Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodraven said:
johnyroyal4400 said:
swoot :grin: i cant wait :grin:

GoTtiming.jpg

:grin:

Awesome, made my day.

Need to update some things in the first post :smile: Claw Castle and Fair Castle both have their scenes ready and "assassin" is written with double "s" both places :smile:

It looks so gorgeous. I've played the ASOIAF games that are out, the RTS and the RPG, and the only thing I enjoyed was the setting in which they are placed. THIS will do the series true justice, please keep it up.

VlkaFenryka said:
Lord Arick Bren said:
1 Question, These Armors will have female variants right?

No way, females rarely wore armor in GoT. Asha looked the most normal and that's due to her LACK of armor. Look at Brienne of Tarth, and that will bill your atypical female in armor.

did you every read the third book?  In it there is a section that says that almost all of the women wear amour on the Mormont island (forget what it is called).  They wear it because of the Iron islanders and the wildlings.

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:
VlkaFenryka said:
Lord Arick Bren said:

No way, females rarely wore armor in GoT. Asha looked the most normal and that's due to her LACK of armor. Look at Brienne of Tarth, and that will bill your atypical female in armor.

did you every read the third book?  In it there is a section that says that almost all of the women wear amour on the Mormont island (forget what it is called).  They wear it because of the Iron islanders and the wildlings.
Bear Island, I believe. And while true, for the early purpose of the mod, they could assume they all wore armor designed for men.

VlkaFenryka said:
Lord Arick Bren said:

Regardless of how you view it, it was just a question, and then i just requested 1 Outfit, that was for females that my character could wear into battle...i honestly don't want to be stuck wearing a dress into battle, and if nobody makes one, oh well, i'll settle with making a male.

Of course there aren't a lot of female warriors in game of thrones, or in history in general, but that doesn't mean there flat out was not any or that they couldn't be. I like being that unique badass female warrior, because you don't see it often, and that's a reason why brienne is one of my favorite characters.

Lord Arick Bren said:
VlkaFenryka said:
Lord Arick Bren said:

Regardless of how you view it, it was just a question, and then i just requested 1 Outfit, that was for females that my character could wear into battle...i honestly don't want to be stuck wearing a dress into battle, and if nobody makes one, oh well, i'll settle with making a male.

Of course there aren't a lot of female warriors in game of thrones, or in history in general, but that doesn't mean there flat out was not any or that they couldn't be. I like being that unique badass female warrior, because you don't see it often, and that's a reason why brienne is one of my favorite characters.

well, in real life they would go to an armorer and get armor customly made

Yes, but this is a MOD, and a MOD of FANTASY at that. Mods of fantasy don't generally follow real life. Real life doesn't generally have flying lizards which spew flames.

Aaeni said:
Yes, but this is a MOD, and a MOD of FANTASY at that. Mods of fantasy don't generally follow real life. Real life doesn't generally have flying lizards which spew flames.

maybe they just didn't hatch yet?!  :!: :?:

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:
Lord Arick Bren said:
VlkaFenryka said:
Lord Arick Bren said:

well, in real life they would go to an armorer and get armor customly made

I don't see how that matters, whether i have to buy it custom made from an armorer in game..or just in the marketplace like it was hanging on a rack...i will buy that female armor

I'm not saying I'm interested in making female armour, but if you showed an example of what your talking about you might have a better chance of getting what you want. When I try to picture female armour it just looks like regular armour with tits and a nice ass... well, not brienne.

Game of Thrones is male dominant maybe some sandsnake armour but meh not really any real armours for females. let alone even being able to join a fighting force.

BaylorGang said:
There is already a Game of Thrones mod in the making(And in beta). What seperates this one from it?

Besides the fact your here trolling?

This is Legionaire's mod, his team has some of the best modding talent on it. The mod you mentioned has mainly one man working on it.

Secondly, the team is devoting resources to making each army unique, with units having distinct styles and armors.

Third, the team is attempting to factor in new mechanics such as "toll structures" that would act like the Twins, Moat Cailin, the Gold Tooth, and the Bloody Gate.

There are numerous other mechanics in the work, buts its all in the air at the moment. Suffice to say the beta will likely feature only nominal differences from the best mods, but version 1.0 will be an excellent product.

Wowwars said:
Game of Thrones is male dominant maybe some sandsnake armour but meh not really any real armours for females. let alone even being able to join a fighting force.

Yet Brienne had no issue at all winning a duel to receive rights as renly's personal guard, im not saying this makes her dominant or special, but it proves that they do have a shot, and again, i'm not saying there has to be hundreds of female variant armors, but i'd like to see one, be it brienne's or just a random female sized make, and hell if i have to win a tournament to join an army, so be it, but i want to play a female character.

Lord Arick Bren said:
Wowwars said:

Yet Brienne had no issue at all winning a duel to receive rights as renly's personal guard, im not saying this makes her dominant or special, but it proves that they do have a shot, and again, i'm not saying there has to be hundreds of female variant armors, but i'd like to see one, be it brienne's or just a random female sized make, and hell if i have to win a tournament to join an army, so be it, but i want to play a female character.
Two things: One, Wowwars, while correct that Game of Thrones is a male dominate system, you are incorrect when saying there is not really any real armor for females. As one of the above people already stated, all the woman on Bear Island wear armor. That's a lot of people, and a lot of them are battle trained.

Second, Arick, Brienne wore male's armor when she fought. It was actually stated in the scene that introduced her (I believe) that they were waiting to see the man who unhorsed Loras, and were surprised when she pulled off the helmet to see a woman underneath. They would've noticed sooner if her armor had had a chest.

Lord Arick Bren said:
Wowwars said:

Yet she wore male armro. Nobody could tell she was a woman until the moment she took off her helmet.

Owen Wulfson said:
BaylorGang said:
There is already a Game of Thrones mod in the making(And in beta). What seperates this one from it?

Besides the fact your here trolling?

This is Legionaire's mod, his team has some of the best modding talent on it. The mod you mentioned has mainly one man working on it.

Secondly, the team is devoting resources to making each army unique, with units having distinct styles and armors.

Third, the team is attempting to factor in new mechanics such as "toll structures" that would act like the Twins, Moat Cailin, the Gold Tooth, and the Bloody Gate.

There are numerous other mechanics in the work, buts its all in the air at the moment. Suffice to say the beta will likely feature only nominal differences from the best mods, but version 1.0 will be an excellent product.
Im not trolling... I honestly just wanted an answer 0_o

I think that two months is a short time for an alliance, don't you think it should at least be a year? I believe that unless somebody overthrows the Starks, the Tullys should be permanently allied with the Starks, considering that the Tullys are sworn to the Starks. I know it technically wouldn't be realitistic to be permanent, but of course, neither is people never aging, or not having kids, or alliances lasting 3 months. If
the Red Wedding
had never happened, the Tullys would be sworn to the Starks for a long time. I guess you could create a claimant quest to overthrow the rulers, and that could end it. It annoys me how in native the factions go from warring to being allies and back to warring so quickly.

Shimmler said:
blitzking said:
A small complaint about the mod, shouldn't each of the Free Cities be controlled by its own individual faction, considering they are all independent cities?

Aren't you asking too much for a beta?  :wink:

No. It's just a few extra faction to create. You don't have to go into the same level of detail as the Westeros factions. That is assuming you're going to include some part of Essos. You could just create a few units for each faction, design the scene for each city, and make a few lords of those factions. I didn't say it was easy, but personally I think that you should create Essos until you've finished Westeros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom