Coup Attempt in Turkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Hope as few as possible are hurt over this :sad:

Wish everyone in Turkey the best (but ....fearing the worst as Erdogan asked people to defy curfew and risk being shot)

Hurriyet News seems to be under the control of soldiers.

Cncn04HWIAAKAjR.jpg

Comrade Temuzu said:
The Bowman said:
I wonder how they didn't shoot his plane down. Again, it's another reason to be suspicious.
Killing him might not be their goal.

So they hit the parliament, (supposedly) his resort and not the plane he's in? I don't know. Anyways, it's still confusing who owns the sky itself.

The Bowman said:
Anyways, it's still confusing who owns the sky itself.
Fighterjet pilots do. And whoever owns them...
Alright, I'm going to sleep. Hopefully I won't need to update any maps to not include Turkey by the time I wake up. Stay safe, Turks. And try to resist the urge to run into hails of bullets.

Erdogan seems to be holding a press conference as of right now.

Edit : I've been told he is saying : "This coup attempt is a blessing as it showed those who don't have the honor to be part of Turkish Armed Forces. Coup plotters will pay heavy price for treason"

Hearing huge explosions over and over again along with calls to prayer from mosques. Trying to figure out whether they were real explosions or sonic booms. Police and soldier still fire against each other in Taksim square, where I was supposed to take ielts in three hours. It seems coup was organized mostly by airforces as jets keep flying despite the inability to control strategic building. A very sad day of a sad country.  :neutral:
Cncy1jeWIAAr6rL.jpg

I am more and more depressed as I see the photos of this night. Loyalist planes hunt down coup supporting helicopters/planes now. It's so saddening that we'll never learn for sure how exactly all of this happened. Many lives were lost for machinations that we don't even know.

If nothing else, at least this struck a blow against the monstrosity that is Erdogan's palace.

Can't say I understand the situation fully, however hopefully it'll end soon and all you Turks are okay  :ohdear:

Not one to usually makes posts like this, but I'm also doing it for reply notifications.

Back
Top Bottom