Coup Attempt in Turkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Goker said:
I suppose the population of Turkey is between 75 to 80 million and the Syrian refugees are at about 3 million people, though they're mostly women and children.
So is that where the men left their families when they went on to Europe? I guess that's a step up from leaving them to the war zones.

Austrian parliament votes to impose an arms embargo on Turkey and Turkish NATO soldiers are seeking asylum in Germany.  :lol::neutral:

Gestricius said:
headlines in Austrian newspapers right now: "The biggest Austrian victory against the Turks since 1683!"

The second battle of Mohac, battle of Slankamen or even the battle of Zenta seem kinda higher on the list to me, and that is just within the first two decades after Vienna.

Don't know what kind of embargo they can even impose, it's Austria...vs a country that buys so much western equipment that they started buying F-35's for the lulz.

Can confirm both the Austrian embargo on weapons to Turkey and the Turkish NATO soldiers seeking asylum in Germany. The former could be signalling the start of future embargoes by other EU nations, not just limited to weapon trade. The latter is basically a group of people fearing what might happen if they were to go there. But in seeking asylum and disobeying orders, they've basically spoiled their chances of having fair treatment in Turkey. If they get handed back to Turkey, they will be locked up.

...he(Stoltenberg) had been reassured that "this will also be done in accordance of the rule of law".

That's nice, dear. Here's a graph showing that only 3% of people who took part in the survey have actually stated that they trust in the judiciary.

CyMLxpdXAAA9hSu.jpg:large

The left side is the percentage of the people who trust and the right side is the percentage who don't. From top to bottom, it goes government, the parliament, presidency, judiciary, media, turkish armed forces and police. The image also states that 39% of people think there is a need for a new political party and 52% think that Turkey is going to get worse in the next 10 years.

Interesting how it is the complete opposite of the early 2000s data.

I believe in 2002 the military was at high 70s % trust and the government with the PM and the bunch at 6-7%.

Back
Top Bottom