Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

This might be a bug, care to elaborate a bit on how, when, and what exactly is this happening?

It's been posted about in the bug section several times.. The response always been it work as intended. Apparently when you are joining a fight as a 3rd party or any fight where you are not the one that initiate the fight. You are not supposed to have formations you want. You are not supposed to have captains you want, and banners doesn't mean anything.. That it worked before (like after captains and banners was introduced) apparently doesn't mean anything at all.

Changed the static colors of cloth located on 61 armor pieces to heraldic colors (the used color now depends on the faction color).
giphy.gif

You have made a crime with certain modifications.... more teletuby effect...:facepalm:

I think it's fine that you applied a team colour layer to the sturgian winingas or to the catafract's googled helmet plumes... but in others it wasn't necessary at all... that red cape with battanian tartan, why? ... the leather trimming of the brass lamellar torso, why? the braid of the sturgian helmet, why?...
Anyway, I won't go on...

This might be a bug, care to elaborate a bit on how, when, and what exactly is this happening?
I set me wanderers are captains melee , ranged and Cav. I have 2 separate melee units and 2 separate ranged units 1 for experienced units and the other for low experienced units. My 5 captains. But when i join and Army the A.I assigns the captains and i choose one for my player. But this alters my set up when i go back to fighting on my own my captains at times are in the wrong units so the perks are not in the right place. I have to set it up again . Its not a big deal but i would like to lock there positions. So in the fights were there is no set up they are in the right places.

They may have improved the agent's AI, but the campaign AI remain dreadful, it almost feels worse than I remembered it.
It was deliberately made dumber, so that there was a "frontline" for players to concentrate on. It also contributes to the swapping back and forth; it was an issue before but the AI was capable previously of sometimes picking a different target. But now, with the settlement FoW in place, they virtually never do.

Did some of you also encounter a problem with the stash after you toke over a rebel town in Beta 1.2.1?
Its a new campaign and i had the opportunity to get lageta from the lageta rebels but i only see the menu entries for "visiting the hall", "go to the dungeon", "manage the garrison" and "back to the city". (hope they are the right options, i play in german :smile:)

"open stash" is missing. Someone has an idea? A search in the support forum only showed a similar bug ages ago which was fixed back then...

giphy.gif

You have made a crime with certain modifications.... more teletuby effect...:facepalm:

I think it's fine that you applied a team colour layer to the sturgian winingas or to the catafract's googled helmet plumes... but in others it wasn't necessary at all... that red cape with battanian tartan, why? ... the leather trimming of the brass lamellar torso, why? the braid of the sturgian helmet, why?...
Anyway, I won't go on...
The return of the king, a sad return though

It was deliberately made dumber, so that there was a "frontline" for players to concentrate on. It also contributes to the swapping back and forth; it was an issue before but the AI was capable previously of sometimes picking a different target. But now, with the settlement FoW in place, they virtually never do.
I've had the opposite issue - I've had the AI declare war on other kingdoms half a map away with at least one faction in-between, case in point Southern Empire (sitting roughly with it's starting holdings) declaring war on Battania, who's closest fief was Gersegos castle. Admittedly they were the weakest faction at the time, and I suspect the castle was suffering from the bug of conquering armies not leaving a garrison. but it's still crazy as the distances to the core fiefs is such that even if the Southern Empire gets the castle, they'll never hold it, or their armies are badly out of position to defend the core fiefs.

On that, the calculations for army actions seems pretty odd at times - I've lost count of the number of times I've seen large armies completely ignore the siege of one of their own towns (where they outnumbered the sieging army) to march off to capture some castle half a map away (congratulations AI you just traded a key town for a castle you're not going to manage to keep anyway?). Either that or a 1000 strong army marching to relieve a siege gets distracted by the single 50 strong enemy party that it will never catch, and chases it for the next 3-4 days. Was the AI tweaked in 1.2 as I don't recall it being this myopic before?

is it intended that if you release a wanderer via "i do not need your skills anymore" that they disappear ?

also a 2 partyleaders quit my service cause i showed mercy to towns and they were cruel
they also vanished and got greyed out

is it intended that if you release a wanderer via "i do not need your skills anymore" that they disappear ?

also a 2 partyleaders quit my service cause i showed mercy to towns and they were cruel
they also vanished and got greyed out

Wanderers take off when you dismiss them. You can't rehire them later.

Never mix parties in an army where some party leaders got cruel and other got mercy traits. If you capture a fief and select mercy, you will loose a lot of standing with the ones having cruel traits. (and the other way around if you choose pillage option). Standing drop to low and they will dislike you and leave. There is no easy way to gain standing with a companion, you can sort of fix it with other clan characters though.

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds overall good patch, but i gotta ask any plans for some court intrigue and random events popping up while in a city, castle, village and while traveling? Because right now there is nothing to do in peace time except for tournaments, killing small patches of bandits and trying to find some lord in prison to break out. In other words nothing to do in peace time it's boring and dull.
@Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan so I'm guessing nothing of the sorts is planned ? I'd like you to think on it, because if you kee playing the game you will notice the game is really repetitive and grindy, and during peacetime the game offers almost 0 variety.

They've never answered to this matter ever and I don't think they will

Devs kinda in the you are damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. You can say you are working on something for the future with raise expectations that come back and bite you in the bum later when people not getting it exactly as they want. They can just say no and let people down right off the bat. Or, sometimes its better to not say anything at all..

Back
Top Bottom