login server is down

Users who are viewing this thread

We've been thoroughly investigating this issue for over 2 years don't worry lol.
withered-wojack.gif

The core game of BL might be SP. But, that is not what makes a game last for years.
This is the conventional wisdom, but for M&B it hasn't proven true. Warband was absolutely carried by SP player numbers for a decade, usually by a factor of 10 or more. The lack of post-launch paid content means there's no data on how much more money MP could have generated over that time, but given the number of players even at its peak I don't think it would have surpassed the post-launch base game sales to SP-focused customers. BL stats look very similar to those of Warband so far.

This is the conventional wisdom, but for M&B it hasn't proven true. Warband was absolutely carried by SP player numbers for a decade, usually by a factor of 10 or more. The lack of post-launch paid content means there's no data on how much more money MP could have generated over that time, but given the number of players even at its peak I don't think it would have surpassed the post-launch base game sales to SP-focused customers. BL stats look very similar to those of Warband so far.
Where are you getting those numbers? I’m not saying they’re wrong but I remember vanilla/modded MP being massively popular, not to mention Napoleonic Wars…

Where are you getting those numbers? I’m not saying they’re wrong but I remember vanilla/modded MP being massively popular, not to mention Napoleonic Wars…
There are no real numbers because it's impossible to monitor like dejan said, but if you have played long enough, you know the MP never surpassed 1k at any given time.

You also have to consider, that when TW is prioritizing SP, and don't prioritize MP, then most people will ofc go SP and then never even consider MP. Because who the hell want to play the MP aspect of a game that simply don't work and is broken? I tell you who, hardcore fans, that are loyal to the game, invested thousand of hours into it, and don't have an alternative. Those people are not being prioritized at all. The newcomer, that plays the SP for maybe 500 hours, just to quit because he wont go MP when SP is getting too boring, HE is the one being prioritized 110%. So, now you know why the MP player count is evaporating with alarming speeds... And I can't even blame them... It is not about keeping a big player base at all. It's about generating sale, you only buy the game once anyway..

Last edited:
I can't actually get to lobby to look at the list, don't know how you got peeps in the server

Perhaps, after they finish SP Bannerlord, they'll be able to focus on the MP part.
Maybe, they'll release a whole expansion for that, named "Mount&Blade II: Bannerband" or something. Until then, the development needn't be dragged down with vestigial elements that don't conform to any quality standards
Here's what TW said about the "priority" between SP and MP:

Reporter: The game will be more focused on multiplayer mode or single player?

Armagan: We have a high standard that we strive for single-player and multiplayer games. For us it is not a matter of choosing one over the other. Both modes must conform to our expectations.

That was in 2015, though. Their outlook might have changed in recent years, especially during the beta when their "vision" came under in-depth criticism, and even more especially when the MP flopped during Early Access's release.

Back
Top Bottom