Crossbows need tweaks to their aim spread asap

Users who are viewing this thread

In short - you shouldn't be able to flick-shot with crossbows. Your aim should spread when doing sharp rotations of your camera, same way it does while walking. Also spread while jumping should be reasonably increased.

I personally don't see any reason why crossbows should stay like they are right now, as sometimes it feels like I am playing Hanzo in overwatch just flickshotting left and right. It's fine for crossbows to not have any major spread when stationary, but movement of the camera not affecting crossbow aim at all seems ridiculous to me.

That could potentially be a good way to balance it. You would be able to zone in quickly with accuracy but you'd lose a lot of stability aiming about, making you vulnerable to flank as well. We'll have to see how it works out in practice but you may be onto something.

It could simulate the weight of a crossbow compared to a bow as well, if that's even a thing in real life.

I think longer reload speed, slower missile velocity and longer aim time are better nerfs than accuracy reductions.

If you quickly flick and your aim is accurate, you should hit, making it otherwise just turns it into a lottery shot which is somewhat even more annoying for both parties.

I think longer reload speed, slower missile velocity and longer aim time are better nerfs than accuracy reductions.

If you quickly flick and your aim is accurate, you should hit, making it otherwise just turns it into a lottery shot which is somewhat even more annoying for both parties.
Slow "flicks" shouldn't spread your aim, I am talking specifically about sharp movements, right now you can flick 60 degrees in an instant and your aim wouldn't spread at all.

In short - you shouldn't be able to flick-shot with crossbows. Your aim should spread when doing sharp rotations of your camera, same way it does while walking. Also spread while jumping should be reasonably increased.

I personally don't see any reason why crossbows should stay like they are right now, as sometimes it feels like I am playing Hanzo in overwatch just flickshotting left and right. It's fine for crossbows to not have any major spread when stationary, but movement of the camera not affecting crossbow aim at all seems ridiculous to me.
So basically it should be like a bow :smile:

What wrong with flick shots? If player skilled enough to do them he should be able. Stop making this game more and more casual.
Flick shots are a case of 10% skill for 90% payoff, I don't think they have a place in a game like this. I think Warband had a great system for this, you could always do "flick" shots if you were not too rash with your movements. If anything, requirement for proper positioning and thought when aiming makes it less casual, not more.

Why?

Why?
What wrong with flick shots? If player skilled enough to do them he should be able. Stop making this game more and more casual.
It doesn't really require skill to use a crossbow now. Everyone can just take it and left click and boom insta-hit with 70 damage. Xbows are really broken right now and a harsh nerf is definitely needed.

Flick shots are a case of 10% skill for 90% payoff, I don't think they have a place in a game like this. I think Warband had a great system for this, you could always do "flick" shots if you were not too rash with your movements. If anything, requirement for proper positioning and thought when aiming makes it less casual, not more.

Flick shots can be quite frustrating, but I wouldn't say they're 10% skill. The more accurate the weapon, the less room for random error there is. CSGO's Scout is a great example. Few new or even moderate players can use it at all effectively. Yet in the hands of a skilled player its potential to flick for a one-shot headshot is incredibly valueable.

Granted someone will ocassionally get lucky, but on the whole it'd be a skill only consistently hit by the most skilled players, which I don't see any issue with.

I think issues like; time from standing to aiming being almost instantenous, that the light crossbow reloads as fast as a longbow, theres too much ammunition to miss with, and the other general archer concerns like movement speed and secondary weapons, makes this another annoying thing a crossbowman can do.

But unlike other crossbow "features", it is skill dependent, and I think it could give crossbows a difficult unique skill whilst also being balanced by other drawbacks.

Back
Top Bottom