Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Registered only to say that these guys above me surely don’t know the tediousness of game development and think that fixing stuff is easy and always fast.
I appreciate your work, TaleWorlds. Been following Mount&Blade franchise frome earliest beta-versions back in… was it 2005?
Thank you for your ongoing support of my favourite title.

Registered only to say that these guys above me surely don’t know the tediousness of game development and think that fixing stuff is easy and always fast.
I appreciate your work, TaleWorlds. Been following Mount&Blade franchise frome earliest beta-versions back in… was it 2005?
I want to be clear in that I don’t mind how long it takes, of course it is better if quicker but that is not my point. My point is they should just be transparent with us. It is just odd behaviour. They provide us with a forum with which to discuss these things, a forum in which they participate in! Then they act very reservedly and secretively within that forum, it is all just very strange.

I have no doubt that game development is tedious. I actually reckon it might be something even more simple, like a lot of their staff are on summer holiday!!

This is what I don’t really understand, it is so reasonable for one of the employees to come on here and say, ‘at the moment lots of our staff are on summer holiday so it is exceptionally slow going in the office so I wouldnt expect anything to even be addressed before September’.

We all work and many of us work for the conventional 9-5 office. We all know that life within that office is way more chaotic and disorganised than the customers of that company are aware of. I presume it is the same with TW and they do not want to let us know. What I am saying is why provide a forum and a way of colloquial direct contact with staff if you are going to continue to be a company that keeps its customers in the dark.

TW are very close to doing something very admirable and forward thinking - incredibly open and honest dialogue from company to consumer, but they are falling at the last hurdle, which is sad to see.

No one would be complaining if the game were still in development.

Less people would complain if TW were more active in their communication and more forthcoming about their plans, progress and overall situation of the game.

Many things in life are tedious dude. If i could just sell half baked, incomplete and broken products and get away with it and receive sympathy because my work is tedious I'd be doing this for the rest of my life. But this is not how the world works. The game has been released for a long time now and they are still working on core components. Wake up.

Last edited:
steam is all good reviews, sales are so high, if the developer is me, there is no need to discuss with you. In the face of such "rave reviews" situation, what motivation do you have to improve a game?

steam is all good reviews, sales are so high, if the developer is me, there is no need to discuss with you. In the face of such "rave reviews" situation, what motivation do you have to improve a game?

None, hence why the game is in such a sorry state.

I have a theory about the steam reviews of this game but can't be asked to expand on it rn all I'll say is that the score doesn't represent the true sentiment of those who still play and stick around beyond a certain point.

The sentiment from the comments here and on Steam do not align with the reviews and it's overall score.

It's like thinking your CS is great because they are closing tickets in record time advising people to reboot their machine but once they hung up the customer's issue persists. Their metrics is tone deaf and invalid

I like the game, I just don’t understand why TW have this ‘pseudo-close connection’ with the players. Either don’t have this forum and ‘development updates’ and operate like EA or Activision, or just be honest and open with us as consumers.

I would like to know when I might expect 1.2. I actually bought the game thinking it was 1.2 (on console and on the basis I could use cheats - for context I have played warband vanilla on PS for years. I waited to buy Bannerlord until it had cheats for console, but I was ignorant about what beta updates meant) because I am a dumb dumb who does not understand pc beta updates.

Regardless of my stupidity, the fact that TW should be more open and honest is one that still remains. If they cannot give a ballpark figure, say why.

There is an implication that there is not a ‘why’, by people defending TW. People citing ‘unknown glitches and problems’, yeah that is completely fair enough. However, TW is a respectable developer (I hope), they for sure do know exactly why they are taking however long to do anything. They will literally have a list in their office of the ‘why’ and the order in which they need to complete these actions and which ones they are prioritising.

I think its fair enough for them to let us in on the ‘why’ instead of simply ignoring us. The reason I think it’s fair enough is because TW have obviously tried to go down the route of being a developer that is close to its audience. Not in a million years would I be sat her commenting on an EA forum asking for the same thing.

I like the game, I just don’t understand why TW have this ‘pseudo-close connection’ with the players. Either don’t have this forum and ‘development updates’ and operate like EA or Activision, or just be honest and open with us as consumers.

I would like to know when I might expect 1.2. I actually bought the game thinking it was 1.2 (on console and on the basis I could use cheats - for context I have played warband vanilla on PS for years. I waited to buy Bannerlord until it had cheats for console, but I was ignorant about what beta updates meant) because I am a dumb dumb who does not understand pc beta updates.

Regardless of my stupidity, the fact that TW should be more open and honest is one that still remains. If they cannot give a ballpark figure, say why.

There is an implication that there is not a ‘why’, by people defending TW. People citing ‘unknown glitches and problems’, yeah that is completely fair enough. However, TW is a respectable developer (I hope), they for sure do know exactly why they are taking however long to do anything. They will literally have a list in their office of the ‘why’ and the order in which they need to complete these actions and which ones they are prioritising.

I think its fair enough for them to let us in on the ‘why’ instead of simply ignoring us. The reason I think it’s fair enough is because TW have obviously tried to go down the route of being a developer that is close to its audience. Not in a million years would I be sat her commenting on an EA forum asking for the same thing.
*sat here

@Macewindu16 imo, tw dont want to make a promise. They had several problems with promises in past.

They dont know if they can make it to deadlines. They dont know if feature they are working is added to game or even possiable to make it. You know feature can be fundamentally too complex or incompatible with other features.

We had several dataminers in past. TW chopped many features. Like religion, ethnic policy etc.

Rain and snow effect made long time ago. There was a mode able to enable them. But Tw waited to add them to game. probably because bugs or incomplete aspect.

But i am also want to know more about wtf happening. wtf they want to add and wtf they are going to add. I have hopes, tw will complete game in a decade.

@Macewindu16 imo, tw dont want to make a promise. They had several problems with promises in past.

They dont know if they can make it to deadlines. They dont know if feature they are working is added to game or even possiable to make it. You know feature can be fundamentally too complex or incompatible with other features.

We had several dataminers in past. TW chopped many features. Like religion, ethnic policy etc.

Rain and snow effect made long time ago. There was a mode able to enable them. But Tw waited to add them to game. probably because bugs or incomplete aspect.

But i am also want to know more about wtf happening. wtf they want to add and wtf they are going to add. I have hopes, tw will complete game in a decade.
Fair enough, I understand your frustration. Honestly as a console player I just want the update for the use of (albeit limited) cheats.

I think that dispels my fears of corrupted saves etc on a game that lets be honest, I would not be surprised if I logged on later and my save was destroyed. Without cheats I would not have the stomach to start from scratch in such a situation. That does give me a good deal of anxiety.

Justo, entendo sua frustração. Honestamente, como jogador de console, só quero a atualização para o uso de cheats (embora limitados).

Eu acho que isso dissipa meus medos de saves corrompidos, etc. em um jogo que vamos ser honestos, eu não ficaria surpreso se eu me conectasse mais tarde e meu save fosse destruído. Sem cheats, eu não teria estômago para começar do zero em tal situação. Isso me dá uma boa dose de ansiedade.
You were precise in your words and yes it seems that the use of cheats is limited, unfortunately but I hope they improve later.

Kingdom destruction: May I suggest you don't kill off clans when they lose the kingdom, but make them neutral, so they are recruitable in the future.

Kingdom destruction: May I suggest you don't kill off clans when they lose the kingdom, but make them neutral, so they are recruitable in the future.
This could be a good idea but 2 things to consider.
1 For the Devs: Currently the Player faction CANNOT attempt to recruit neutral or unaligned Clans, so having neutral/rouge clans persist is a step backwards and waiting for them to join another faction just to attempt to recruit them is silly.
2 For players: Making your own clans from wanderers is more then enough and you are only limited by your speed in taking fiefs and gaining 500 influence. Often you will not find enough wanderers to even keep up with your expansion. Taking a break from sieges to go looking for a neutral lord would be loss in progress, while an entire batch of clans being removed from the game when deprived of fiefs/faction is huge swing in your favor. In short, the clans being removed is much more of an advantage then possible future recruits.

A good idea if they keep the clans around would be to have them ask to join the player faction or go to the players court, like in warband.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom