Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

What is this new watchdog/watchdog.exe that has been added in 1.2.0? I've seen it mentioned in a few places but can't find information about what it is or what it's doing. Why is there no mention of it in the patch notes?

it seems like the watchdog.exe gets activated as soon as the game crashes/stops. my game stopped several times and instead of a crash message the watchdog.exe showed up in the task manager, but not as a window. after i executed the watchdog manually it showed me an error window showing some strings and "memory full" as message.

beta da single player oynarken bugün tekrar girmek istedim ancak kayıt dosyam yüklenirken hata oluştu hatası veriyor nasıl çözücemi bilemiyorum 1.2.0 da da oynadım dün 1.2.1 de de oynadım yardım edebilir misiniz

@Duh_TaleWorlds Sorry for bothering, but lots of errors in modding kit, first a shader error then followed by a crash.
in the launcher it displays v1.1.5.21456
Will check if it broke my game again

Edit: Yep, game broken.. haha 😅

Edit2: Nevermind, didn't notice that it had it sepparate beta, now it's matched in versions and working. my bad

Last edited:
It seems like TW doesn't want you to use formation setup, captains and banners when you are not the one that initiate a fight, go figure...
This is so confusing it becomes fun. It would have been completely understandable if it was in an ambush function.

Peacetime doesn't seem to lasting very long as anyone else noticed this. Just a few days between wars. I am in late game and two kingdoms destroyed. Constant war is very annoying.

Wanderer Changes
  • Balanced the variety of wanderer types by adding small amounts of non-combat skills to one-dimensional wanderers or by changing the over-used types like Scouting.
  • Reworked combat skills of some wanderer types that had multiple high redundant combat skills. This lowers their levels, making it easier to develop your companions as desired.
The lower level companions are a step in the right direction and I like that change, but I'd like to submit the opinion that every companion having 3,3,3,3,3,3 stats, kind of sucks compared to before. While it encouraged a bit of reloading, you could find companions with 5 in their primary stat, also level 12 companions have 18 stat pool, but a level 12 companion should have 21 stats. Noble children seem to start with 25 as a rule, the first gen player character starts with 18, and the player characters brother starts at a pretty high level and hes missing 5 indicating he only started with 13 rather than the default 18.

I sought to bypass this problem entirely before the 1.2.0 update and "simulated" a character I'd like to recruit by just starting a new game and making one with the appropriate culture and then choosing a background that character would have had. Then used the character manager mod to import that character into a new game with me, and I gotta say, it improved both the fun and RP element of the game starting with a nobody like me, this character was:
1: Mine
2: Had a backstory
3: Way faster to level and skill up to a usable level
4. Had substantially more potential than a wanderer
5. More Fun

Companions have never quite fit the bill since the games inception. I'd almost rather go to a village and take on a village boy/girl as my squire/ward and have them start at level 1, than have one at 12-24 who will never quite live up to the need I have for them.

Just a thought

Last edited:
The lower level companions are a step in the right direction and I like that change, but I'd like to submit the opinion that every companion having 3,3,3,3,3,3 stats, kind of sucks compared to before. While it encouraged a bit of reloading, you could find companions with 5 in their primary stat, also level 12 companions have 18 stat pool, but a level 12 companion should have 21 stats. Noble children seem to start with 25 as a rule, the first gen player character starts with 18, and the player characters brother starts at a pretty high level and hes missing 5 indicating he only started with 13 rather than the default 18.
One thing I would like is for companions to come with 1/3 of their cumulative focus and attribute points unspent. So as a simple example, a newly hired lvl 12 companion should come with 4 focus and 1 attribute point unspent. This would improve companion viability while at the same time not making them not too min-maxy.

Companions' point distribution should be improved as well of course and should be made more specialized rather than being generalist.

Companions have never quite fit the bill since the games inception. I'd almost rather go to a village and take on a village boy/girl as my squire/ward and have them start at level 1, than have one at 12-24 who will never quite live up to the need I have for them.
The adoption mod is gold!

Peacetime doesn't seem to lasting very long as anyone else noticed this. Just a few days between wars. I am in late game and two kingdoms destroyed. Constant war is very annoying.
That's been something that I noticed prior to this patch as well. Sometimes there will be constant wars, or dog pile wars where someone is at war and then suddenly everyone is declaring war. The other thing I've experienced is the Khuzait declaring war on the Vlandians and the two don't even border each other.

So far with the current patch the only things I've noticed (I haven't really been one to play betas before now) is that sometimes I get a graphical issue where when I'm in the campaign map I'll get this flashing effect. This was prior to the most recent hotfix so I don't know if it got fixed or not and I'm not sure how to describe it. It's similar to when a graphics card can't handle it so you get a blinking effect. The other thing I've experienced is a pop up saying there was some error and asking if I want to send a report. It'll happen even if I only opened it to the menu and the close the game without actually playing.

EDIT: I'm running with a high end TI graphics card it's 1 model below the most current graphics card.

Last edited:
So far with the current patch the only things I've noticed (I haven't really been one to play betas before now) is that sometimes I get a graphical issue where when I'm in the campaign map I'll get this flashing effect.
dunno from your description if its the same i had
but
enabeling V-Sync fixed my problem that looks very similar

Edit:
about wars:
yes i noticed this too
iE: Rhageha(sp) had 2 wars in which she did ok but in no way good and she decleared war on the largest power ..
and what i noticed
she gave me nearly every effing castle ot town she conquered
i did hold Razih and Hubyar and 4 castles around there and
she gave me Sanopea and Lageta

edit 2 i was married with Ira maybe that was part of her favoring me =)
but i doubt that

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed starving garrisons. Just did a quick run-through when all my personal troops starved, we have 13 cities and 19 castles, 8 castles are starving, 4 castles only have 1 extra food production, 2 towns have a starving garrison. The cities and castles the furthest from the border seem to be the most likely to be starving. I though maybe prosperity had gotten out of hand and while that is a factor, my castle is starving at 2200 prosperity yet our worst castle is starving at 455 prosperity. :\

Also this was a problem before, with settlements, then armies, then too much food, then lack of variety. I wish as a cheap work around my town can eat from stash, especially castle who have no market. Having 9 castles with 0 possible garrison in a wealthy area seems, like a bug, not a feature.

Something very weird going on with the "promises" perk in Roguery. I have like 230 units in party, with 10-20 or so bandits and now I never run out of food, actually my entire party is not consuming any food what so ever.

That's been something that I noticed prior to this patch as well. Sometimes there will be constant wars, or dog pile wars where someone is at war and then suddenly everyone is declaring war. The other thing I've experienced is the Khuzait declaring war on the Vlandians and the two don't even border each other.

So far with the current patch the only things I've noticed (I haven't really been one to play betas before now) is that sometimes I get a graphical issue where when I'm in the campaign map I'll get this flashing effect. This was prior to the most recent hotfix so I don't know if it got fixed or not and I'm not sure how to describe it. It's similar to when a graphics card can't handle it so you get a blinking effect. The other thing I've experienced is a pop up saying there was some error and asking if I want to send a report. It'll happen even if I only opened it to the menu and the close the game without actually playing.

EDIT: I'm running with a high end TI graphics card it's 1 model below the most current graphics card.
Your graphics card is better than mine . So your ok their , the only graphic issue i had was the blue floor in cities but the fix as sorted it. The wars i am getting are constant i get like one days peace if i am lucky. The longest war i have had war 121 days and as soon as peace war declared we end up going to war again with out factions. Its annoying. My character is 76 years old have TW lowered the chance of death by age everyone seems to be living longer . Its spoils the game a bit. Death in battle is rare too. I haven't played a long campaign in a wile and this is a let down. The patch is great but Age and death seems to extended and death chance almost no existent. Catering to the immortal god kill machine players.

I am hoping the next update is improved roleplay aspects because i have run into bannerlord combat fatigue again pretty much even campaign. peace time needs more interaction. Tournament improvements would be good , Ranged Tournament's , melee foot, melee mounted. Feasts for role play and hunts (just use the bandit lair add pigs who ever kills most wins= social boost) . Rivalries TW(go play the cunning mod) proper friends and enemies . Better dialogue. Let use by gifts for people ,Statues, Silks, ect there in the game. TW Just do something please.

Back
Top Bottom