Coup Attempt in Turkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Will this degenerate into civil war or it's "only" a skirmish in the capital? And is there any side with a big advantage or is it a stalemate?

Hopefully it ends quickly no matter which side wins. My country suffered a civil war in the past century and they are bloody, tragic and sad... Brothers killing their brothers causes deep scars and hatred in society that can last many generations.

Now that it is over and Erdogan won, I finally can ask;

What is the name of that blonde TRT anchor?

EgzantrikAdam said:
Tijen Karaş.

ib.gif

Really crazy. I'm shocked. I hate to admit it, but I'm certainly no fan of Erdogan, and his desire to constitutionally revamp the nation from one that is centrally parliamentarian, to one being presidential seems nothing but one greedy of power.

In nice words, a loss for Turkey, and regardless a loss of life makes everything a loss in itself.

EgzantrikAdam said:
Said that she was forced to read the announcement , a generation will remember her voice.

Yes, and she was so calm and statured when doing so.

Bah, I was struck when I saw her;

N54Y49L.png

Brings an entire higher meaning to "Halfdan was here".

Damn vikings blonding all over the place  :smile:

On topic;

End result;

In Ankara 17 policemen reported dead, one general reportedly assassinated, 130 military officials arrested and an unknown amount of civilian dead.

The coup apparently failed miserably and did nothing but further push Turkey into oblivion.

The Lira is down and falling and you can safely abandon any hopes about tourism income in the following years.

A sad day for Turkey.

I don't care though, next year, my summer destination is Turkey.

Balls to the walls yolo tourism :party:

Yabloko said:
My country suffered a civil war in the past century and they are bloody, tragic and sad... Brothers killing their brothers causes deep scars and hatred in society that can last many generations.
Same here, and is extremely saddening.

I find the Turkish military such a strange thing, as I understand, they do not really answer to anyone but are a separate entity from the political structure of the state?

Supposedly it's not quite over yet despite what Erdogan claims, so I guess the dust has to settle before we know for sure if he still has any actual power left. Seeing the news footage is pretty disgusting though, the sheer irony of sending out a country-wide text message using the repressive apparatus of the state to ask people to "take what is theirs" or whatever platitude he spat out is ridiculous.

Military website declares that the coup continues, a putschist helicopter and several tanks were shot down. Soldiers in the bridges of Istanbul has surrendered. What happened to Chief of General Staff is still unknown, another general was provisionally appointed to his position. Hundreds of soldiers are arrested. Still reports of skirmishes from different places.

Mamlaz said:
Brings an entire higher meaning to "Halfdan was here".

Damn vikings blonding all over the place  :smile:

You forget that we're all descended from the Türks.

They taught us how to make fire, and how to take shelter in caves...
and how to construct clinker built ships and write runes.

Anyone can bleach their hair.

On topic:

Cnb6I2oWgAAP9ML.jpg
PS. Sorry for being insensitive - keep safe.

hoe12moe said:
Well Nato's job isn't to post condemning twitter posts about it at least.
I don't know if Nato should do anything but if the Turkish government/president calls for some kind of aid, isn't it Nato's duty to help?
No, of course not. You know, these things are really easy to find out on your own if you're not sure by simply going to something like Wikipedia.
Shocking possibility, I know.

/edit
They're really pushing hard on the Gülen narrative aren't they?
On the other hand you won't find any mention of this on media that isn't controlled by the Turkish state :lol:

Back
Top Bottom