Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, what is steamdb? Do you think this could be 1.2 going live? I am console trash hahaha
It has steam's update history charts etc thing. Bannerlord use several internal beta in steam. If internal betas start to get several update in 1 week usually next update is close. Edit: This is usually, there is no way to confirm if update actually close or not. Only devs know.

It has steam's update history charts etc thing. Bannerlord use several internal beta in steam. If internal betas start to get several update in 1 week usually next update is close.
Ahhhh so basically once there is a new update (1.3 for example), 1.2 goes live and 1.3 is beta?

Ahhhh so basically once there is a new update (1.3 for example), 1.2 goes live and 1.3 is beta?
I dont know. There is times talewords give new beta at end of last beta, but we also had times we had no public beta. Also next public beta may not be 1.3, it can be 1.2.1

I dont know. There is times talewords give new beta at end of last beta, but we also had times we had no public beta. Also next public beta may not be 1.3, it can be 1.2.1
Ah okay. Well i think i understand. Essentially, there might be a chance of 1.2 going live.

@Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan Are there still blocker issues that are stopping the release of the new patch to live?
Still working on bringing Beta to Live, and yeah we have outstanding issues to resolve. Regardless of those, we're planning to organize at least one more MP test on Beta soonish, possibly with some new MP balance changes that we're hoping to get your feedback on. So if that interests you, keep an eye on the forums.

Apart from that, what Duh mentioned in the other thread still very much holds true. We need to complete the whole process and we're not there yet.
Our release process comes down to the following:
  • Complete required content for a release
  • Pass base line internal check
  • Release to beta
  • Resolve issues that are already known or identified at this point internally / by the community
  • Complete other cross-platform release requirements (localization, release check, certification)
  • Full cross-platform release to "Live"

Dang, it sounds the patch won't be released this week, that's a shame Thanks for letting us know anyway.
Yeah, without setting or failing too many expectations - it could be a little while longer. Appreciate everyone's patience on us getting this to you. I understand everyone on Console is super eager to play it with the Cheats and the improved support for controllers - which we included in the dev update video. That was a fun experience heh, turns out it's not as simple of a task to record someone play on a controller as I thought.

Yeah, without setting or failing too many expectations - it could be a little while longer. Appreciate everyone's patience on us getting this to you. I understand everyone on Console is super eager to play it with the Cheats and the improved support for controllers - which we included in the dev update video. That was a fun experience heh, turns out it's not as simple of a task to record someone play on a controller as I thought.
Could I ask what the blocker issue(s) is/are. I'm just curious, and I assume that there shouldn't be any issues with you sharing it with us.

Indeed us console players are! Hahaha

Could I ask what the blocker issue(s) is/are. I'm just curious, and I assume that there shouldn't be any issues with you sharing it with us.
We don't normally share remaining blocker issues with you. Personally, I don't feel that would work out for a number of reasons but to mention one - new blockers (not specifically only crashes, bugs, and game changes) can arise at certain points of the process (internal tests, community reports,...) - leading to false expectations in regards to the ETA on the patch release. But I am happy to check on any specific issues you might have.

We don't normally share remaining blocker issues with you. Personally, I don't feel that would work out for a number of reasons but to mention one - new blockers (not specifically only crashes, bugs, and game changes) can arise at certain points of the process (internal tests, community reports,...) - leading to false expectations in regards to the ETA on the patch release.
Alright that makes sense I guess.
But I am happy to check on any specific issues you might have.
My specific issues are melee infantry being too passive against mounted units (they attempt to block the majority of the time), and melee cavalry being too passive against foot troops and they often miss their attacks when they aren't being passive.

Last edited:
Haven't touched the game now approaching a year, I'm just done with testing the incomplete game. I was relatively fine with it all during the early access since I 'paid' for the early access and what else was I to expect? The games out now, full-release. Yet we still have beta patches, missing elements, lack of QoL, features half-baked, etc...Even if one considers those issues being subjective, then the only patches I should be expecting at this point are addressing the benign bugs/crashes, optimizations, or odd balance tweaks; feels like there's still a lot of **** they need to add - as they probably are working on too.
So, finish the damn game or call it quits/complete with its current state - I just want to play the complete game as it was 'intended' then go from there. It's just stupid how they went ahead with the version of 'full-release' they did when anyone following along with the progress knew it definitely wasn't; they pushed it for whatever reason they did so. Now they are 'hiding' behind these outdated roadmaps still TBD that are coming anytime 'soon'.
😂😂And what do we get when dejan finally responds....."soonish". They just keep dangling a carrot in front of us.

😂😂And what do we get when dejan finally responds....."soonish". They just keep dangling a carrot in front of us.
Yeah. Its not ideal. I would rather them say, 'It will not be for at least 2 weeks' or something like that. Then when 2 weeks is nearing its close, they can keep saying 'it definitelywon't be for 3 weeks, as something else has happened' etc etc. This solves the issue of them not knowing when it will be done, they know when it cant be done.

Alright that makes sense I guess.

My specific issues are melee infantry being too passive against mounted units (they attempt to block the majority of the time), and melee cavalry being too passive against foot troops and they often miss their attacks when they aren't being passive.
....that's not a blocker issue.... that's a BLOCKING ISSUE :ROFLMAO:

It is insane to me that patch 1.2 still hasn't hit consoles. TaleWorlds, can you at least provide an updated timeline?

People are incredibly frustrated.
It's a lot to test and make sure it works properly I'm sure the main feature most console players are waiting for is just the cheat menu. Id rather be patient and have things work right than get corrupt save.

It's a lot to test and make sure it works properly I'm sure the main feature most console players are waiting for is just the cheat menu. Id rather be patient and have things work right than get corrupt save.
Yes, the cheat menu!!! We are second class citiziens.

Back
Top Bottom