Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

They sold like 5+ million copies of this game. You can't milk more than that out of this game, even with consoles.
Lets be honest, main fan base are not console peasants, but PC players.

Wisest business model would be releasing constant stream of good quality DLCs for existing customer base and upping the quality of the game.
That's revenue for years. And you can do that without supporting 3 versions of a game (pc, xbox and ps5).

Pissing off PC base (and using them to test the game for free) in order to release to console gamers is a fantasy. Console crowd just isn't into these type of games. Will sell max 10-15% of what they sold to PC gamers. Mark my words.
maybe you are right, but the management seem to think different about it. and none of us can change that. I´m not saying it is a good thng. I play on pc myself and prefer it that way, but getting mad about decisions a that are out of control of player or devs is just pointless. as sad as it is. I prefer to focus on things that have at least a small chance of getting changed.

maybe you are right, but the management seem to think different about it. and none of us can change that. I´m not saying it is a good thng. I play on pc myself and prefer it that way, but getting mad about decisions a that are out of control of player or devs is just pointless. as sad as it is. I prefer to focus on things that have at least a small chance of getting changed.

it's true, if the management of Taleworlds prefers not to listen to the community, they are within their rights. But we are on a forum, talking about the game and its problems is the reason for its existence

I think this lost track. My original post was to a guy who got mad about a marketing decision. And my point is that this is a waste of time. In the same way you can get mad about rain. Even if you prefer sunshine it won´t change the weather and getting mad about it makes no sense to me.
Talking about UI changes even game mechanics, sure. if you have good ideas they might change things. I´m all in for that. But yelling at the devs about decisions they have no influence about themself is just pointless. But if you like to, go ahead. not like i could stop you :smile:

I have this recurring dream of late, that Mexxico convinces the best devs at TW to leave and form their own Game Studio and give TW something they never had: competition.

...does Kickstarter have a Wishlist?
+1. I really hope a btc billionaire funds the development.

For what I saw till now this game have many mods capabilities, since the map to any unit everything is moddable, so this is the future of the game, if they want dumb down the game aiming the console players, at least they let the PC players with all the tools to make a great game.

Last edited:
I am going to report this here because I do not know where to put it. In Beta 1.5.8 I have run into two glitches. One is where myself, companions, and lords that are wearing any furry type armor (wolf headdress and bear skin) become a huge furball and cannot be seen. The second glitch is all unit and notable images just load forever, this also applies to random items in the inventory.

For what I saw till now this game have many mods capabilities, since the map to any unit everything is moddable, so this is the future of the game, if they want dumb down the game aiming the console players, at least they let the PC players with all the tools to make a great game.
Seems a lot harder to use mods than other games. Everything seems to require butterlib and harmony, which don't really do anything on their own, this just adds layers of potential things that can go wrong. My only experience trying to play a modded game very little was actually changed but it still made the game totally unstable.

Yeah but if they want to be as successful with the next game, they can't blow up the existing community, which is exactly what they are doing.
Plus if the community is unhappy with the product, they won't be selling many DLCs, or I certainly wouldn't in the condition the game is right now.
Between what was promised, what has been delivered, and how, I have been disappointed to say the least.
I still find quite hard to understand how you can start from a solid base (Warband + VC) and deliver what we have in our hands right now after the amount of years that have passed.
A shame, possibly one of the games I was looking forward the most, probably one of the last I'll ever buy in EA/preorder of any kind.

Plus if the community is unhappy with the product, they won't be selling many DLCs, or I certainly wouldn't in the condition the game is right now.
Between what was promised, what has been delivered, and how, I have been disappointed to say the least.
I still find quite hard to understand how you can start from a solid base (Warband + VC) and deliver what we have in our hands right now after the amount of years that have passed.
A shame, possibly one of the games I was looking forward the most, probably one of the last I'll ever buy in EA/preorder of any kind.
Concluding from the fact you wrote that message - you still care and will probably be there for DLC and other TW games when those are released. One day Bannerlord will be fixed and people will come back. Community such as the one we create can be compared to the mob from the Gladiator movie, people are happy when things go their way. At least i can speak for myself :wink:

EDIT: Hint for Tale Worlds -> I would like to be dragged away from posting on the forum and play the stable 1.5.8 game ! :grin:

I care because I wanted the game to succeed, but even a fan of the previous installments like myself can't really deny the current iteration is lackluster at best.
I hope they'll somehow manage to make it at least closer to what has been promised during its development, and I would be more than happy to be back if they did. But looking at the game status right now, after almost a year of EA? Unlikely, or at least not before another year or more.
The very least I'll say is that I've learned my lesson not to buy in EA again.
If it doesn't improve vastly I won't be buying anything made by them though. So I am hoping they'll manage to salvage the game, but I am not really holding my breath they'll succeed.

I care because I wanted the game to succeed, but even a fan of the previous installments like myself can't really deny the current iteration is lackluster at best.
I hope they'll somehow manage to make it at least closer to what has been promised during its development, and I would be more than happy to be back if they did. But looking at the game status right now, after almost a year of EA? Unlikely, or at least not before another year or more.
The very least I'll say is that I've learned my lesson not to buy in EA again.
If it doesn't improve vastly I won't be buying anything made by them though. So I am hoping they'll manage to salvage the game, but I am not really holding my breath they'll succeed.
I have had pretty much the same feelings about majority of the EA aspects you described. However after 2 months break from Bannerlord i have become less harsh to TW on certain topics. I cannot hide the fact i love that game and spent 650'ish hours on it - to date. Will give them some more time for final judgements.

As for the EA itself - it can be very much done the right way. "Medieval Dynasty" and "Soviet Republic: Workers and Resources" are examples of games i decided to support on EA and i do not regret. Fine titles, very much balanced EA. However I believe those games are not as ambitious in terms of size and features as Bannerlord though...plus majority of coding/engine/features were already there. Developers were merly doing some new objects rarely mechanics implementation. What is different there: in every single beta release you get stable versions with just some bugs... usually little ones. Every EA is different and withouth it many ambitious games won't be created... so maybe give yourself chance to rethink ! :wink:

Mine keeps losing graphical detail, while the stable game is fine.

That feature after capture is a bit silly. Wreck and alienate a captured town for the price of a cheap sword in loot.
Imagine that. A poorly-thought-out, half-assed feature that works like ****. Kinda like: Smithing, Relationships, Diplomacy, Execution, Education, Banners, Marriage, Companions, Castles, the UI, Half the Perks, and the Main Storyline?

At this point, is there anything that you can look at and say "That is a nice design and it is working well."?

I have had pretty much the same feelings about majority of the EA aspects you described. However after 2 months break from Bannerlord i have become less harsh to TW on certain topics. I cannot hide the fact i love that game and spent 650'ish hours on it - to date. Will give them some more time for final judgements.

As for the EA itself - it can be very much done the right way. "Medieval Dynasty" and "Soviet Republic: Workers and Resources" are examples of games i decided to support on EA and i do not regret. Fine titles, very much balanced EA. However I believe those games are not as ambitious in terms of size and features as Bannerlord though...plus majority of coding/engine/features were already there. Developers were merly doing some new objects rarely mechanics implementation. What is different there: in every single beta release you get stable versions with just some bugs... usually little ones. Every EA is different and withouth it many ambitious games won't be created... so maybe give yourself chance to rethink ! :wink:
+1 for Medieval Dynasty. It's a great EA title.

Hotfix 10/02/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur during battles. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix - 08/02/21.)
Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused the mouse cursor to disappear on the campaign map.
  • Fixed an issue with hordes of bandit parties being spawned on the campaign map.
  • Fixed an issue with the 'Call to Arms' perk bonus. It is now 10% (as intended). (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that changed disbanding parties' names to 'unnamedMobileParty'.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the character customisation screen with a young character. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix - 08/02/21.)
  • Fixed an issue that caused some troops to remain static during hideout boss fights. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix - 08/02/21.)
  • Removed erroneous skill templates from faction troops. Veteran Bowman units now use Nordic Shortbow. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix - 08/02/21.)
  • Fixed a GPU memory leak caused by conversation scenes. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed the prosperity loss calculations for pillaging.
  • Fixed an issue with the AI taking into account the settlement owner culture instead of the settlement culture when deciding siege aftermath actions.
  • Fixed a bug that caused lords to act like non-lord parties upon loading a save.

well, this hotfix makes 1.5.8 playable at least..... Maybe next we might actually get some different SCENES and CONTENT added to the game before hell freezes over and Jesus comes back.... You never know.

Back
Top Bottom