SP - General Can we have throwing axes and javelins/spears recoverable please.

Users who are viewing this thread

So obviously we can't be picking arrows off freshly beaten enemies. But throwing axes and javelins could totally be recovered, (with real life logic). Several times I'll be chucking my last javelin and getting an enemy square in the face. The sight causes his cowardly buddy to break a run and if only I could throw something at him I'd be good. But sadly all my javelins are strung out and no way I'd catch him for a melee swing. But that javelin thats in the bandits face is looking real good. But gosh darn it, I can recover it!

It actually makes more sense for them not to be recoverable.
For example Roman pila is not recoverable due to its design. And javelin would probably bend / break or have flattened a little after hitting armor or such. SO unless that can be modified to be like "used javelin" it does not make sense. Also if javelin goes straight through someone´s chest, it would not be movie style simple pull to get it out of him.

For example Roman pila is not recoverable due to its design. And javelin would probably bend / break or have flattened a little after hitting armor or such. SO unless that can be modified to be like "used javelin" it does not make sense. Also if javelin goes straight through someone´s chest, it would not be movie style simple pull to get it out of him.

What's your take on axes then?

the Roman pila was designed to be a shield disabler, a fire and then forget weapon, but normal throwing spears and javelins are not like that at all. Have you gone to any reenactment or just your local medieval fair? it's a pole of wood with a blade and a point. you can throw that dam thing all dam day. sure it'll get ugly but it's very much something you can pull out and toss again. And i'm not saying the javelins blow thru enemies and then can be picked up off the ground. I'm saying that if it's a javelin or axe that landed a damage hit, once the target is down, it should be able to be picked up again. I will compromise that weapons that are hit on shields should not be picked up again tho, that just sounds like a nightmare to try to mouse over and pick up. but throw-ables on a body should be like free candy on a halloween doorstep.

Realism aside, +1. Would be really fun and cinematic to pull out javelins from fallen foes and throw them at the enemy formation.

Are you saying it's not realistic to recover a recently thrown javelin off a dead person and thrown it again?

I'm saying that I'm agnostic to the realism either way.

I guess technically, it would be maximally realistic to have a dice roll chance to recover a thrown javelin from a corpse (or the ground, or wherever), given that the use of the javelin might degrade the gear.

But also, I don't think it's worth dev time to be worried about that. Instead, just give me my javelins!

Can anyone come up with a significant downside to allowing throwables to be recovered from dead bodies? From live bodies that would be ridiculous. And just being able to pick them up as if the just hit he ground doesn't seem like it would be hard to implement.

This whole topic is hilarious because you can currently recover any ranged thrown item from a dead body. You can even recover thrown items from shields. For example, if someone chucks a spear into your shield. You can simply drop the shield pull out the spear and chuck it into there face. Afterwards you can rip the spear out of there newly formed face hole and use said spear on a charging cav. This is all currently in the game at this moment and has been for some time.

This thread should be locked/removed as it provided nothing new. All the posters should contiplate on the time they wasted speculating on an already live feature.

This whole topic is hilarious because you can currently recover any ranged thrown item from a dead body. You can even recover thrown items from shields. For example, if someone chucks a spear into your shield. You can simply drop the shield pull out the spear and chuck it into there face. Afterwards you can rip the spear out of there newly formed face hole and use said spear on a charging cav. This is all currently in the game at this moment and has been for some time.

This thread should be locked/removed as it provided nothing new. All the posters should contiplate on the time they wasted speculating on an already live feature.
Wait really? I've tried this several times on the battlefield. Maybe the UI for pulling out the javelins is just so bad that it makes it look like they can't be recovered?

I don't think he knows what hes talking about. I haven't tested that extensively but from the many times that I've tried to, it's never been something I could do.

I don't think he knows what hes talking about. I haven't tested that extensively but from the many times that I've tried to, it's never been something I could do.
I agree with the idea of the thread, in fact it was implicitly written in this thread with a vote I wrote that deals with the relationship between the units armed with bullets and those with shields, also providing a substantial strategic difference based on the type of bullet.
I would be happy if you participated in the vote.
I thank you in advance.
here is the link:[POLL] SHIELD + STUCKED PROJECTILE = ENCUMBRANCE

Just tested it and you can't. There is no option to take then out of shields and the stuff stuck in people disappear shortly after they die.
If you are going to act so cocky in this thread then why don't you show us a video proving what you claim?

I think it'd be nice but needs some "punishment"? Like, a chance to recover, whereas it could be RNGed that it was damage or not, if not you get it back, if it was it's not possible?

Back
Top Bottom