Bug Reports: 1.54

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
flare said:
silentbravo said:
Example, If I put 2 into looting in every Hero, that would stack up to 20 Looting skill with 10 heroes, yes?

no it is max skill level in party + 1 for every 2 points of that skill on the second highest level, all other heroes don't matter after that

eg
hero has 8 in looting, borcha 6 and everyone else 2, total is 8+(6/2)=11
ymira ha 10 trading. hero 8 and everyone else 4, total is 10+(8/2)=14

maximum value for party skills is 15 which requires at least 2 people with 10 skill level

the only skill that stacks additively for each hero is training, 10 heroes with 10 in training is ok, 10 heroes with 10 in looting is not because it has the same effect as having only two of them

Ah thanks for clearing that up. Kind of a strange way to calculate it. Looks like most of my party have a lot of stats that don't matter then.

it's best to use only 2 heroes as "skill dumps", one for INT skills and another one for CHA skills and keep them last in the troop list so they almost never join battles, all the others you can just max STR and AGI to use them as super soldiers

For companions with the Heroism and Defensive Tactics skills, will their bonuses apply to my troops if said companions do not join the battle? I'm asking because I dumped Marnid with a couple of points in Heroism, before remembering that he pretty much never joins any battle due to being confined to that Aleph of his(he shows up in the battle results scene as 'killed').

I think so, but I'd have to test it to make sure.  IIRC, grabbing Party skill bonuses applies whether the member's in the battle or not, but does take into account whether said party member is Wounded.

And yeah, Marnid always shows up as "killed", which is technically a bug.  I should fix that at some point.

I'm getting a weird bug. The Holy Army has become hostile for some reason (no idea), yet their leader doesn't have any "start combat" dialogue options. Also, they're really fast, and combined, those two things make movement very tedious.

xenoargh said:
My 5 alephs
My 5 alephs!?! <head explodes>

That is so, so not right.  Uh, until I know how to replicate that bug (because that is most certainly a bug, not a feature, lol) uh... there' a Battle Resizer utility out there that will allow people with uber-computers to play with Battle Sizes > 150, go check it out.
Oh, so we're not supposed to be able to liberate them from bandits? bugger.

Indeed. What I wonder is if there's a bug or intended that caravans stop spawning from towns and villages after a while.

got the mod yesterday found that weapons/shields like to disappear at random it makes me waste throwing weapons which gets me killed thinking theyr about to die, then it hits something i cant see, or they have a huge weapon and its crushes through my block

Surmene said:
Indeed. What I wonder is if there's a bug or intended that caravans stop spawning from towns and villages after a while.

I think you missed the point of his post. They DO spawn, but the massive bandit parties (Including skeletal hordes) and enemy lords are like "lol hi weak vulnerable caravan", and the caravan is like "hi" before it realizes that it's dead

got the mod yesterday found that weapons/shields like to disappear at random it makes me waste throwing weapons which gets me killed thinking theyr about to die, then it hits something i cant see, or they have a huge weapon and its crushes through my block
At least try to write coherent sentences, please  :lol:

Anyhow, yes, weapons disappear, not at random, but to preserve performance.  It's just part of the mod, as is getting killed by weapons you cannot block- strike first, backpedal, use your shield bash, whatever.

Epicrules said:
Surmene said:

I think you missed the point of his post. They DO spawn, but the massive bandit parties (Including skeletal hordes) and enemy lords are like "lol hi weak vulnerable caravan", and the caravan is like "hi" before it realizes that it's dead
Nope, logically I was in agreement. But the question I had asked was as follow
Surmene said:
The mod build before 1.5, I noticed caravans stopped spawning from towns and villages mid to late game. And the latest build I rest more at towns after fighting golems, and I never see caravans spawn out.

xenoargh said:
At least try to write coherent sentences, please  :lol:

Anyhow, yes, weapons disappear, not at random, but to preserve performance.  It's just part of the mod, as is getting killed by weapons you cannot block- strike first, backpedal, use your shield bash, whatever.

I think he's trying to say that weapons and shields that people are holding are disappearing, which would most certainly be a clientside texture issue.

So, you have disappearing items in combat?  Not stuff that got thrown and is in the ground or dead people's shields?

If so, turn down your Battle Sizes; if that doesn't resolve the problem, try the mod in DirectX 7 mode. 

If that resolves the problem, go back to DirectX 9 mode and play until it happens again, then quit, post your RGL log text file to pastebin and put a link up here.

I doubt if I can fix your issue (it can't be a shader failure, for example, or armor would also quit showing up) but it'd be useful to know what, if any, errors the engine spits out.

1. Are you using M&B? (If yes, then scram! this is a Warband mod :razz:)

2. Are you using a pirated version of Warband?

3. If none of these, look for the file in the Blood & Steel\CommonRes\ folder, if its not there, get it from Modules\Native, its an object from Warband itself,  using the Native prop will work.

If this doesnt work, try to reinstall the mod by deleting the file and then running the installer again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom