Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Suddenly after 10 months of Early Access the slider has to go ?
It just makes no sense, except that it's easier to use a drop down menu with a controller.
exactly, I call for more sliders but we want to take some away. Why not give us more options, and if you say balancing issues, then balance the game at the default sider options and let us sliders since I am pretty sure that not everyone has the same play style or skill level and if we deviate from the default settings then we cant complain about balancing

And I've explained why slider wasn't working, in what aspects. You might not care about those aspects but we have to.
I mean no disrespect to you as an individual but this is how I feel when I read your comments.
Bowing down to a loud minority is a sure-fire way to lose the faith of the majority.

plz don't ban me

Last edited:
Can you switch between 1.57 and 1.5.8 without downloading anything on steam? I kinda want to roll back but I don't want to spend hours or days re-downloading.
You can switch to 1.5.7 easily. Will have to download about 3 gig to get 1.5.8 back.
Oh hang on that happened to me because my virus checker kept deleting a file so could be wrong.

Last edited:
Nope.
If I am attacking or being attacked in an army, it will only show my party icon during the talk phase, but it will show all when making attack selection.
Is this what you mean?
In my game I am sieging Onira and surrounded by literally 10 lords, when they are powerful enough to outnumber me they attack, but only 1 or 2 are allowed to fight me, then back to siege until they outnumber me then they attack and only 1 or 2 are allowed to attack me in battle, rinse and repeat. I got footage on my play through, it is insane I can't be defeated, my 900 army is only being attacked by 200-300 soldiers from it

In my game I am sieging Onira and surrounded by literally 10 lords, when they are powerful enough to outnumber me they attack, but only 1 or 2 are allowed to fight me, then back to siege until they outnumber me then they attack and only 1 or 2 are allowed to attack me in battle, rinse and repeat. I got footage on my play through, it is insane I can't be defeated, my 900 army is only being attacked by 200-300 soldiers from it
I've seen more then 2 (up to 10) attack me in the same situation , but I don't use a large force. I think they're attacking assuming more will join the fight, but they don't always and I think it's an improvement although maybe not intentional. Not sure what causes them to not join in sometimes. If it were something like there personal relationships or traits that would be really cool, but I doubt it ATM.

Suddenly after 10 months of Early Access the slider has to go ?
It just makes no sense, except that it's easier to use a drop down menu with a controller.
giphy.gif

It almost feels unreal to talk about a slider which give more options than a drop down menu 10 months after EA release which was never an issue for like 99% (?) of all players.

Also I guess they need more options than just quality and performance when they target the old and new gen consoles like Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X. Like four different hardware configs (same for the playstation of course).

They could also just add an ingame benchmark like a lot of games do today so players can easily check how the settings impact their performance instead of reducing the options we have.

Last edited:
I've seen more then 2 (up to 10) attack me in the same situation , but I don't use a large force. I think they're attacking assuming more will join the fight, but they don't always and I think it's an improvement although maybe not intentional. Not sure what causes them to not join in sometimes. If it were something like there personal relationships or traits that would be really cool, but I doubt it ATM.
literally all 10 are within a half an inch of screen so all should attack, only reason I am asking is because it is a 1.5.7 start and I know at times they can cause issues when patching, but the footage is a dead giveaway that they should all be in battle

Sorry, but couldnt there be just a simple solution to this whole "Oh yOu ToOk aWaY m'SliDeR" (sorry, its a bit trivial to me), in which you have those options that are currently on: the 300, 600, 800, 1000 or whatever... and add the last option: custom, which will unvail the slider, with which you can use to make custom battle size?

literally all 10 are within a half an inch of screen so all should attack, only reason I am asking is because it is a 1.5.7 start and I know at times they can cause issues when patching, but the footage is a dead giveaway that they should all be in battle
This has been a problem in past versions too, it's been listed as fixed but for me it's always happened sometimes. I 've though that maybe some of the parties actually have some other reason for being their like they want to recruit or buy food, so they don't attack, but the other lord might be calculating on them join though. I don't think I've ever been attacked by a lower power force though, so if that's happening to you it's probably a bug.

I think 1.5.8 is complete disaster. Pillage as a text decision? 9 helmets? New starting battle arrangement while you can not arrange army before battle?

Once again, disaster.

I guess they decided to flip the script, instead of trying to do better so we stop complaining, they decided they are going to do things deliberately to make us complain and forget other stuff.

First they took away the order menu and gave us something really worse, we complained, they gave us something better than the changed version they made but still worse than the original, and now the battle size slider. I wonder what is next at this point.

Just add "extreme" option for those who doesn't have a potato for a PC.

Solved.

Ever thought why this mod has 700 000+ downloads?

Players like tinkering around their game. No need to go into extreme, but some slider for death rate etc. wouldn't be bad.

Again, you guys are living in your own bubble a way too much. Try understanding your players.

And no, once this game is out of EA there wont be a lot of new sales. Most of your customers already are here, there are no hordes of new customers incoming when game is "ready" so adapt to the existing player base not imaginary.
I started to answer and then noticed it will be a very lengthy text. so i try to keep it short: you are wrong

Back
Top Bottom