Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

@Dejan will the "Red Tabard over Mail Hauberk" that the Vlandian Vanguard uses be color coded as well?

I really like this patch and all the armors that now follow the faction color. And color coding this armor would be a good thing as well. Thank you!
Will forward your feedback.
@Dejan are we likely to see patch 1.2.4 this week? Also, whenever you're releasing 1.2.4, could you please release it in a separate beta patch? Mods patched to beta 1.2 such as the Old Realms are likely to break otherwise.
We'll see tomorrow. In regards to creating a separate branch for Beta v1.2.3 when Beta v1.2.4 is out - this is not something we can accommodate for a number of reasons.
  • Beta is provided in advance of a Live patch with the intention of gathering feedback from the community at an earlier point of the patch publishing process - allowing us to act on it before the patch reaches the broader player base. Creating multiple Beta versions could create confusion on this front with people providing feedback on older Beta versions.
    • Beta Hotfixes aren't announced on Steam and our Website, just on forums. Fewer people are therefore likely to see that a new Beta has been released and switch to it.
  • There's a limit to the number of branches we can have via the Steam Betas system. If we were to include all of the Beta patches and hotfixes, which are usually more frequent than their Live counterparts, we would need to start removing older patches at an earlier point to free up the space. Taking into account the number of players that play on Beta (minuscule compared to Live), I don't believe this is the right path for the broader player base that still plays on older patches.
While we gather and act on feedback from the modders during the Beta as well, our support for mods focuses primarily on the Live version. As such, if you would like to avoid mods breaking with patches, I advise you to stick with Live patches (which have past versions available via the Steam Betas system).

Will forward your feedback.

We'll see tomorrow. In regards to creating a separate branch for Beta v1.2.3 when Beta v1.2.4 is out - this is not something we can accommodate for a number of reasons.
  • Beta is provided in advance of a Live patch with the intention of gathering feedback from the community at an earlier point of the patch publishing process - allowing us to act on it before the patch reaches the broader player base. Creating multiple Beta versions could create confusion on this front with people providing feedback on older Beta versions.
    • Beta Hotfixes aren't announced on Steam and our Website, just on forums. Fewer people are therefore likely to see that a new Beta has been released and switch to it.
  • There's a limit to the number of branches we can have via the Steam Betas system. If we were to include all of the Beta patches and hotfixes, which are usually more frequent than their Live counterparts, we would need to start removing older patches at an earlier point to free up the space. Taking into account the number of players that play on Beta (minuscule compared to Live), I don't believe this is the right path for the broader player base that still plays on older patches.
While we gather and act on feedback from the modders during the Beta as well, our support for mods focuses primarily on the Live version. As such, if you would like to avoid mods breaking with patches, I advise you to stick with Live patches (which have past versions available via the Steam Betas system).
Update on when it is going live?

Is the wait time for this update even worth the content it's bringing? Obviously as a console player, with not a whole lot of time to play, im excited for the cheats, but that felt like something that could be implemented very quick, and the rest of the content that's coming with the update i wouldn't think that it would be representative of 3 months{possibly more by the time it comes out} work.

Why are you guys getting excited about 1.2.4? Do you expect some sort of a break from the cycle of 100 fixed bugs and 102 new bugs?

Is the wait time for this update even worth the content it's bringing? Obviously as a console player, with not a whole lot of time to play, im excited for the cheats, but that felt like something that could be implemented very quick, and the rest of the content that's coming with the update i wouldn't think that it would be representative of 3 months{possibly more by the time it comes out} work.
As a console player I concur. Ultimately the game is playable for casual players like myself (ultimately casual players don’t care if their shield doesn't block an arrow every so often or if a lord disappears or whatever hahahah). Therefore, I would just like the cheats in reality to save me time as I am no longer unemployed, or a schoolchild. Casual players who actually come to this forum and comment will be part of a tiny minority, however, most of the total player base will indeed be casual players. Therefore. I don't really understand why TW is taking this long when most players (console specifically) just want the cheats and if that comes with a silly glitch (or several), so be it.

Why are you guys getting excited about 1.2.4? Do you expect some sort of a break from the cycle of 100 fixed bugs and 102 new bugs?
Personally, I would like to jump in for a playthrough to check on the progress.. (haven't played since 1.2.0). Now that 1.2.4 is "soon", don't want to start a campaign on 1.2.3...

As for the expectations...

I genuinely think this is the end for taleworlds. Theyve left such a sour taste in the fans mouths, that if they ever try to make another game, their fanbase will not be there to fund their next decade long development.

Personally, I would like to jump in for a playthrough to check on the progress.. (haven't played since 1.2.0). Now that 1.2.4 is "soon", don't want to start a campaign on 1.2.3...

As for the expectations...
Personally, want them to just get this last patch out, and be done with it. Stop leading us on with these 'soon' patches 1-year post release with nary any communication or outdated/boiler-plate roadmaps. Done expecting it'll be something significant (as if any patch had), even if it's half-assed like all patches previous.
Put patch out, address your crash/blocker issues, call it 'complete', mods will try to fix/add what they can, and we all move on.
The last patch (betas shouldn't count post-release) of any content they pushed out was in March.

Want the main branch to move to 1.2.4 so I can start modding and a new playthrough
Personally, want them to just get this last patch out, and be done with it. Stop leading us on with these 'soon' patches 1-year post release with nary any communication or outdated/boiler-plate roadmaps. Done expecting it'll be something significant (as if any patch had), even if it's half-assed like all patches previous.
Put patch out, address your crash/blocker issues, call it 'complete', mods will try to fix/add what they can, and we all move on.
The last patch (betas shouldn't count post-release) of any content they pushed out was in March.
I think you're being a drama queen, if the game stays on a single patch longer (which seems to be the case with this new model of moving bugfixes to beta) then mod development should be smooth.At the end of the day only TW can make changes to the codebase, and even small changes can make a big diffrence (for modders especially; postive or negative, but mostly positive)

I genuinely think this is the end for taleworlds. Theyve left such a sour taste in the fans mouths, that if they ever try to make another game, their fanbase will not be there to fund their next decade long development.
Yeah taleworlds are well know for being really slow developing, after all the game was in beta for years before release and even after the release there was still loads of bugs and a lack of features such as kingdom destruction and cheats for console. Update 1.2 is long overdue and it's been 3 months of waiting for features which should've already been in the game from launch

I think you're being a drama queen, if the game stays on a single patch longer (which seems to be the case with this new model of moving bugfixes to beta) then mod development should be smooth.At the end of the day only TW can make changes to the codebase, and even small changes can make a big diffrence (for modders especially; postive or negative, but mostly positive)
If we're talking about bug issues/fixes, minor QoL things, some typo, perk miscalculation, some new set of armor, new village scene, etc...I'd agree. Group them up in one patch and send vs little 'v1.1.5' patches every week or even every month.

I just know that what/whenever this 'next' update comes, it will just be turning this 1.2.0 beta>'official' with a massive laundry list of bug/crashes solved (amazing feat in itself that list of bugs/crashes seems to never shorten over the last ~4 years).

The 'content' of this beta was already done and released back in June. What the hell were these past 3 months then? Just dealing with all crashes/bug fixes/blocker issues before it's deemed 'acceptable' to be an official patch? If so, how are we still dealing with this many bugs/crashes/blocker issues this far into the game's development 1-year post-launch cycle? Are they just delaying it so it coincides for a nice little marketing gimmick as their 1-year anniversary next month to hook more players into this incomplete mess?

At the end of the day, the game's development rest solely on the competency of the devs/TW studio.

Yeah I really want to know too and I don't get why the Devs can't tell us how much longer they think it's gonna be, they owe it to us because of how slow they are
I can believe the theory that they're waiting to release at the 1 year anniversary of making the game live to try and boost sales. At this point who knows. What we do know is its gonna be at least another beta with 1.2.4. Taleworlds really is trash. All I can suggest is when they try and get the community to fund their next decade plus development, the community needs to give them the finger🖕.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom