmetics for everyone for free or give the loot system to all servers, including custom ones. I prefer the former cos people will find a way to abuse loot anyway which I presume is why it isn't enable on custom servers already.

1+
As it stands now loot is being rewarded just for being on the server, no need to play so it doesn't even necessarily increase player count.

Sure it's cool to have something to show off with, but the way it's implemented right now customizables don't fill that niche. I think badges were meant to be a thing to show off with, but as matchmaking doesn't work since far too long that's out of the window too.

Do you think TW have any incentive to keep players on their own servers? Data collection or something? Or is the way that server time is measured exploitable so that custom servers could just grant arbitrary loot values? Maybe give loot just for being logged into Multiplayer.

At least TW haven't tried something like an in game shop or seasonals. MP might be sorely neglected, but at least TW are not trying to milk their players like other companies.

loot doesn't even matter, custom servers can add/change gear and colors if they want to, plus you have mods like crpg and PE that absolutely blow any customization talesworld does out of the water.

but if you want loot, join duel and sit in spectator so you don't get kicked, afk til the game ends, and repeat.

Getting a skin is progress? How so?
Although I tend to agree it's not that important, many players put a high priority on skins. If you look at some other games, you even have to pay to attain special skins and people will happily pay for them! So, yes, it is a progression for many people.

I personally like earning some loot then buying skins with them just wish there were more. And if the skins became free it won’t feel as cool. Alltho a better loot system would be appreciated

many players put a high priority on skins. If you look at some other games, you even have to pay to attain special skins and people will happily pay for them! So, yes, it is a progression for many people.
Those people need to re-evaluate their definition of "progress".

Its progress the same way running in a circle is progress. You spend some effort but you dont get anywhere.

I personally like earning some loot then buying skins with them just wish there were more. And if the skins became free it won’t feel as cool. Alltho a better loot system would be appreciated
Nothing wrong with the system itself. Its the armor selection that is poor. The amount, diversity and style. The loot "shop", if you will, is super scares and the armor styles are super, dare I say it, well I think they are straight down bad. A good selection of armor pieces would be in a style that enabled them to be mixed with eachother without looking like a effing dumpsterfire. Nothing wrong with the pieces if you look at them individually, I guess they look fine, taste is relative. But very few of the pieces have a universal style that makes them look good even when mixed.
Yes its super hard to design such armors. You need to be an actual fashion designer, its a science.
Or do you?

Last edited:
I mean, I wouldn't complain if loot was instead tied to in game performance, even though it might be difficult to balance across the game modes. Whenever I have a really good round I reflexively hope to be rewarded with extra loot, even though I know it doesn't work like this in this game, and then I am disappointed that the game doesn't even register it.
The current state where afk farming is the best way to get loot is not satisfying.

Pretty much all modded MP in some way removed the loot system which might as well be because you can't get it for custom servers and it's only time based so there's no reason for that to be the case.
In the end it's just another part of the mutliplayer no one asked for or wanted that got added instead of things people actually want.

I kinda feel like the loot system makes unit readability more confusing tbh. Apparently, the Menavlion Warrior and Battanian Ranger have access to a 3d printer and metallic spraypaint to make convincing cosplay armor, while a Clan Warrior wearing a scarf over his rags somehow gives as much protection as a chainmail shirt.

I kinda feel like the loot system makes unit readability more confusing tbh. Apparently, the Menavlion Warrior and Battanian Ranger have access to a 3d printer and metallic spraypaint to make convincing cosplay armor, while a Clan Warrior wearing a scarf over his rags somehow gives as much protection as a chainmail shirt.
With some play time you will recognise the classes at a glance regardless of skins, and besides it rly shouldn’t matter unless you want to run away like a from a better class like a coward

With some play time you will recognise the classes at a glance regardless of skins, and besides it rly shouldn’t matter unless you want to run away like a from a better class like a coward
Having readability is also good to have when you wanna know what weapons you wanna bring. You're probably not gonna bring a cut weapon to fight an enemy that's wearing three layers of chainmail*, but the Menavlion Infantry has a mail shirt that looks exactly like this.

*Haven't played it in a while. Does the Empire chainmail cosmetic look as fat as I remember?

IMO, i feel like there should be a guideline of sorts on what cosmetics would be worn based on armor rating
0-10 - Almost nothing or Peasant Rags. Is always either bare-headed or has cloth headgear. Peasant Levy has no headgear options
Rabble (Improved Armor) - Leather breastplate, always has a metal helmet
Peasant Levy (Improved armor) - Always has houlder equipment and cloth headgear
Low to mid 10s (Light infantry) - Casual wear, better condition than Peasant Levy or Rabble clothing
HIgh 10s - Some form of unarmored armor lining, may have a metal helmet and/or scrap metal greaves or gauntlets
Low 20s - Breastplate over casual wear, or has a chainmail shirt. Units that get this armor level through Improved Armor must now wear a metal helmet
Mid to high 20s - Breastplate over gambeson. Spear Infantry still have their hardened leather, but only has cloth arm wrappings and cheap boots
Low to mid 30s - Full suit of armor. Spear Infantry has access to leather and scrap metal arm guards along with armored boots
High 30s and above - Full plate armor or equivalent. Improved Armor on Heavy Infantry now adds pointless decorations appropriate for the wealthiest of nobles.

I figured this post was worth making because prior to the addition of unlockable gear, it was far easier to distinguish between a class with its base armor rating, and the same class with the Improved Armor perk. The existence of the Sturdy Perk on the Aserai Guard makes it even more confusing since they can increase their armor rating without any visible changes to their model

Back
Top Bottom