Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

You can get yourself captured by bandits to reset it. Put all troops in garrisons (or parties) and put your stuff in storage and go attack bandits/looters alone.
Thx, worked. I was scared for a moment when my party turn invisible and i still saw 1+4 wounded but after save reload everything is right.

This is intended behaviour but the feedback of the community on this particular issue has been received and will be discussed at the next feedback meeting.

Why would this be the intended design? As if in a real battle troops just stop listening because you won? ?

Why would this be the intended design? As if in a real battle troops just stop listening because you won? ?
As dumb as that it is in game, it's been known in history that soldiers would go into a looting fest while the enemy is running. There has been records of commanders intentionally leaving loot behind in a feigned retreat only to come crashing down on the enemy as they were busy shoving butter into their mouths and rounding up all the horses.

So I tried this patch a while ago after not playing for around 6 months. The game is constantly lagging... going through menus, opening dialogues or even opening the action menu (when arriving at a town/castle/village), it always lags (1 fps) to open anything. It's laggy af that I really just Alt + F4 because of how disgusting it is. Am I the only one...? No mods BTW.

Am I the only one...?
Nope there are many others. If you're interested in potential DIY temporary fixes, here's what have worked for some people.

1. Changing anti-aliasing to anything that's not Temporal.
2. Playing in windowed mode.
3. Cleaning up save files (if you have a lot)
4. Moving the game to SSD if you haven't, and have one.

As dumb as that it is in game, it's been known in history that soldiers would go into a looting fest while the enemy is running. There has been records of commanders intentionally leaving loot behind in a feigned retreat only to come crashing down on the enemy as they were busy shoving butter into their mouths and rounding up all the horses.
Would have been dope that TW added an animation where that half of those troops are not just cheering, but going up to the nearest body and kinda "searching" for loot. This is 50% of the issue with TW. They got good intentions with a lot of features they implement, but they almost never execute them well, or all the way to the finish line. They expect fans to just accept the half-baked implementation of ideas.

Would have been dope that TW added an animation where that half of those troops are not just cheering, but going up to the nearest body and kinda "searching" for loot. This is 50% of the issue with TW. They got good intentions with a lot of features they implement, but they almost never execute them well, or all the way to the finish line. They expect fans to just accept the half-baked implementation of ideas.
tbf something like what you have suggetsed isnt really needed in EA maybe when its close to full release and they are adding final polish sure but its more a nice to have rather than a need if you know what i mean

tbf something like what you have suggetsed isnt really needed in EA maybe when its close to full release and they are adding final polish sure but its more a nice to have rather than a need if you know what i mean
Completely agree. It is just something nice to have, but soldiers looting and other small things would have communicated better to the player why half of your army is not following your orders of chasing down dem bandits, instead of the troops just cheering.

Completely agree. It is just something nice to have, but soldiers looting and other small things would have communicated better to the player why half of your army is not following your orders of chasing down dem bandits, instead of the troops just cheering.

It's another "You didn't ask for it, so here it is."

Meanwhile, progress on the features we do want has been abysmally slow.

It's another "You didn't ask for it, so here it is."

Meanwhile, progress on the features we do want has been abysmally slow.
As the old saying goes, fixing something that isn't broken

In the case of the UI removal after victory, it's breaking something that isn't broken. Its good that they're listening to the community feedback. But damn who ever suggested that terrible feature needs to go asap, not only is it a terrible idea, it's contributing to the slow development progress. They could have been working on implementing the battle banners, instead they gave us that.

It's a natural tendency of developers to add a personal touch. Just like players who love their own suggestions and write novels about them, no matter how wrong they are.
Well, people who make terrible features are usually higher up in the hierarchy, something like a designer or an analyst, so I doubt they're gonna go. I made this assumption because programmers usually think logically, and don't like giving themselves more work by adding useless stuff on their own.
They do if the effort is not great, as they feel motivated by implementing their own ideas.

Last edited:
But damn who ever suggested that terrible feature needs to go asap
Well, people who make terrible features are usually higher up in the hierarchy, something like a designer or an analyst, so I doubt they're gonna go. I made this assumption because programmers usually think logically, and don't like giving themselves more work by adding useless stuff on their own.

I got my new system a few weeks ago and experince some minor lag issues, but last night hoped on my old system which I plan to mod with and it is a minor requirements system to play and I was shocked how bad the pausing and stopping is. It is literally unplayable and I am shocked that once again patches like this are allowed to be rolled out. Once again if your testing team can't or won't detect this why not allow some of the community to test this for major issues. I feels this is worse than 1.5.8 which was an utter disaster. How do you expect people to test the beta branch when is is unplayable unless your have a real good system. Cmon TW lets put some checks in place so this doesn't happen and people have to wait weeks for a fix that never should have been rolled out

I got my new system a few weeks ago and experince some minor lag issues, but last night hoped on my old system which I plan to mod with and it is a minor requirements system to play and I was shocked how bad the pausing and stopping is. It is literally unplayable and I am shocked that once again patches like this are allowed to be rolled out. Once again if your testing team can't or won't detect this why not allow some of the community to test this for major issues. I feels this is worse than 1.5.8 which was an utter disaster. How do you expect people to test the beta branch when is is unplayable unless your have a real good system. Cmon TW lets put some checks in place so this doesn't happen and people have to wait weeks for a fix that never should have been rolled out
Don't worry I can still play it???????
Those bugs better run! ?️?️?️

I think that they want and need a variety of systems to report on performance of the beta so so having a pre-beta with even less players would probably slow down the whole process. This includes "yo my game too slow to play wtf?" reports, though I'm sure proper reports with system specs would be more useful.

I might be wrong, but isn't the performance issues also present on 1.5.9? maybe they're making more of a PC game and less of a toaster game
or a ps5 game instead of ps4 :razz:

Also maybe they can't solve the performance right away but need to keep testing thier fixes and revisions in the beta.

If somebody wants to play a non-updated version, they can roll back to 1.5.8 or whatever they want.

If you're bored with older versions then there's no difference between not playing the old version and not playing the update.

TLDR pre-beta-beta is a bad idea, just make real reports, maybe use the telemetry branch too.

Am i the only one who cant get this branch working. LITTERALLY tried everything cleaned my PC fresh reinstall. Updated driver. I crash everytime I create a character. Theres literally nothing wrong with my PC any other game works fine. And I can downgrade to 1.5.9 and play which is super weird. I know this belongs in reports but I really need help getting this working. 2 days ago I was able to play the branch with a few mods installed. Leveled up a character and had a good time enjoying the new leveling system. the day after i just couldn't do any actions and kept crashing. Decided to purge all mods etc. but nothing worked. Im really stuck here is there some random fix i might miss?

Back
Top Bottom