SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Glenlivet said:
RE: Legs - Thank you to those who let me know that if the model has no legs the character in game will have no legs. Probably the most obvious information anyone has ever given me. The model does in fact have legs - they are tied to the cape in the model so that when I applied fur to the cape, the legs also became fur. There is absolutely nothing I can do about this (I don't make UV maps). It wasn't a problem when I thought the fur was black b/c it comes out just looking like black pants below. In the pictures I put up (where the fur in brown) I can see that the legs are brown fur quite clearly and I apologize. I didn't mean to make a fawn. Will get the legs back to brown so that Robb doesn't offend your sensibilities with his unnatural hair growth deformity.
Is there really need for the sarcastic attitude? If you didn't want such comments, mentioning the uv issues with legs in the first place is only common sense.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
I think to study the month name history in real life and then make their Westeros equivalents.
For example:

January is named after the Roman God Janus,equivalent to the Father.So it is the Month of the Father.

February was named after the Latin term februum, which means purification.We can call it Month of the Blessed,after Baelor,who purificated himself.

March is named after Mars,in ancient rome.His westerosi equivalent is The Warrior.So we have Month of the Warrior

April means "to open" and after Wikipedia it meant the opening of the flowers ore such.We can call it Month of the Flowers

May is named after goddess Maia.Goddess of fertility.We can call it Month of the Mother.

June is named after the Roman Goddess Juno,equivalent of the Crone.We can call it Month of the Crone.

July is named after Julius Caesar.His equivalent is Aegon the Conqueror,so we can call it Month of the Conqueror.

August is named after Caesar Augustus.I can't find a Targaryen King magnificent enough,but I think Balerion the black dread deserves a month+August is the hottest month of the year,so a dragon fits.Month of the Dragon.

September can be called Month of the Seven.Obvious.

October is when the winter starts,and the Stranger represents the coming death.We can call it Month of the Stranger.

November is hard winter,but not the worst,so it can be Month of the Wight.

December is deep winter so we can call it Month of the Others.

We have:
01-Month of The Father
02-Month of The Blessed
03-Month of The Warrior
04-Month of the Flowers
05-Month of The Mother
06-Month of The Crone
07-Month of The Conqueror
08-Month of The Dragon
09-Month of The Seven
10-Month of The Stranger
11-Month of the Wight
12-Month of The Others

That's the idea, much more develop actually, taht I put on the facebook page ^^.

But I thought of somethings much more close to the Seven, they're the most worship gods and the closer to the Ironthrones. You could put only 7 mounths it's not a obligation to put 12...
And job for all you have done so far!

(I'm reading the books and I take a great interest in the background story, I know all of the great family and all that stuff (yes I have a life :mrgreen:) so if never you need any kind of help or advice for the story and that sort of things I'll be gladly to help.)

Othurin said:
Another thing, I saw Castamere won't be added, which is a pity since it would make for great roleplay characters

It would be nice as a scene like those in Brytenwalda or TLD, where you can visit the ruins, and maybe have some associated quest.

Actually, Castamere was somewhat restored, because I remember reading someone became lord of Castamere, in the war of the five kings. also the northerners robbed the gold mines close to castamere. The castle is mostly ruins, but the gold mines are still the gold mines of castamere I think

Something just came to mind, one thing being that in most mount and blade games you cannot open the gates in single player sieges, will you be fixing that? and another thing is if so, i would like to recommend if possible the idea of quicklime, oil, resin, sulfur spills.  During castle sieges in history a common tactic of putting buckets filled with flammable material around the gate walls, they would spill the flammable liquid on the enemy soldiers and then have a bowman catch flame to his arrow and send it towards the flammable material, thus creating a intimidating inferno.

I don't know if it's even possible, but it was just a thought, also it could be a cool addition to mid combat morale gained for the defense and lost for offense.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
In ASOIAF that would be wildfire.I hope they will.

Yea, but don't you think wildfire might be a bit explosive? As it was shown in the show. However i do realize it was a ship full of wildfire. still seems a bit much for castle defense, might destroy more of the castle than the enemy.

I think they have said they will add rams, let me look it up.

EDIT:
mark7 said:
Battering Ram

openbrf2012010120421563.jpg

openbrf2012010120414498.jpg

openbrf2012010120415052.jpg

openbrf2012010120420346.jpg

openbrf2012010120420959.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

LegionaireR said:
matmohair1, thank you for kind words...and thank you for Crown of North.

it is planned to enter a ram

Are you going to intergrate a kind of religion system?
Like if you pray: -the Old Gods you will be able to have a wolf for companion.
                          -the Lord of light you can have a flamming sword.
                          -the Sevens moral increase maybe.
                          -the Dronwed God helps you when you fight on the sea or next to it.

ect...

tduvefjard said:
Heres two more gods the mother iam real proud of actually but as for the maiden i really want response
and with those words only one god left and that is the warrior which i think will take some time as a mere search for the warrior on google will turn up a millions results

mothert.jpg

maidzq.jpg

PS love the cape on the armour

Well yeah, the Maiden is too cartoonish.
The Mother looks awesome though  :grin:

HoJu said:
Othurin said:
Another thing, I saw Castamere won't be added, which is a pity since it would make for great roleplay characters

It would be nice as a scene like those in Brytenwalda or TLD, where you can visit the ruins, and maybe have some associated quest.
In the mod Castamere is a village, the scene will ultimately have ruins though  :wink:
and you also might wanna have a surname Castamere when you create your character  :grin:

Lazyman said:
BTW why do all the units have uniforms?
sorry, didn't quite understand your querstion

Steffan the Wolf said:
Are you going to intergrate a kind of religion system?
Like if you pray: -the Old Gods you will be able to have a wolf for companion.
                          -the Lord of light you can have a flamming sword.
                          -the Sevens moral increase maybe.
                          -the Dronwed God helps you when you fight on the sea or next to it.

ect...

yes, such system is definetely palnned, and concept has been made. When Legionaire will manage to recreate that concept in the game I'll post details here.

About that Iron Throne question - yes, it will be based on that one from the series, cause it makes me jizz my gold-encrysted pants when I look at it  :lol:

About the uniformity of those armours: What thane showed was just his view of how it should look like, the team is going for more variety I think, they are included but they are restricted to some troops and as you know the troop trees are more extensive. No entirely sure so we'll hear what shimmler, legionairer and my other teammates will say.

edit: almost ninja'd  :smile:

I just say what is planned: every unit will have variety in it's armors, but most 2-nd tier troops of central Westerosi factions will get heraldic armor. Not the crappy native type with awkward sigil placing, but with new different models and logical coat of arms placement  :wink:

Hmm, a village. Sadly I can't make a village my home as a lord tho D: What castle does it belong to? And does it have high income due to the gold mines?

Hmmmm.... Either the Crag or Ashemark I recall.
And yes, many villages will produce gold in Westerlands, which will become one of new tradable goods  :grin:

Hand of the King enjoys his new avatar, and thinks that his last one has been used up :p

Shimmler said:
In the mod Castamere is a village, the scene will ultimately have ruins though  :wink:
and you also might wanna have a surname Castamere when you create your character  :grin:

You'd probably want the surname Reyne actually, as they were the Reynes of Castamere.

A shame it won't be a castle, but putting it in as a village is probably a better choice. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom