Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

The beta branch is provided for early adopters that would like to support the development as well as to give modders an opportunity to see what is coming before the majority of players will default to it. Not releasing hotfixes to beta would defeat its very purpose.

Naturally, you can also opt into the beta simply to play with new features - but you do so at your own risk. If you want a more stable environment, the live branch would be the appropriate choice.
I would very much like to sign up for the beta version, unfortunately I'm on console so I'm on your ass.

keep on living on your parallel universe of "official releases" and "beta versions"
Is this the only game you've played in the last decade? Simultaneous live and test versions are a common practice across the industry. Find something real to be upset about, and post in a different thread about it. If you come back with more of this nonsense, it will be the last time for a while.

Yes, live versions are generally more stable than beta versions. Especially in the context of mods - as each update receives its own branch on steam for players to continue their current campaign on.

Will 1.2.? / 1.3 be the final release once finished ? (keeping Console gamers happy) or will there be another Beta regarding lack of late game content ? / DLC content ? etc

I'm just wondering whether serious wargamers will need to turn to modders for future content ?

Will 1.2.? / 1.3 be the final release once finished ? (keeping Console gamers happy) or will there be another Beta regarding lack of late game content ? / DLC content ? etc

I'm just wondering whether serious wargamers will need to turn to modders for future content ?
The long-term approach was touched on here

TLDR - No, 1.2.x will not be the last patch or content update.

still getting this trash bug when crafting 2h axe, tested in current game and a new game without mods installed. PS really enjoyed the game.
Tested. Not fixed. All types of axes and maces will either disappear or turn into trash item after S/L
Thanks for highlighting this, will raise it with the relevant people.

The long-term approach was touched on here

TLDR - No, 1.2.x will not be the last patch or content update.

Thanks for highlighting this, will raise it with the relevant people.
Hey @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan , will you be unveiling TW's future plans for Bannerlord? It'll be a year since the release at October. Pretty much every feature in the future/release plans post has been implemented to the game except for claimants, replay editor & some unnamed changes to the influence system you've talked about a while ago (and also whatever "diplomacy decision making" entails, which may have already been implemented).

Do you intend to release any DLCs, only proceed with free updates, or do you plan to finish developing the game after 1.3 (& only doing bugfixes & performance updates, etc.)?

Also, if TW is planning on releasing a DLC (& v1.3) for the 1 year anniversary, please, for the love of all that is holy, let the community know at least 2 weeks beforehand.

Last edited:
Yes, live versions are generally more stable than beta versions. Especially in the context of mods - as each update receives its own branch on steam for players to continue their current campaign on.
Except for the fact that more often than not each branch, live and beta, gets either the exact same update or a partial update to the live version right along with the beta patches. And even when they're different, they're still released to both on the same day. Defeating the purpose for having two branches if they are both updated with the same regularity.

Also when they are different, very frequently changes to the 'live' version never appeared previously on the 'beta' version. You are effectively maintaining two different public beta versions of your 'released' game, forcing the modding community to do the same or choose just one version for no reason.

One time there was even a 'hot fix' that went into a patch prior to the live version, you know just to shortchange people trying to opt-out of the ridiculous update cycle the game still has 14 years into development.

Is this the only game you've played in the last decade? Simultaneous live and test versions are a common practice across the industry.
Name one respectable game that is not in early access nor in an active beta/alpha stage that has two concurrent and public facing versions (one of which is recommended for mods) that compete with each other and get same day often identical patches.

The game 'released', remember? You can't hide behind EA anymore, not that there was anything early about a decade of development to get it there.
Find something real to be upset about, and post in a different thread about it.
Define 'real'.
If you come back with more of this nonsense, it will be the last time for a while.
Jinkies.

Last edited:
Name one game that is not in early access nor in an active beta/alpha stage that has two concurrent and public facing versions of the game that compete with each other.
Pretty much every modern multiplayer game does this.
Slay the Spire did this when it was in active state of development.

There are so many issues with Bannerlord you can complain about them all day. Having two branches is not one of them.

Pretty much every modern multiplayer game does this.
They don't compete against each other, they don't receive the same patches, they don't split the community.

Not that it matters, but these games are also typically known as 'live service' games, or a 'game as a service', which Bannerlord, unless I missed a memo, is not.
Slay the Spire did this when it was in active state of development.
A card game, cool.
There are so many issues with Bannerlord you can complain about them all day. Having two branches is not one of them.
It serves no purpose, they get patched in tandem, both patches had no prior public testing done, and very frequently new things to the live version had never appeared on the beta version prior... so they're both beta branches.

Last edited:
@Shaxx
You probably should stop embarrassing yourself with your complete lack of knowledge of basic software development practices.

Again, I have a lot of problems with Bannerlord and TaleWorlds, but what they're doing with their beta branches is a bog-standard software development technique.

All I see is people who are completely ignorant and disrespectful.

1) Mods have never been an obligation in the world of video games, many companies even block their access to maintain a monopoly on new features. Criticizing Taleworlds on this aspect is really inflated.

2) The logic of "untapped potential" is truly grotesque... Where do you think this potential comes from? There was work before, right now, and apparently after. Bannerlord did not appear by the force of the holy spirit, a minimum of respect for this "potential" would be more deserved.

3) Code a real project once in your life, even just a website from scratch, then you can give lessons in branches and development. Especially since no one forced you to play on unfinished versions, it's YOUR choice and an opening from Taleworlds.

4) It is also YOUR choice to have purchased the game in the condition you knew it. Future plans were announced 1 year ago, so you knew what wasn't there and what might happen later. Stop looking for culprits and take responsibility for your own choices. Isn't it going fast enough? Refer to point 3.

5) This topic has reached a critical level of disrespect (I even saw a finger pass not long ago...), thank you to the TW moderators for doing something.

1) Mods have never been an obligation in the world of video games, many companies even block their access to maintain a monopoly on new features. Criticizing Taleworlds on this aspect is really inflated.
Warband's success was built on mods. It was expected, Bannerlord is very mod unfriendly. High profile mod authors have publicly walked away due to this. Open letters have been signed by whole modding communities decrying the state of modding. With every 1 line hot fix countless mods are resigned to the dustbin of modding history never to been seen again because of how they have to be maintained on two different versions of the game in perpetuity forever.
2) The logic of "untapped potential" is truly grotesque... Where do you think this potential comes from? There was work before, right now, and apparently after. Bannerlord did not appear by the force of the holy spirit, a minimum of respect for this "potential" would be more deserved.
Coming up on 14 years of 'potential'. Oh look they redesigned pine cones again, neat.
3) Code a real project once in your life, even just a website from scratch, then you can give lessons in branches and development. Especially since no one forced you to play on unfinished versions, it's YOUR choice and an opening from Taleworlds.
This argument is always hilarious, a version of 'make your own game then if it's so easy', particularly in this case because in the time Bannerlord has been in development it is completely feasible for someone to go to uni, get a four year degree in software development and then have 9+ years and counting to spare.
4) It is also YOUR choice to have purchased the game in the condition you knew it.
The "you knew damn well I was a snake" defense. Nice.

Armagan did indeed make a statement when the EA released recommending that people just wait to play it on full release, because well, it was incomplete and still in active development. And now here we are on full release and it's still incomplete and in active development.
5) This topic has reached a critical level of disrespect (I even saw a finger pass not long ago...), thank you to the TW moderators for doing something.
I have been registered since 2010 and I can say there were no darker days here than that of the year 2015 and the year 2019. You ain't seen nothin'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom