Coup Attempt in Turkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Calradianın Bilgesi said:
Denmark recalled its ambassador to Turkey.

XljcnyL.jpg

Denmark recalled its ambassador to Turkey. Other EU countries vary from being disturbed to being deeply concerned I guess.
Sweden called its ambassador to Turkey to a emergency meeting yesterday, what has been said has not been announced yet, but it seems that most party leaders have called for Turkey's EU talks to cease.

TL;DR : Sweden doesn't want Turkey to join the EU anymore.

Admiral Ghost said:
I wonder what would Denmark do if a Denmark party lay open they take the support of ISIS.
Tu Quoque, thy name is Admiral Ghost. I really don't see why it is so common for those Turks that come here to "protect their glorious motherland" to regard any sort of criticism toward the current situation in Turkey as an insult to Turkey itself. We're criticising Erdogan and the AKP's policies, not the nation itself or its people.

Said the guy in whose country VPNs are blocked and the social media is rarely accessible
To be honest, it only serves against Erdogan to block social media as he does something increasingly authoritarian/dictator-like. These things will get out anyways and he'll be accused of both actions.

Tbh at this point I'm just hoping that all this **** doesn't effect the release of bannerlord because let's face it, Turkey is ****ed.

How to fight againts terrorism in Turkey?(AKP poved)= Slow down the internet.

I'm paying 78 liras(which is 24.7 US$ now) a month for 50mbps download speed and it's below 1mbps since yesterdey. Seriously. :meh:

Admiral Ghost said:
I wonder what would Denmark do if a Denmark party lay open they take the support of ISIS.

Probably resolve the matter in a manner that didn't involve oppressing Danish citizens and/or trying to take over the internet.  :iamamoron:

With a recent decision, constitutional court decided that it can't strike emergency decrees down for their content. So president can declare a state of emergency anytime he wishes, and do whatever he wants with an emergency decree as long as the process of issuing the decree and declaring the state of emergency was constitutional. Now we don't even effectively have a constitution. In the past the argument was that calling them 'emergency decrees' wasn't enough for being one, if the content of the decree wasn't relevant to the emergency situation, constitutional court could strike it down. Now they said they won't even do this anymore. If Erdogan wishes, he can abolish constitutional court with an emergency decree, and the court can do nothing about it.

A car bomb attack in Diyarbakir left 8 people dead. Government says it was PKK, ISIS says it was ISIS. It is reported that the attack was very close to the police station in which HDP MPs(including co-chairs) were held, and it is said that car bomb's collision with a taxi on the way prevented an attack to that police station

Turkish police just arrested two Swedish journalists, one being from my local newspaper, funnily. They were accused of spying on the Turkish military as they supposedly filmed in the vicinity of a military base.

Apparently there's a fair bit of feminist* activity going on in Turkey right now regarding women being concerned for their rights in the future with the country slowly slipping into a more conservative version of Islam or something along those lines I believe, can't exactly remember what it was I saw on the BBC earlier.

*Actual people at risk, not your typical stereotype of tumblr cruising land-whales attracting bad lights for movements they claim to be a part of.

Back
Top Bottom