Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

That is being investigated as a separate issue.
It might be good to have toggle for allowing or preventing your clan parties from donating to the garrison as in many cases it's faster to just do it yourself because AI does not consider what troops it puts in EX putting mounted units when there are non-mounted units to donate that are better suited for a garrison.

Another thing I noticed and its annoying as hell. I put a captain in command of formation. He has a right banner, specialized skills. And another captain to another formation. I participate in a battle where pre-battle customization is not shown, and i see all my formations led by all different (random?) companions or maybe some relatives kept in the party.
p.s. okay, some relatives/companions coming to party due to clan-parties management are often (yet) unassigned to units they go (as soldiers, not commanders). funny thing is, when the pre-battle menu is available, all captains are in their places. so in order to get in some serious fight I have first to attack some random enemy to get the pre-battle menu, assign heroes as troops (maybe its unnassigned ones who prevent proper captains to be set up), and only then participate in some battle that matters.
p.s. no, unassigned heroes are not the issue.
just got everything set up, joined a battle, saw my archer captain leading infantry, and infantry captain leading archers.
good ****ing job!

Last edited:
Another thing I noticed and its annoying as hell. I put a captain in command of formation. He has a right banner, specialized skills. And another captain to another formation. I participate in a battle where pre-battle customization is not shown, and i see all my formations led by all different (random?) companions or maybe some relatives kept in the party.
p.s. okay, some relatives/companions coming to party due to clan-parties management are often (yet) unassigned to units they go (as soldiers, not commanders). funny thing is, when the pre-battle menu is available, all captains are in their places. so in order to get in some serious fight I have first to attack some random enemy to get the pre-battle menu, assign heroes as troops (maybe its unnassigned ones who prevent proper captains to be set up), and only then participate in some battle that matters.
p.s. no, unassigned heroes are not the issue.
just got everything set up, joined a battle, saw my archer captain leading infantry, and infantry captain leading archers.
good ****ing job!
If you join an battle already started you don't get pre-deployment screen, not sure if they intend on changing this, they might think it's a great immersive improvement since it wasn't like that some versions ago.

Oh no… Finally we have a decent AI now for melee combats and people start complaining because “it is too hard”. C’mon… I am having 0 issues and the game is still pretty much doable in the hardest difficulty, even against dudes with +200 weapon skill (even when I am a mediocre player).

(The video was in hardest difficulty settings, I was trying to find the difficulty setting in the last part of the video but I was not able to find it xD).

Devs, please ignore people complaining about the AI blocks too much, it is finally competitive. If for some reason you want to nerf the AI, just add a difficulty setting for making the AI dumber for those players who want to wreck the AI easily. Please do not nerf the AI.

Here you have another video where my tier3 troops cleared the hideout without by themselves.

see ya missed the point, as I never talked about 1 v 1 skills. The difficulty was ramped for all settings and just because you fight a certain way doesn't mean everyone does that is why it should be customizable. So since you didn't follow the first, I simply asked why was the block chance massively increased over "All" difficulties. no one said nerf them. Seems you have a hard time following English. I'll speak slower...Why was the hit chance increased massively over all levels instead of just tramping it up by increasing the difficulty so people CAN choose what suits their style. I know all you care about is yourself and love your settings, I am trying to speak for everyone and give them options to choose, not take away your fun but promote for all.

see ya missed the point, as I never talked about 1 v 1 skills. The difficulty was ramped for all settings and just because you fight a certain way doesn't mean everyone does that is why it should be customizable. So since you didn't follow the first, I simply asked why was the block chance massively increased over "All" difficulties. no one said nerf them. Seems you have a hard time following English. I'll speak slower...Why was the hit chance increased massively over all levels instead of just tramping it up by increasing the difficulty so people CAN choose what suits their style. I know all you care about is yourself and love your settings, I am trying to speak for everyone and give them options to choose, not take away your fun but promote for all.
Ok, thanks for “speaking slower”. You are certainly hard to read/understand for me. I get your point now.

I still do not get how you lost that combat on easiest settings. You were probably overreacting as usual when you complain about something.

Last edited:
any idea why the block chance of the AI was "massively" increased. This effects combat, for example after failing a bunch I ran a test. a Khuzait bandit base, I had myself and 9 tier 3 aserai footman vs their boss and 6 bandits, I turned the dmg received for me and friendly units to very easy, the lowest and we wiped 3 times against the boss, with all settings on the easiest, does that sound right?
Most likely some troops just have more advantageous load out now that they can more accurately block/swing, even with reduced damage if they can just keep blocking they can come out ahead. That is odd if combat difficulty didn't slow them down, but I've often that setting didn't actually do anything in the past.

Most likely some troops just have more advantageous load out now that they can more accurately block/swing, even with reduced damage if they can just keep blocking they can come out ahead. That is odd if combat difficulty didn't slow them down, but I've often that setting didn't actually do anything in the past.

If decreasing AI difficulty would reduce the AI blocking chance, it would probably affect friendly troops too.To be honest, the whole point about “hidedouts are now too hard” and the idea about devs should spend time making the worse at blocking in lower difficulty settings for that reason, sounds pretty much weird to me. Especially when it is still possible to send 9 of most +tier3 units to clear any hideouts without the player’s help, and just getting few losses.

Maybe it is something related to Aserai Footman underperforming, who knows…

If you join an battle already started you don't get pre-deployment screen, not sure if they intend on changing this, they might think it's a great immersive improvement since it wasn't like that some versions ago.
my complaint is not about absence of pre-deployment screen, its about captains being scattered without it.

Hotfix has broken how inquiries are displayed one after another and broken my mod... if you're wondering why your modding scene is dead it's probably stuff like this.

my complaint is not about absence of pre-deployment screen, its about captains being scattered without it.
It's really f****ing annoying to join a battle with 5 villagers and have all my horse archer companions in the wrong groups, and tactics muscle memory rendered useless.

It might be good to have toggle for allowing or preventing your clan parties from donating to the garrison as in many cases it's faster to just do it yourself because AI does not consider what troops it puts in EX putting mounted units when there are non-mounted units to donate that are better suited for a garrison.
Yes please. Nothing worse than trying to maintain 4 companion parties and their troops when they donate so many troops every time you capture a fief, when I'd rather donate the troops in my own party instead.

Back
Top Bottom