Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a lot to test and make sure it works properly I'm sure the main feature most console players are waiting for is just the cheat menu. Id rather be patient and have things work right than get corrupt save.
I think people just ask to destroy faction option..

Okay so not to make excuses for taleworlds, but this is my take on it. When they announced Beta 1.1.0 it was in Jan. and by Mar. it was live. Beta 1.2.0 was announced in June and it is now September. There is only approximately one month difference between these two situations. Also after the announcement and launch of Beta 1.2.0 there was an earthquake in Turkey or did we all forget that? I get being impatient and frustrated, especially console players who are anxiously waiting for this update. However, at the same time I think we need to cut Taleworlds some slack here. While, yes it would be nice if they would be a bit more transparent about timelines for launch, we should consider the number of times that developers and gaming companies promised a release date and had to move that release date back. How many people became angry because of false promises? A lot.

Okay so not to make excuses for taleworlds, but this is my take on it. When they announced Beta 1.1.0 it was in Jan. and by Mar. it was live. Beta 1.2.0 was announced in June and it is now September. There is only approximately one month difference between these two situations. Also after the announcement and launch of Beta 1.2.0 there was an earthquake in Turkey or did we all forget that? I get being impatient and frustrated, especially console players who are anxiously waiting for this update. However, at the same time I think we need to cut Taleworlds some slack here. While, yes it would be nice if they would be a bit more transparent about timelines for launch, we should consider the number of times that developers and gaming companies promised a release date and had to move that release date back. How many people became angry because of false promises? A lot.
Theyve been working on this game for over a decade. Exactly how much more "slack" do they need?

Usually I see these, assume someone that only recently joined, or only got the game at 'full release' - so their perspective is only the last couple months or so. In that aspect, sure, grab whatever reasoning as to why they are so slow - acts of god, extended vacations, war right next door, etc...Slack was given during the 3.5 years of early access - pace was all over place and objectively slowed down year over year.
It's no different after the 'full release' a year ago when they got their second installment of money. In fact, pace is even worse than before early access; with what seems like even worse communication (if we can even label what we had in EA as communication).

They know what they have right now does not meet standard, or even what they promised with their full release - yet seemingly don't even have any drive to complete it since there's no longer any monetary incentive involved. So we're stuck in this stupid post-release beta/'roadmap' phase; we don't have a complete game and they're trying to hide/mitigate the criticism on the more 'public' side of things.

@Dejan It's been 2,5 since 1.2 was released to beta and more than 1 month since the latest hotfix to 1.2. Have you guys made any leeway? Will we at least see a new hotfix, if not the movement of 1.2.x to live soon?

If you're not able to answer (however vaguely) how soon we are likely to see something, please, at least answer what specifically has been making it take so long. I'm really curious, is it one or more game issues like performance, AI issues, economy balancing, or lots of people taking vacations in August, people leaving/being made redundant due to the value of the Lira depreciating and resulting in TW needing more capital, etc.

Last edited:
@Dejan It's been 2,5 since 1.2 was released to beta and more than 1 month since the latest hotfix to 1.2. Have you guys made any leeway? Will we at least see a new hotfix, if not the movement of 1.2.x to live soon?

If you're not able to answer (however vaguely) how soon we are likely to see something, please, at least answer what specifically has been making it take so long. I'm really curious, is it one or more game issues like performance, AI issues, economy balancing, or lots of people taking vacations in August, people leaving/being made redundant due to the value of the Lira depreciating and resulting in TW needing more capital, etc.
I'm convinced at this point were gonna 1 of 2 things. Either we get a release that doesnt include alot of the features they keep advertising, or they just go silent and we never get anything. I've learned my lesson not to trust this studio, definitely will never buy another product from them.

I'm convinced at this point were gonna 1 of 2 things. Either we get a release that doesnt include alot of the features they keep advertising, or they just go silent and we never get anything. I've learned my lesson not to trust this studio, definitely will never buy another product from them.
Nah, TW going silent like this and taking a while to release a patch isn't that uncommon at this point, but TW is actually trustworthy in implementing features they announced (except for claimants really taking long to be added for some weird reason, but we have some files added in 1.2 that contain info about claimants, which means that they haven't abandoned it). If the lack of communication is a turn-off for you, fair enough. In fact, one of the biggest reasons for TW's aversion towards communicating about their future plans is to not get burnt in case they promise a feature they aren't 100% sure they can't deliver.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they reverted some of the AI changes back to how they were in 1.1 (like cav vs foot troops & vice versa) because they don't find the new AI satisfactory. They most likely be fixing/improving the current AI in 1.2, but there's a small chance of a revert nonetheless (like 1 in 10 chance).

Also, I've found this video online about the exploitability of the 1.2 AI. It has a really specific way of getting inside the walls, but the video shows how the new AI has tunnel vision on staying in location even when an enemy in front is shooting them.

It seems the answer for that is money, hence the price change they're about to make.

Parece que a resposta para isso é dinheiro, daí a mudança de preço que estão prestes a fazer.
There are rumors that a good part of the team was fired due to incompetence, they are delaying the development of the game due to a lack of intelligence, they are racking their brains to fix simple bugs.

There are rumors that a good part of the team was fired due to incompetence, they are delaying the development of the game due to a lack of intelligence, they are racking their brains to fix simple bugs.

I don't know if that is true or not but new features added to Beta 1.2 are good ! They must have some skills.

Although I have heard some "programmers" from 3rd nations are programmers in name only, bought their certificate on the black market to gain access to richer nations.

There will likely be a Beta v1.2.4 Hotfix first.
Haven't heard that rumor yet, so in case you're trying to start one, let me nip it in the bud - no, that's not the case.

There will likely be a Beta v1.2.4 Hotfix first.

Haven't heard that rumor yet, so in case you're trying to start one, let me nip it in the bud - no, that's not the case.
Thanks for letting us know!

It seems the answer for that is money, hence the price change they're about to make.
It says alot about this sleazy company to raise prices for a game they cant even figure out how to complete. How they still have fanboys defending them is beyond me.

It says alot about this sleazy company to raise prices for a game they cant even figure out how to complete. How they still have fanboys defending them is beyond me.
I'm not saying that there can't be sleaze, but I'm guessing that the biggest reason for the price increase is this:

I'm not saying that there can't be sleaze, but I'm guessing that the biggest reason for the price increase is this:

Fair enough, but maybe itd be a good idea to finish the product they're so desperate to sale at a higher price. Its a bad look to put out an unfinished game, only to raise the price to buy the unfinished game(while advertising features in yt videos that they cant seem to actually implement). Everything I've encountered with this company screams sleazy.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that this kind of game can truly be "finished". That being said, it's honestly unacceptable to have some of the most basic mechanics like kingdom destruction being implemented (to beta) nearly a year after release & still having such barebones and piss poor diplomacy and voting AI for policies & peace/war with no improvements in sight. If you mean the game lacking such features by unfinished, you're 100% right. New updates also shouldn't take this long to be moved to live. They don't take this long most of the time, but this one is for some reason.

The price increase however (if it's increased reasonably) is something they most likely need to do in order for their product to be profitable enough (maybe at all), and yes it sucks for the consumer. It's a ****ty ordeal for both sides as long as they don't increase the price disproportionately.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that this kind of game can truly be "finished". That being said, it's honestly unacceptable to have some of the most basic mechanics like kingdom destruction being implemented (to beta) nearly a year after release & still having such barebones and piss poor diplomacy and voting AI for policies & peace/war with no improvements in sight. If you mean the game lacking such features by unfinished, you're 100% right. New updates also shouldn't take this long to be moved to live. They don't take this long most of the time, but this one is for some reason.

The price increase however (if it's increased reasonably) is something they most likely need to do in order for their product to be profitable enough (maybe at all), and yes it sucks for the consumer. It's a ****ty ordeal for both sides as long as they don't increase the price disproportionately.
I hate using analogies, but it's like if a bakery advertised a cake, but when you go to buy it they give you cake mix. But you hafta wait for the eggs as the chickens haven't laid them yet. Meanwhile, the bakery advertises their cakes as already baked and raise the prices on them. At what point is the bakery guilty of false advertising?

I hate using analogies, but it's like if a bakery advertised a cake, but when you go to buy it they give you cake mix. But you hafta wait for the eggs as the chickens haven't laid them yet. Meanwhile, the bakery advertises their cakes as already baked and raise the prices on them. At what point is the bakery guilty of false advertising?
Video game development companies not falsely advertising features of their game is the exception in 2023. Most video games do not include all promised features. This is an industry wide problem, not a local Taleworlds one.

Back
Top Bottom