Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Video game development companies not falsely advertising features of their game is the exception in 2023. Most video games do not include all promised features. This is an industry wide problem, not a local Taleworlds one.
My question still stands. At what point is it false advertising? At some point they gotta be crossing some kind of legal threshold.

My question still stands. At what point is it false advertising? At some point they gotta be crossing some kind of legal threshold.
The only reason it hasn't even gotten to that level 'legality' of outcries is this 'roadmap' stuff. Game is still in beta, just with a 'full-release' tagged on for some reason.
They'll keep stringing the game along with these roadmaps/features to be completed probably for the next year or so without ever 'finishing' the game. Because they know if they do themselves 'finish' it (at its current state), they will have to deal with that added backlash - for now it's being swept under the rug with hushed soon updates.

Provavelmente haverá um Hotfix Beta v1.2.4 primeiro.

Ainda não ouvi esse boato, então, caso você esteja tentando começar um, deixe-me cortar pela raiz - não, esse não é o caso.
I don't want you to nip the rumors in the bud, I want you to nip the bugs in the bud, I want you to nip the launch delay in the bud, I want you to nip the lack of transparency in the bud.

There will likely be a Beta v1.2.4 Hotfix first.

Why are you doing this to us?

You are not going to fix in a single patch all that is wrong, broken and missing in the game that you couldn't fix in a a decade of development, two years of EA and a year of "official release". It wouldn't be the first time you released a poor patch anyway.

1.2 has been in beta for three months just tell us what exactly isn't yet fixed and why it's so critical.

You need to understand that 1.1 is literally a mess and it's an insult to us players that this version is still the "stable" version from your "officially released" game.

Last edited:
Having been playing the test branch exclusively, I support a hotfix. Still some balance things and a couple of bugs. The sort of ones where I throw my hands up and go, this run must be abandoned. Not that they are unplayable crash bugs mind you, but some interrupt character plans enough is is better to retry and hope you don't get the issue or to develop a character of a different type for more fun.

The best way to raise medicine for the player, on test, is to get badly injured yourself (hideouts and trying to take over alleys is key) and then rest yourself back to health. Do the opposite of the perk on the rest for max healing "ticks". So if you chose to heal when moving on map perk, rest in a settlement. If you chose the perk for more healing when resting, heal while moving. This is awkward. It is harder to level organically through battle, and even worse to level on a companion medic than on live. It was never easy to level now is a mess. My test character was a Battanian that started with highest healing and INT that was possible and rapidly invested in it. Levelling it on a fighter focused build where you are low int and low perk just to get the starting perks for your build will be excruciating.

Alley takeovers are bugged again. I'm not sure of the trigger, and there is an open ticket in progress. I have a proper candidate companion (high roguery, one "bad" trait, autogenerated "the Robber" empire). But, when I win an alley fight the option to take it over is always unselectable. I have tried being a merc, being totally freelance, when merc in my factions, not in my faction. And yes, I have run alleys before, so I know the drill. If I find the trigger I'll post in the existing (not mine) bug thread.

Running a workshop is still obscure enough it doesn't feel either fun to micromanage or useful to "fire and forget". Warehouses are a cool concept, but how the economy "settles" after the game is played a while leads to much overproduction by the AI. So the economy seems to eventually trash itself. That has bigger implications to runs, esp if running unmodded.

The new battle AI also offers new plusses, but still seems off where it won't respond to rear or flanking attacks at all (again documented well, not by me). The balance between hold formation and defend yourself still feels like it needs tweaking. Spears feel better after last mini-patch though.

Last edited:
The sort of ones where I throw my hands up and go, this run must be abandoned. Not that they are unplayable crash bugs mind you, but they interrupt character plans enough is is better to retry and hope you don't get the issue or to develop a character of a different type.

Dude this is the history of the game and why mods like diplomacy and others have been so essential.

At the rate they are working on this patch it'll release for Xmas. Just in time for their "official release" version 2.

At the very least they could be more forthcoming about the progress.

Right, but test is for feedback usually. So I give feedback as a test player. Noting if the feedback is for modded (and what) and unmodded is important.

Status of known bugs is found in that forum area, but you have to search for the issue yourself. Which is normal enough.

However the feedback on setting expectations is valid. I know the "chatter-verse" on gaming is going on about BG3 (and I have been a test player pre-release on the very early titles from that studio too btw). But I feel they are different enough games architecturally that the comparisons here are meaningless.

I would love to see something out of Taleworlds like Coffee Stain Studios (Satisfactory) does.

Last edited:
Prices will rise and even fewer people will play, there is a lack of official servers in South America, etc. There is no activity of events or tournaments and too much time since its launch, if they do not develop a mount & blade 3 or DLC I see it difficult that it will be profitable to continue fixing bannerlord's bugs

Prices will rise and even fewer people will play, there is a lack of official servers in South America, etc. There is no activity of events or tournaments and too much time since its launch, if they do not develop a mount & blade 3 or DLC I see it difficult that it will be profitable to continue fixing bannerlord's bugs
😂😂😂dejan was getting roasted on the post about raising prices so they do the most taleworlds thing possible....delete all the comments and remove the option to comment at all on the post. I got a feeling you're right, were never gonna see this update. Hell, I'm starting to think dejan is the only employee left at taleworlds, going for one more moneygrab before he closes the doors permanently.

😂😂😂dejan was getting roasted on the post about raising prices so they do the most taleworlds thing possible....delete all the comments and remove the option to comment at all on the post. I got a feeling you're right, were never gonna see this update. Hell, I'm starting to think dejan is the only employee left at taleworlds, going for one more moneygrab before he closes the doors permanently.
iam just wildly guessing that you are nothing but annoying toddlers and people that are in charge have other stuff on their mind than dealing with subjects like yours. you behave like morons.

iam just wildly guessing that you are nothing but annoying toddlers and people that are in charge have other stuff on their mind than dealing with subjects like yours. you behave like morons.
I think they just like the little boot licking shills like yourself better than the people pointing out that they need to finish the game before asking for more money. Fanboys gotta fanboy, I guess.

what does this even mean? besides the broad (and frankly stupid) generalisation?

so in your mind people who have played the game beyond a certain amount of time have no business pointing out the game is broken? or pointing out that it has "officially released" for a year and many game mechanics remain missing or broken? that their patches remain in beta for months on end and still bug the hell out of the game when they push them through? when we the players are responsible to test the game?

or in your mind, players who have "gotten their moneys worth" are not entitled to complain but TW can sell their "officially released" game in its current state at $49.99 and receive praise?

and IF you are right that people who are new to the game are not complainig - and it is a big IF - have you considered its because they likely have moved on to greener pastures? or are gamers who maybe wouldn't even enjoy the game as much if it was working as intended?

people who have played for "hundreds or thousands" of hours are all that remains.
nah dont be intentionally misunderstanding, read my whole comment. i wasnt speaking of small bugs and such, but really, how much are such small fixes going to help you enjoy the game much more? When I play I barely come across any bugs, maybe some minor I don't care about after hours of gameplay. Worst case probably some formation/ai not working as it should. Complaining loud about minuscule details, but does it really help? Yes, I do think many make such a big fuss over such small things because they play the game too much, nobody else cares really.
Yes for $50 today, it does offer good enough content and generally even more and better polished than most alternatives. You exaggerate about the flaws

I think they just like the little boot licking shills like yourself better than the people pointing out that they need to finish the game before asking for more money. Fanboys gotta fanboy, I guess.
you simply dont get it. you go after dejan like he would be the boss and then act like it's a trophy that people simply turn it dowm because they dont have any of that bullsh*t. go on dreaming and imagine like you would be the big hitter because you are trying to set some fire on a fkn forum.
if you would be serious you would go other ways, but you decided to troll in a forum like a 12yo child and front on people which are simply not having any of your infant ****show. it has nothing to do with your -rather dumb- criticism. dealing with onionheads is just not worth any time or effort.

Last edited:
nah dont be intentionally misunderstanding, read my whole comment. i wasnt speaking of small bugs and such, but really, how much are such small fixes going to help you enjoy the game much more? When I play I barely come across any bugs, maybe some minor I don't care about after hours of gameplay. Worst case probably some formation/ai not working as it should. Complaining loud about minuscule details, but does it really help? Yes, I do think many make such a big fuss over such small things because they play the game too much, nobody else cares really.
Yes for $50 today, it does offer good enough content and generally even more and better polished than most alternatives. You exaggerate about the flaws

small fixes? what game are you playing?

you simply dont get it. you go after dejan like he would be the boss and then act like it's a trophy that people simply turn it dowm because they dont have any of that bullsh*t. go on dreaming and imagine like you would be the big hitter because you are trying to set some fire on a fkn forum.
if you would be serious you would go other ways, but you decided to troll in a forum like a 12yo child and front on people which are simply not having any of your infant ****show. it has nothing to do with your -rather dumb- criticism. dealing with onionheads is just not worth any time or effort.
What other ways? The only responses anybody gets(rarely), are vague, cryptic responses that tell the same story....nothing. Theyve built a brand on stringing gamers along and people like you have given them a pass, on both incomplete launches and lack of clear communication. I'm not alone in having no patience left for this company.

"soon as possible"
prom.png

Stop harassing Dejan and Taleworlds! They have a small team. And Bannerlord is a great game and a unique one at the same time. Because of your impatience, they will not be able to make a patch faster, and the quality of the game will suffer.

Back
Top Bottom