OC Battle servers rarely up, Siege gone completely, refresh/lobby simulator. Please let us play your game...

Users who are viewing this thread

We started originally with 3-4 OC servers that rotated fairly consistently between game modes with generally not too long downtime between Battle matches, but over the last couple weeks something has gone wrong with the servers, it's rare that we get to play Battle, the game mode we've all been waiting for... Most of the time all the servers are on other game modes, or there are 0-1 servers when there should be more... We spend roughly 15 mins playing, then wait 15-20 mins for it to come back up, play for another 15, wait for 15-20 and so on. Playing the game right now feels like an utter waste of time considering we spend more time waiting and refreshing than actually playing the game... Not to mention our Siege server has been completely gone from the rotation for ages too so our OCE Siege events have had to be consistently cancelled.

The current state of the servers is frankly, atrocious. Yes, these servers are a temporary solution, yes, we're getting custom server files released to the public Soon™, but right now, for the last 2 or so weeks, we've barely been able to even play the game we paid for, please do something. Please just set one of the servers to permanent Battle_OC, or please increase the rounds to win DRASTICALLY, or give us an update on when the afore mentioned solutions will be coming out. We just want to play, but instead we're just constantly complaining and crying in discord because the game we want to love is basically refresh/lobby simulator.

Please don't just ignore these issues and give us an update on what's happening. We have a community who are ready and wanting to play the game actively right now but are constantly frustrated when trying to play. @Dejan @Callum

Thank you.

EDIT: We see a Siege server now! Was something fixed it did it magically fix itself? If you guys made a change, thank you! At least now we should be (hopefully) able to run our Siege event :smile:

EDIT2: Battle seems good now too, only 30 - 60 second wait now instead of 15 - 20 minutes.. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
The community has a large amount of active players just wanting to play. When the servers are up, we can get so many players on, but it's just so frustrating having to wait and refresh for them to reappear, especially when they crash only after 3 rounds.
See below.

That is proof we can bring the numbers if only we have a stable server to play on.

Last edited:
The community has a large amount of active players just wanting to play. When the servers are up, we can get so many players on, but it's just so frustrating having to wait and refresh for them to reappear, especially when they crash only after 3 rounds.
See below.

That is proof we can bring the numbers if only we have a stable server to play on.

This video just shows the passion we have for the game to endure the agony that is trying to play Battle right now and still trying to organise events that we can't even be sure will work out or not. The numbers in that video are also low compared to what we'll get once we have real, functioning servers.

I thought Paradox Interactive games were bad for being lobby simulators in multiplayer but Bannerlord right now is really taking the cake. If you wanna play Battle, you're waiting. If you wanna play Siege? doesn't exist anymore. Team Deathmatch and Duel are the only consistent servers but even then the amount of servers goes down to 1 regularly. Last Sunday when we had our Battle event, we started late due to no server and then ended early due to the server disappearing again - meanwhile there were 4 other servers up: 2 TDM / 2 Duel. Clearly servers come online when there's more people on - that's great I guess but why would it not force a Battle server up when the gamemode is not on any server? same story with Siege.

We've got plenty of players right now wanting to play, we deserve an update after our patience for 2 years. Let us use your custom servers and partake in your testing, why are we not equal to EU/NA who you have already done this for? We just want to be able to have a 24/7 Battle server, that's literally it, it's not asking for alot.

In Warband the servers would be packed with people refreshing to try get in. Now we are refreshing to see if there is even something to join.

+1.

Yeah it's getting pretty ridiculous now Taleworlds, it's been 2 years and we have only just been given a basic battle, although it should be far more along by now, I and a lot of the OCE community still appreciate it for what it is. We have such a large player base waiting to get stuck into Multiplayer for it's competitive gameplay or it's casual, having such inconsistent servers that go down all the time effects the over all player base and it's motivation to play, indirectly this stuff causes the death and decline of communities such as the one in the video, please do better to cater to the communities and players that made you what you are today, if it wasn't for us, the head developer would still be in his undies coding out the first Mount & Blade. Yes we've seen the photo.

Last edited:
I honestly believe if we could help out with your testing of custom servers, we could regularly populate a server every night and on weekends we might even have too many wanting to get on that we wouldn't have enough room! It'd be nice if we could be considered to assist in the testing.

I don't think you understand that TW has never taken into consideration how many players play in a certain region to put actual servers. Video is going to be as effective as TW taking our feedback about the class system.

I don't think you understand that TW has never taken into consideration how many players play in a certain region to put actual servers. Video is going to be as effective as TW taking our feedback about the class system.
Yeah probably, but at this point, we're desperate. Even posting this thread feels almost like a lost cause, with little hope. We're not even complaining about the current state of the game itself (the balance, factions, maps, economy, etc), just the servers because we really want to play the damn game. You're very active here on the forums so you know them better than I do, but really I hope you're wrong and TW's shows us some love.

Last edited:
The OCE Bannerlord scene has been kept alive by a handful of dedicated players, battle allowed that handful of players to grow massively, but with only 1 map and the same faction matchup every time it’s getting rather stale (Sturgia vs Vlandia is the most unbalanced matchup too)

That’s not even mentioning the lack of servers. The dedicated community I helped build and have run for over a year was built upon Siege, and now we can’t even play our favourite game mode because it’s been missing for 2 weeks and the developers haven’t even responded to our reports of it’s disappearance.

I can personally deal with the game crashing/having to alt f4 after every battle, it’s temporary. This dedicated, hardcore OCE community needs to have consistent battle servers and siege servers online, because right now having only 2 TDM and 2 Duel servers is killing the hype train that Battle mode gifted us with.

NOT TO MENTION THAT 2 YEARS AFTER RELEASE WE STILL DON’T HAVE SKIRMISH OR CAPTAIN.

We love your game and we just want to play it. Who do we have to bribe to get our own community server?

People are wanting to play but are just waiting for proper working servers, and also proper custom servers.

The community is only going to get bigger. We are waiting on you taleworlds to get things done.

Siege servers are showing now, @Dejan @Callum if you guys did something and got it fixed, much appreciated! Or maybe somehow we got lucky and the issue resolved itself... But I choose to believe in you guys. Now we can run our Siege event hopefully. Hoping that Battle_OC is up more too now so we can play it more consistently, will have to wait and see.

We did a Siege event tonight and the server crashed twice, and now it seems to have gone back to how it was yesterday. Refresh simulator for 20 mins between Battle_OC coming back up. If you guys did fix something last time, can you please do it again, it was working so much better until this event. We've got to avoid playing Siege and crashing the server so we can consistently play battle.

EDIT: OK again it either fixed itself or TW's did something, but seems okay again lol....

Last edited:
OCE has always been dedicated to mount and blade in the long term. I've been playing Mount and Blade personally, for 6 years.

Please consider us in the mp side of things. The servers and the map switching in the battle mode would be a godsend.

Back
Top Bottom