Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

First, the assumption that most players already bought . That´s very unlikely and if it would, that would be really bad for TW. Second, adding the slider back after they had no probs for almost a year with it. TW clearly tries to aim for consols as customers in addition, so they won´t change it back. Unfortunate, but in the end it´s a company that tries to make money. And third and last, devs wouldn´t listen to the player base. they clearly do, but the devs are not the ones that have the final word. That´s up to the management. And if they don´t like the suggestions, be it from players or devs, it won´t be realized. That does ofc not mean we shouldn´t try or stop being vocal about what we like or don´t like. but getting angry at the devs is mostly not helpful.

as far as I know he didn't go so far as to insult them.
if saying things that go against the current development of the game is wrong, then you just want it to close your eyes and say it's good, even if it's not for him.
clearly nobody wins by doing that

First, the assumption that most players already bought . That´s very unlikely and if it would, that would be really bad for TW. Second, adding the slider back after they had no probs for almost a year with it. TW clearly tries to aim for consols as customers in addition, so they won´t change it back. Unfortunate, but in the end it´s a company that tries to make money. And third and last, devs wouldn´t listen to the player base. they clearly do, but the devs are not the ones that have the final word. That´s up to the management. And if they don´t like the suggestions, be it from players or devs, it won´t be realized. That does ofc not mean we shouldn´t try or stop being vocal about what we like or don´t like. but getting angry at the devs is mostly not helpful.

They sold like 5+ million copies of this game. You can't milk more than that out of this game, even with consoles.
Lets be honest, main fan base are not console peasants, but PC players.

Wisest business model would be releasing constant stream of good quality DLCs for existing customer base and upping the quality of the game.
That's revenue for years. And you can do that without supporting 3 versions of a game (pc, xbox and ps5).

Pissing off PC base (and using them to test the game for free) in order to release to console gamers is a fantasy. Console crowd just isn't into these type of games. Will sell max 10-15% of what they sold to PC gamers. Mark my words.

They sold like 5+ million copies of this game. You can't milk more than that out of this game, even with consoles.
Lets be honest, main fan base are not console peasants, but PC players.

Wisest business model would be releasing constant stream of good quality DLCs for existing customer base and upping the quality of the game.
That's revenue for years. And you can do that without supporting 3 versions of a game (pc, xbox and ps5).

Pissing off PC base (and using them to test the game for free) in order to release to console gamers is a fantasy. Console crowd just isn't into these type of games. Will sell max 10-15% of what they sold to PC gamers. Mark my words.
Oh so agree I for one would buy all the DLC`s. Do not see this as a console game. We do not want a dumbed down version but a much more in depth one.

Game depth and mods is what made this franchise. Right now, people are so pissed is because Bannerlord, while pretty and adding several QoL improvements as well as introducing new concepts, currently has a very shallow veneer hiding not much depth.

There are many concepts that are missing from the original and many of the concepts are in are incomplete or just not very good. The problem is that it has taken us almost a year to get a complete perk tree and components like sieges, of all things, are completely broken.

Anyway, I hope they're not aiming for a more-shallow console experience. It would suck.

Game depth and mods is what made this franchise. Right now, people are so pissed is because Bannerlord, while pretty and adding several QoL improvements as well as introducing new concepts, currently has a very shallow veneer hiding not much depth.

There are many concepts that are missing from the original and many of the concepts are in are incomplete or just not very good. The problem is that it has taken us almost a year to get a complete perk tree and components like sieges, of all things, are completely broken.

Anyway, I hope they're not aiming for a more-shallow console experience. It would suck.
Problem is and always is freaking management. I see a few devs here maybe they should talk with management and tell them we have no interest in a dumbed down version cuz of consoles.

Problem is and always is freaking management. I see a few devs here maybe they should talk with management and tell them we have no interest in a dumbed down version cuz of consoles.
I know that management doesn't listen to the devs, there is a terrible chain of command and a lot of things devs want to do they get overridden on, it's sad but that is TW today

I know that management doesn't listen to the devs, there is a terrible chain of command and a lot of things devs want to do they get overridden on, it's sad but that is TW today
Yes they are pissing people off but do not seem to care.

As I have said, TW miss make a good game, modders will make it amazing and I believe that is what TW will do, give us a good vanilla game and watch the modders d the real work/
Modders will make it better, but they can't make it better than what TW allows them to do by putting limits on the game.

Frankly, it is disgusting the way they are developing the game to fit consoles rather than making PC version the best it can be, and then limiting the game for consoles as a separate version down the line.

Yes they are pissing people off but do not seem to care.
Modders will make it better, but they can't make it better than what TW allows them to do by putting limits on the game.

Frankly, it is disgusting the way they are developing the game to fit consoles rather than making PC version the best it can be, and then limiting the game for consoles as a separate version down the line.
Well, TBF most PC players already bought it so what r we gonna do? If they want more players they gotta go to consoles!
I mean I was really trying to plug a mouse into my PS4 for warband but you can't do it. It could have console players but the people who like this kind of game still want all the PC depth and options as PC players.

I am frustrated as hell. Have just recently came back to Bannerlord (wasn't around since 1.5.1ish) and what is see in 1.5.8 is a mess i did not expect. I now check the forum every 2 minutes waiting for at least a comment from the dev team about hotfix release. Will it be today, tomorrow or in a week ? All in all - that hurts ;p

But.. knowing all that i'll still say something rather unpopular - we need those devs as much as we need their bosses to finalize the Bannerlord project.Why ? Devs are outnumbered and someone has to be in charge and point short term goals if the big one is to be met. First things first, step by step, this kind of stuff... We don't know how it works there. If their management is right or not. Devs are cool guys who usually speak the very same language as players but are they able to deliver all we want and on time ? They need their bad cops same way as we do.

Mine keeps losing graphical detail, while the stable game is fine.

That feature after capture is a bit silly. Wreck and alienate a captured town for the price of a cheap sword in loot.

Mine keeps losing graphical detail, while the stable game is fine.

That feature after capture is a bit silly. Wreck and alienate a captured town for the price of a cheap sword in loot.
It's a confirmed bug, the reward is supposed to be upto 10k-15k depending on prosperity, army size etc.

I have this recurring dream of late, that Mexxico convinces the best devs at TW to leave and form their own Game Studio and give TW something they never had: competition.

...does Kickstarter have a Wishlist?

as far as I know he didn't go so far as to insult them.
if saying things that go against the current development of the game is wrong, then you just want it to close your eyes and say it's good, even if it's not for him.
clearly nobody wins by doing that
pls read my text. I said nothing about insulting or disencourage to be vocal about issues. quite the opposit. All I did was saying that he is barking at the wrong tree.

Back
Top Bottom