Coup Attempt in Turkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Remember the chopper that fled to Greece as the coup failed?
A court there has decided to not send the three soldier back to Turkey as they see their lives in danger and since Turkey has not brought forward sufficient evidence that they were indeed participants and trying to kill Erdogan (which is apparently what Turkey accuses them off).

Ah, personally I get to look forward to the local courts deciding similar things about a good few diplomats and soldiers that asked for asylum in Germany as well.

There was a somewhat similar case where a German court in the end decided to hand over an American soldier that had run and asked for Asylum, mostly because he most likely would not have to face torture or death penalty. And that took a leisurely ten years :lol:
Here:
https://www.rt.com/news/367340-us-soldier-deserter-asylum/
(I did not read that article it was just the first English one that Google gave me)

But with Erdogan shouting about death penalty and all I see that as rather unlikely here. We'll see.
In a decade or so. :iamamoron:

Basically, a few months back, Erdogan threatened to hold a referendum on whether to continue relations with EU or end them. And then recently, the EU froze negotiations with Turkey over EU ascension.

So all in all, Erdogan threatens with controversial bill, the EU takes him up on that offer but beats him to it, making him react accordingly :

bf7db9e893dfc00ea80daa0241aa53a8.png

The same court as the other day, but with different judges, has ruled that a diffferent set of Turkish soldiers that fled to Greece is to be send back...
Two more are to be decided on on Thursday.

Err.. and then apparently the Greek supreme court will hold another ruling about all eight soldiers separately from whatever is decided by the other court in the days after? The ****?

http://www.euronews.com/2016/12/06/fate-of-asylum-seeking-turkish-soldiers-remains-unclear

Uhhh....  :lol:

I wonder what 8 Turkish soldiers are worth to Erdogan. Adrianople?  :iamamoron:

Well, if nothing, Greeks could push for re-opening of the Cyprus unification talks, this time, without Turkey messing it up.

It should happen.

I mean, Turkish Cyprus is not recognized by literally anyone on the Planet, not even other Turkics like the Azeri.

It is still officially a Turkish military occupation as far as the international community is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom