Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

[...]

how the approaches and solutions on issues are looking like is on a different page tho. remember when people asked for a reinforcement fix (back then reinforcements where bound to the default spawn position)? and look what we have now - an even worse system :grin:

lately iam also complaining a little bit more because iam also really not satisfied about the game quality especially with the after release branches and quality. and yet still community managers/devs hear me out kindly. and looking into the bug reports i can see that this is not a privilege but a standard.
Haven't touched the game now approaching a year, I'm just done with testing the incomplete game. I was relatively fine with it all during the early access since I 'paid' for the early access and what else was I to expect? The games out now, full-release. Yet we still have beta patches, missing elements, lack of QoL, features half-baked, etc...Even if one considers those issues being subjective, then the only patches I should be expecting at this point are addressing the benign bugs/crashes, optimizations, or odd balance tweaks; feels like there's still a lot of **** they need to add - as they probably are working on too.
So, finish the damn game or call it quits/complete with its current state - I just want to play the complete game as it was 'intended' then go from there. It's just stupid how they went ahead with the version of 'full-release' they did when anyone following along with the progress knew it definitely wasn't; they pushed it for whatever reason they did so. Now they are 'hiding' behind these outdated roadmaps still TBD that are coming anytime 'soon'.

It is insane to me that patch 1.2 still hasn't hit consoles. TaleWorlds, can you at least provide an updated timeline?

People are incredibly frustrated.

i am sure i am experiencing withdrawal syndrome at this point.

its a mix of frustration, anger, disbelief, confusion, dismay..

they give you a high producing encouraging patch notes after they totally butchered the game months prior only to go silent for months on end

Code once in your life and you will realize that your request is unconscious.

Coding is by definition a generator of bugs. Correcting a bug is therefore by definition a generator of other bugs. What is a bug? UNEXPECTED behavior! We don't communicate when we don't know, it make no sense. It can last 2 days like 2 months

All you will gain with your impatience is that TW will stop giving you their beta versions (or only private), and that TW will no longer bother with complicated codes for their next games. That way we will lose the only license that still bothers with such an autonomous AI and such multi-genre gameplay. Nice strategy... 👌

Coding is by definition a generator of bugs. Correcting a bug is therefore by definition a generator of other bugs. What is a bug? UNEXPECTED behavior! We don't communicate when we don't know, it make no sense. It can last 2 days like 2 months

All you will gain with your impatience is that TW will stop giving you their beta versions (or only private), and that TW will no longer bother with complicated codes for their next games. That way we will lose the only license that still bothers with such an autonomous AI and such multi-genre gameplay. Nice strategy... 👌

Starting to think a developer for TW has made a burner account hahaha

😂😂😂Their next game?? I can only speak for myself, I'll never buy another product from this company. I've learned my lesson, and the botched implementation of this patch is ensuring I wont be the only person with that sentiment. It's also extremely unethical in my opinion to put a video on their youtube(videos still up) advertising all these new features as if they're already in game. When you sort newest comments it's all people buying the game because that video convinced them it was a finished product. This has been my first taleworlds purchase, and it will be my last. Now get back to work to get this patch out instead of making fake accounts to defend your company.

😂😂😂Their next game?? I can only speak for myself, I'll never buy another product from this company. I've learned my lesson, and the botched implementation of this patch is ensuring I wont be the only person with that sentiment. It's also extremely unethical in my opinion to put a video on their youtube(videos still up) advertising all these new features as if they're already in game. When you sort newest comments it's all people buying the game because that video convinced them it was a finished product. This has been my first taleworlds purchase, and it will be my last. Now get back to work to get this patch out instead of making fake accounts to defend your company.
Hear hear. I am in the same situation as you. I didnt buy it when it came out on console as I was waiting for cheats. That video came around in June and I stupidly bought it...

I have a very real fear that they will simply not bother putting the promised 15 cheats onto console. Becausse think about it, this is a beta update atm but only for pc. So if the 15 cheats for console cause bugs, no one will know, as it is only tested for pc, which presumably is not getting those cheats as they are redundant for pc. I am becoming increasingly worried that the mentioning of cheats for console was a cash grab and I am not sure if there will be any recourse if they do not follow through with it when (if) 1.2 goes live.

Hear hear. I am in the same situation as you. I didnt buy it when it came out on console as I was waiting for cheats. That video came around in June and I stupidly bought it...

I have a very real fear that they will simply not bother putting the promised 15 cheats onto console. Becausse think about it, this is a beta update atm but only for pc. So if the 15 cheats for console cause bugs, no one will know, as it is only tested for pc, which presumably is not getting those cheats as they are redundant for pc. I am becoming increasingly worried that the mentioning of cheats for console was a cash grab and I am not sure if there will be any recourse if they do not follow through with it when (if) 1.2 goes live.
Since they're located in Turkey, I'm not sure what recourse would look like. So I'll do the only thing I can, which is not give them anymore money. But if they are under the same rules and regulations in regards to false advertising, they may wanna consider removing that video from youtube. It could end being used against them.

Since they're located in Turkey, I'm not sure what recourse would look like. So I'll do the only thing I can, which is not give them anymore money. But if they are under the same rules and regulations in regards to false advertising, they may wanna consider removing that video from youtube. It could end being used against them.
And removal of said video would also be helpful to us as a shred of information so we know where TW stands despite clear lack of communication.

100%. Dude literally said "we dont communicate"....definitely a dev.
This is Google's automatic translation. In French we use the term "on" to talk about generalities, for example "quand on ne sait pas on se tait". Google translated this by "we" because it's the most similar in English, but its not the same.

Sorry to break your very toxic fantasy. Yes, there are customers who are very satisfied with what TW has produced, and some like me who are developers in real life so who know what they are talking about.

Good luck to the community managers, it must be exhausting to manage a community like this...

This is Google's automatic translation. In French we use the term "on" to talk about generalities, for example "quand on ne sait pas on se tait". Google translated this by "we" because it's the most similar in English, but its not the same.

Sorry to break your very toxic fantasy. Yes, there are customers who are very satisfied with what TW has produced, and some like me who are developers in real life so who know what they are talking about.

Good luck to the community managers, it must be exhausting to manage a community like this...
I know this sounds sarcastic but I am being serious. It is not hard to simply not reply to us. Therefore, what 'managing' is TW actually doing?

Toxic fantasy? I'll tell you what's toxic, advertising an update like its complete to sucker people into buying your halfass, incomplete product.....that's toxic.

Back
Top Bottom