Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

patchnotes-v126.png

Beta v1.2.6 (30/11/23)​

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred during the battle due to a bug in the range calculation of units.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that enabled low-level troops to block a number of consecutive attacks from different directions.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze after pressing the Auto-Deploy button during the Order of Battle phase.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented you from targeting castle gates, siege engines, and alike with an attack order.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crafted item’s names to reset after loading a save.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some option names and values from being updated after changing the language in the Options screen.

Multiplayer​

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused perks that provide a speed bonus to attacks to scale the final damage too high.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented you from joining the server even after downloading the map (with a revision parameter).

Changes
  • Implemented the in-game admin panel & admin features for dedicated servers.
    • The in-game admin panel provides an easy way to organize and moderate events. It comes with the following options:
      • Require mission restart: Game Type, Map, Attacker & Defender Culture, Minimum Score to Win Duel, Number of Rounds, Map Time Limit, Round Time Limit, Warmup Time Limit, Maximum Number of Players
      • Have immediate effect: Welcome Message, Team Balance Threshold, Friendly Damages, Class Limits (Allow, Disallow)
      • Others: End Warmup, Mute/Unmute Player, Kick Player, Ban Player
    • The admin features are only available to those who enter the server as an admin by providing the admin password (right-click on the server and then "Join as Admin"). You can then access the admin panel via the Escape menu.
      • The "AdminPassword" can be set from the server config.
    • Added an admin announcements system that pushes out text to everyone on the server. Admins can utilize it by typing the following into chat:
      • /ab [text] - Admin Broadcast - Displays the announcement in the middle of the screen as well as in chat alongside a sound notification.
      • /ac [text] - Admin Chat - Displays the announcement in chat.
    • Implemented a new configuration option to support the admin panel. The "add_map_to_usable_maps [MapName] [GameType],[GameType]" allows you to specify which maps should be made available in the admin panel for which game types.
      • For example: "add_map_to_usable_maps mp_siege_map_005 Siege,Skirmish"
    • Visit the updated Hosting a Custom Server modding documentation page to learn more.
A large step for MP :smile:

Dear devs, do will we ever get fixes and improvements for the graphic? At the moment there are many aspects to improve like the lighting with missing and broken shadows and shaders that don't use pbr shading.

The purpose of the beta is to support development. It does so by allowing us to collect feedback on much less stable and performant builds that do not offer save game continuity. Similarly, we can respond to such reports with a faster turnaround for these reasons and because we do not have to prepare, test, and optimize each build across a range of platforms. Even if the Steam beta version appears stable and performant to you - it does not mean that the build achieves this across all platforms. As long as more significant changes are still taking place, such platform-specific optimization efforts can easily be invalidated - which would further increase overall release times as the same work would need to be done several times.

As the scope of v1.2.5 grew larger than expected - we postponed our release. Most of our fellow forum members want to see more communication and we have been working on that - including patch release estimates.
and for that we thank you

Tiny new bug: when you complete a crafting order you get a message saying the crafted item was added to your inventory, even though it actually goes to the client.

Fixed a bug that enabled low-level troops to block a number of consecutive attacks from different directions.
Just test it out, Low level troops are now less using block, they rarely block 1-2 before making mistake. from tier 3 they will block 3-5, I Feel like this update overall reduce the block of all troops but low level troops suffer more. Just want to let people know, I have no idea wether it good or bad. Thanks !

I tried clearing out the hideout in the previous campaign, and it counted me as "1 of 5 parties eliminated"...
It is dependant on jow many parties are in the hideout. (The little pitch fork icon).

For this particular quest i will sometimes clear out the hideouts but usually i only take it if i am equipped for it, such as having a small party or ehough horses to increase my speed or a mainly horseman based party. Otherwise I have to skip it based on if there is no hideout close with enough parties or my party is not equipped for chasing smaller bands. Its just how the game works and isnt something that needs to be changed, you need to adjust your warband to the quests you take or hire a companion to handle them for you.

I guess you'll keep fixing bugs for years and this game will never be a 'full version'
The problem is, that they released a game as finished which in fact wasn't finished by far, regarding the time and work that already went into the 1.2.x bug-fixes and QoL-improvement.

They are now trying to save it, by finishing the base game and that's in my opinion the best option here. So, thank you devs for that.

But this also doesn make the faulty release undone and because it's a version after 1.0, people are demanding more and more content and additions for a base, that wasn't finished and isn't ready for that, and where new stuff would only lead to more and new problems.

The problem is, that they released a game as finished which in fact wasn't finished by far, regarding the time and work that already went into the 1.2.x bug-fixes and QoL-improvement.

They are now trying to save it, by finishing the base game and that's in my opinion the best option here. So, thank you devs for that.

But this also doesn make the faulty release undone and because it's a version after 1.0, people are demanding more and more content and additions for a base, that wasn't finished and where new stuff would only lead to more and new problems.

Larian released a 125gb patch today for BG3. (the 5th large one since release). Bethseda released some for Starfield already. Even got some in beta test (sounds familiar?). We talking about studios here far bigger in size and budgets than Taleworld. Games being released with issues and flaws is just how the industry is these days. Is it right? No, but our choice is basically, play or not play. It sounds a bit strange, but how you judge games these days seems to be by what the creators does to support it after the release. Look at a game such as no man sky, how it was at release vs how it is today.. huge difference.

But this also doesn make the faulty release undone and because it's a version after 1.0, people are demanding more and more content and additions for a base, that wasn't finished and isn't ready for that, and where new stuff would only lead to more and new problems.
Releasing an incomplete game to other platforms just to sell more is pure greed. Instead of completing the game, they optimized it for consoles. TW is very poorly managed. I'm not criticizing the developers for doing what was asked of them.

Larian released a 125gb patch today for BG3. (the 5th large one since release). Bethseda released some for Starfield already. Even got some in beta test (sounds familiar?). We talking about studios here far bigger in size and budgets than Taleworld. Games being released with issues and flaws is just how the industry is these days. Is it right? No, but our choice is basically, play or not play. It sounds a bit strange, but how you judge games these days seems to be by what the creators does to support it after the release. Look at a game such as no man sky, how it was at release vs how it is today.. huge difference.
you sound like a good man to know, let us speak together from time to time

Larian released a 125gb patch today for BG3. (the 5th large one since release). Bethseda released some for Starfield already. Even got some in beta test (sounds familiar?). We talking about studios here far bigger in size and budgets than Taleworld.
From the patch notes of BG3:
  • Epilogue: An entirely new section at the end of the game after the defeat of the [contains spoiler] that aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies.
  • Two new play modes: Honour Mode and Custom Mode.
  • Added a brand new fight in Ramazith’s Tower
  • + some more new content with [contains spoiler]
The content of the 1.2.x release of Bannerlord:
- formation targeting
- a bit new weather
- 3 new small quests
- the rest: 95 % bug-fixing and QoL-work

Don't get me wrong, as I stated before it's the right way to go for Bannerlord in the current situation. But you can't compare a patch that focuses on new content with a patch which nearly exclusevly contains fixing and QoL. That are just completly different topics.

And I won't comment on the quality or lack thereof of a bethesda-game here; that's not worth it.

Games being released with issues and flaws is just how the industry is these days. Is it right? No, but our choice is basically, play or not play.
No, you missed the third option, which is stating what a complete ****-show some companies (not TaleWorlds) produce and towards others voice your opinion to hopefully prevent them from going the same way.

It sounds a bit strange, but how you judge games these days seems to be by what the creators does to support it after the release.
No, I judge a game by its quality at the time I play it.
And if a company promises more after that, I judge the company according to their promises.

Look at a game such as no man sky, how it was at release vs how it is today.. huge difference.
If you start at the bottom, it's easy to make a "huge difference".
Also, I played No Man's Sky 3 years ago and would rate it as "ok-ish". Based on that, not sure if I would play it again. It had its chance and that is gone.

Back
Top Bottom