Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

So custom battles straight up don't work
They work fine for me - do you have any mods installed? If not, maybe try to validate game files?

It seems that the tier 4 Vlandian Swordsmen now have some very weak helmets, which are fairly significant downgrades from the previous tier 3 infantry. I'm not sure if their equipment list changed, or if some items themselves were altered, but I don't recall them having such poor head armor in the past. (In my opinion, one of the Battanian Oathsworn helmets also needs an upgrade, but that's not a new "issue.")

I'm also not able to get any cavalry to perform a couched lance charge in custom battles (haven't tried in campaign/sandbox yet). Sometimes individual soldiers will couch their lances as they cycle through their charges beyond the very first one, but that's about it. Even charging into the rear of engaged infantry with something like Vlandian Banner Knights doesn't result in a couched lance charge.

On a big positive note, it does seem as though infantry fights last a bit longer than before, allowing more time for flanking maneuvers (including with foot skirmishers, which used to be really difficult to do fast enough for it to matter).

I seem to have encountered a bug where some of the new companions dont show up for selection for party roles, and my game wont remember that people are in roles but I havn't found what triggers that yet, gonna investigate more before I submit a report.

The formation targeting is extremely fluid and fun as hell in huge army battles btw.

I get the quest notifiction. Can´t get rid of it sometimes. Tryed a campaign. Sandbox when mods catch up.

This patch is huge, and a big step in the right direction! Not to jynx it but the hype has been officially reignited.
Yeah woooo the hype!!! ....now all the game needs are little things like :

1) Diplomacy
2) A real end game
3) RPG features to give it some kind of soul

Functioning combat is nice. But it's years overdue. Let's see if TW can actually make a proper game now out of this skeleton. I'm not convinced yet.

This update is like putting the engine in the car. But there's still no gears, brakes, roof, doors or seats.

Last edited:

1) Diplomacy
2) A real end game
3) RPG features to give it a soul

Yay for the hype.

Ya know it really doesnt take much -even a skeletal system of an RPG can go a long way into creating some emotional stakes immersion. Like ive never even made it to owning more than a fief in Vanilla because i can see how bland it is -diplomacy wise. Frankly I need more drama and hatred. Even at the lowest most base level ie Game note popup "Lord Delinard now HATES You!" -would keep me engaged for a few weeks IRL time just to mess with the guy. Im currently playing ROT mod (GoT mod) and even without really any advanced RPG or Kingdom stuff except Non-Stop war, i know enough of the Lore to enjoy messing with certain characters.

Im thinking even a pretty low level AI program could invent some Royal dramas and hatreds that reacts dynamically off both the player and other AI personality likelihoods. Maybe Bloc will include something like this in his ChatAI project

Ya know it really doesnt take much -even a skeletal system of an RPG can go a long way into creating some emotional stakes immersion. Like ive never even made it to owning more than a fief in Vanilla because i can see how bland it is -diplomacy wise. Frankly I need more drama and hatred. Even at the lowest most base level ie Game note popup "Lord Delinard now HATES You!" -would keep me engaged for a few weeks IRL time just to mess with the guy. Im currently playing ROT mod (GoT mod) and even without really any advanced RPG or Kingdom stuff except Non-Stop war, i know enough of the Lore to enjoy messing with certain characters.

Im thinking even a pretty low level AI program could invent some Royal dramas and hatreds that reacts dynamically off both the player and other AI personality likelihoods. Maybe Bloc will include something like this in his ChatAI project
Yes, exactly. Well said + agreed.

im literally going to have to do a new playthrough with an intelligence build. This assignee is bug is pretty consistent and irritating :/

just somethings i noticed while playing the patch (i'm sure most of this has already been reported). custom battles don't work. at the beginning of tournament battles the ai is bugged out for longer then on previous versions (when on horse i could get to them before they started moving) . the number of bandit parties in some parts of the map are insane and might be the reason that loading into the campaign map seems to be a little bit slower. after a siege I manged to get 100 denars for 1 grain ( i know the prizes should be much higher but this seems a bit excessive). When crafting orders the client doesn't seem to look at the weapon with the tier bonus (this might just be me tough). that was about it haven't gotten too far into the campaign yet but these are some things i noticed but that doesn't mean i don't love this update. Thank you for keeping up the great work, love u guys.

Frankly I need more drama and hatred. Even at the lowest most base level ie Game note popup "Lord Delinard now HATES You!" -would keep me engaged for a few weeks IRL time just to mess with the guy. Im currently playing ROT mod (GoT mod) and even without really any advanced RPG or Kingdom stuff except Non-Stop war, i know enough of the Lore to enjoy messing with certain characters.

have you checked out the new assassination mod by artem?

it looks pretty sick

Really like the AI changes. The arena is now much more challenging because the AI will almost always block your attacks. You can't just mindlessly spam left-click anymore. You got to be strategic, timing your blocks and strikes perfectly.

The biggest problem is the archers who can't target without getting too dangerously close...

To correct this problem, in my opinion, the easiest and fastest way is to add a condition to your current loop, if(type=archer){movement=0}. Because in the state the system is much too dangerous and therefore not very useful to archers...

Otherwise the cleanest thing would be to do exactly as you did but with the order "Hold position" this time. We would thus have the possibility of offensive AND defensive targeting in the game, thus giving the possibility to one of our formations to never turn their backs on a dangerous enemy by constantly targeting them, without losing our positions. Example if we target: do not move and hold the position against this enemy. If we're not targeting, hold your position here. It would remain simple and intuitive for the players. And then it would not only be used for archers, it would also be a very precious defense tool for infantry, both shields (mounted archery) and spears (cavalry charges)

1) Diplomacy
2) A real end game
3) RPG features to give it some kind of soul

Functioning combat is nice. But it's years overdue. Let's see if TW can actually make a proper game now out of this skeleton. I'm not convinced yet.

This update is like putting the engine in the car. But there's still no gears, brakes, roof, doors or seats.
I look at it at a lot less pessimistic angle - they fixed a number of the players' biggest gripes in one single patch, not to mention how AI battle actually looks pretty sick now.

That means that they do, in fact, have at least a couple of ears on this community, contrary to some beliefs here.

Overdue? Probably - better late then never. Skeleton? Unlikely now, especially with the way it is now heading.

I thoroughly enjoyed Warband even without it having all those points you mentioned, let alone without having in-game children, having companions or you main character die etc.

Having said that, i understand we all have higher expectations for the potential of this game than the previous ones, but this patch makes the expectations valid now.

anyone else getting a bug where it constantly kicks your companions out of their party roles ? this is really annoying
Yeah I've reported it, seems to be related to companions or you being knocked out *mostly* though there's other triggers I can't figure out
I can't seem to nail this one down either, at first I thought it had to do with changing party composition but I cant reproduce it reliably, I can make it happen several times in the span of a few mins but not trigger it specifically. If Helm has a bug report on the forum I'll go +1 it

I look at it at a lot less pessimistic angle - they fixed a number of the players' biggest gripes in one single patch, not to mention how AI battle actually looks pretty sick now.

That means that they do, in fact, have at least a couple of ears on this community, contrary to some beliefs here.

Overdue? Probably - better late then never. Skeleton? Unlikely now, especially with the way it is now heading.

I thoroughly enjoyed Warband even without it having all those points you mentioned, let alone without having in-game children, having companions or you main character die etc.

Having said that, i understand we all have higher expectations for the potential of this game than the previous ones, but this patch makes the expectations valid now.
Yeah in a certain way I feel the same. I can even forsee in a future having RPG mechanics, better dialogue and more diplomacy. It seems like they're focusing on filling some blanks, and despite I wasn't really amused by the formation focused, I have to say I was wrong, it is good news they're taking ideas from Warband mods. I didn't realize it but the retirement place could be a sign that they're going to add interesting locations/places for the player to visit like Viking Conquest. If they keep updating the game, even if they take a few years I can see this game getting better. I guess we can just play other things.

Multiplayer is still a disaster and I don't think it will improve at all lol

• Fiefless Kingdom Destruction
    • Kingdoms that lose all of their fiefs no longer linger around. Instead, they get destroyed.
    • The kingdom’s clans become independent, inheriting its diplomatic stances and relations. Over time, they can join available kingdoms or wither away if they fail to do so for more than four weeks.
Would add for some interesting gameplay if some of the clans that become independent ended up turning into looter or a new form of deserter clan.

Back
Top Bottom