Search results for query: *

1. Lord Arick Bren

Resolved Mounted Archer Skill Trait

Summary:The Mounted archer skill trait simply does not work, it is described as 'use any bow on a horse' however even after you pass the skill requirement and select the trait you still cannot use bows like the Noble Bow on a horse. How to Reproduce: Select the Mounted Archer trait in archery...
  2. Lord Arick Bren

Bug Reports: 1.54

Whenever i try to launch the mod it tells me RGL ERROR Unable to open file:CommonRes\wb_mp_objects_a.brf

I'd love to try this mod out, it looks awesome, can you help?
  3. Lord Arick Bren

SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

I read that just a moment ago i'm done then, thank the gods.
  4. Lord Arick Bren

wildyracing said:
    Female armor is bull**** in my opinion. Non-historically, non-books related, non-nothing. A complete waste of time, which could be spent on far more important things that this mere cosmetic feature.

I for one find that insulting, History is not a factor because its fantasy, there are female warriors in the books, and it wouldn't be a waste of time, to say so, is very sexist, its the same thing as saying male armors are a waste of time, what makes it different? the answer is nothing to very little, i don't exactly care if they are added at this point, because there doesn't need to be HUNDREDS like everyone keeps asking about.

There only needs to be a very few, 1-5 and they dont even have to be faction related..and honestly if i could do this i would. but it's not a year long request, i don't ask that it be in beta, and i don't even care if its in the first release, just that they make there way there, and i will defend the idea until then.
  5. Lord Arick Bren

Lazyman said:
    Were you? Women did not fight, it was extremely rare if they did, it is NOT a priority for a mod .

When have i ever said the opposite of what you just did? I made a suggestion, and it went further than wanted.
  6. Lord Arick Bren

stupar9876 said:
    Females never went into war in medieval times( I mean generally,don't flame me).
    If you find it so hard to don't posses a fine women armor,you're quite ---- .

Mod should get focus on important things as armors,scenes,weapons concepts (diplomacy,jousting tourneys :grin: etc.) not on retardeduseless women armor,dresses,dragons and so frustrating,direwolf companions.

And you are all becoming boring with these book discussions,go to westeros forums and post your space-consuming messages there.(and I've read all parts,it's just you all being ignorant and continuing to post ---- after 10s of post to cut it out).

Were you in medieval times? how could you possibly know? Of course they wouldn't write it into history..because of the way times were back then, but i believe that some (a small few) went into battle, and to be honest, you sound like you're looking for an argument, we are having a friendly discussion, if anyone is being ignorant its you.

And for the love of the old and the new, i only asked about at least one armor for females. In GoT, as was stated many times before...Bear Island, Has warrior females.

I understand the initial debate about this, but honestly, the constant opposition comes off as a bit sexist, its been proven that there is possibilities and chances for women warriors, all i ask for is 1, idc past that. If my replies are getting annoying, apologies, but i'm just defending my opinion here.

P.S. Not meant to flame you.
  7. Lord Arick Bren

Shimmler said:
    Lord Arick Bren said:
    Wowwars said:
    Game of Thrones is male dominant maybe some sandsnake armour but meh not really any real armours for females. let alone even being able to join a fighting force.

Yet Brienne had no issue at all winning a duel to receive rights as renly's personal guard, im not saying this makes her dominant or special, but it proves that they do have a shot, and again, i'm not saying there has to be hundreds of female variant armors, but i'd like to see one, be it brienne's or just a random female sized make, and hell if i have to win a tournament to join an army, so be it, but i want to play a female character.

Yet she wore male armro. Nobody could tell she was a woman until the moment she took off her helmet.

Eh she looked pretty awesome in it regardless lol, and she is a woman of large physical stature so i can understand that. I still don't understand why an armor for women is being so debated over.
  8. Lord Arick Bren

Wowwars said:
    Game of Thrones is male dominant maybe some sandsnake armour but meh not really any real armours for females. let alone even being able to join a fighting force.

Yet Brienne had no issue at all winning a duel to receive rights as renly's personal guard, im not saying this makes her dominant or special, but it proves that they do have a shot, and again, i'm not saying there has to be hundreds of female variant armors, but i'd like to see one, be it brienne's or just a random female sized make, and hell if i have to win a tournament to join an army, so be it, but i want to play a female character.
  9. Lord Arick Bren

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:
    Lord Arick Bren said:
    VlkaFenryka said:
    Lord Arick Bren said:
    1 Question, These Armors will have female variants right?

No way, females rarely wore armor in GoT. Asha looked the most normal and that's due to her LACK of armor. Look at Brienne of Tarth, and that will bill your atypical female in armor.

Regardless of how you view it, it was just a question, and then i just requested 1 Outfit, that was for females that my character could wear into battle...i honestly don't want to be stuck wearing a dress into battle, and if nobody makes one, oh well, i'll settle with making a male.

Of course there aren't a lot of female warriors in game of thrones, or in history in general, but that doesn't mean there flat out was not any or that they couldn't be. I like being that unique badass female warrior, because you don't see it often, and that's a reason why brienne is one of my favorite characters.

well, in real life they would go to an armorer and get armor customly made

I don't see how that matters, whether i have to buy it custom made from an armorer in game..or just in the marketplace like it was hanging on a rack...i will buy that female armor
  10. Lord Arick Bren

VlkaFenryka said:
    Lord Arick Bren said:

No way, females rarely wore armor in GoT. Asha looked the most normal and that's due to her LACK of armor. Look at Brienne of Tarth, and that will bill your atypical female in armor.

Regardless of how you view it, it was just a question, and then i just requested 1 Outfit, that was for females that my character could wear into battle...i honestly don't want to be stuck wearing a dress into battle, and if nobody makes one, oh well, i'll settle with making a male.

Of course there aren't a lot of female warriors in game of thrones, or in history in general, but that doesn't mean there flat out was not any or that they couldn't be. I like being that unique badass female warrior, because you don't see it often, and that's a reason why brienne is one of my favorite characters.
  11. Lord Arick Bren

Lord Arick Bren said:
    You do realize that this means double work? If it will ever happen, it is a VERY long call.

Ehm, then i'd like to make a request, 1 awesome female outfit...from any faction, and i will join that faction...or...1 stark female outfit xD lol Please.
  12. Lord Arick Bren

Lord Arick Bren said:

By this i just mean, in most mods for warband, the armors look all made for males, so on female models they are very bulgy and look just terrible, for me in games its all about how things look, this mod looks amazing, i'd hate to be discouraged by this repeating factor.
  13. Lord Arick Bren

14. Lord Arick Bren

Othurin said:
    I think they have said they will add rams, let me look it up.

EDIT:
    mark7 said:
    Battering Ram

openbrf2012010120421563.jpg

openbrf2012010120414498.jpg

openbrf2012010120415052.jpg

openbrf2012010120420346.jpg

openbrf2012010120420959.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

LegionaireR said:
    matmohair1, thank you for kind words...and thank you for Crown of North.

it is planned to enter a ram

Good to know, the mod just keeps getting better for me lol
  15. Lord Arick Bren

ThaneWulfgharn said:
    In ASOIAF that would be wildfire.I hope they will.

Yea, but don't you think wildfire might be a bit explosive? As it was shown in the show. However i do realize it was a ship full of wildfire. still seems a bit much for castle defense, might destroy more of the castle than the enemy.
  16. Lord Arick Bren

Something just came to mind, one thing being that in most mount and blade games you cannot open the gates in single player sieges, will you be fixing that? and another thing is if so, i would like to recommend if possible the idea of quicklime, oil, resin, sulfur spills.  During castle sieges in history a common tactic of putting buckets filled with flammable material around the gate walls, they would spill the flammable liquid on the enemy soldiers and then have a bowman catch flame to his arrow and send it towards the flammable material, thus creating a intimidating inferno.

I don't know if it's even possible, but it was just a thought, also it could be a cool addition to mid combat morale gained for the defense and lost for offense.
  17. Lord Arick Bren

Othurin said:
    and to keep the people of winterfell not believing he has empty threats

And! because he knows that the stark children will not return soon, and if they do, it will be with rob stark, and by then Theons sister will have arrived, Rob could possibly re-capture the town buuutttttt it wouldn't matter, the fault would be his sisters and the ironborn would be LONG gone or dead in that case,  so nobody would find out anyway regardless. Its quite clever, and has little flaws in the plan. dont get me wrong though, there are some flaws however.
  18. Lord Arick Bren

Brotherblaze said:
    Scyrius said:
    About last nights episode.
    I think if the two burnt bodies werent the stark children, which I dont think they were, it wasnt Theon Greyjoys doing. He seemed genuinlly disturbed when he saw the bodies.
    Yeah I kinda guessed it wasnt the stark boys but the boys at the farm house. And Theon had a wtf look on his face. Although that scene was completely ****ed up and Theon prob lost alot of fans; Theon is still my fav.

Lolz we had this question like two questions ago, and another answered it for me, but i had it right from my first guess.

Answer!
    Yes, it is not the stark children, it is a cover up by the prince of the iron isles, in order to protect his reputation among his crew

And yea...Theon...for me is no longer a favorite of mine....trying to hard to please daddy, when his true allies are those he is attacking.
  19. Lord Arick Bren

Stevon said:
    Lord Arick Bren said:
    Jakob Zaborowski said:
    Lord Arick Bren said:
    Rage rage rage, Lannisters and their false tales getting my hopes up, darn, thought it would be awesome though, also i thought Ghost belonged to Jon Snow?

It is actually not a Lannister tale, they would probably dislike their men being  @#!*%  afraid of the bad  @#!*%  of the north. But the small folk talk of it.

Thanks for clearing that up, Makes sense too lol, regardless you're going to be afraid of The badasses of the north however.
    Especially the fearsome Lord Manderly eh?
    Oh no, Seven save us all... here come's lord too-fat-to-sit-a-horse! D:
    :razz:

lolz of course
  20. Lord Arick Bren

Jakob Zaborowski said:
    Lord Arick Bren said:
    Rage rage rage, Lannisters and their false tales getting my hopes up, darn, thought it would be awesome though, also i thought Ghost belonged to Jon Snow?

It is actually not a Lannister tale, they would probably dislike their men being **** afraid of the bad ass of the north. But the small folk talk of it.

Thanks for clearing that up, Makes sense too lol, regardless you're going to be afraid of The badasses of the north however.
Back
Top Bottom