Why is every single NPC ugly as sin....and white?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't see any issue with "diversity" as it stands but the characters do look like they got hit in the face with a shovel repeatedly.

It's pretty funny to me, but yes, ugly, ugly ugly. Your character can look okay, and a few of the people look, ordinary I suppose? But mostly, super ugly.

Can guys you stop with the butthurt responses? OP is baiting you to whine about SJWs, nothing more.
(but also, whining about "forced diversity" and "SJWs" is pretty cringe by itself..)

No diversity???
Dude there are as many women leaders than men in this game... if anything this game is way too diverse to even be a little realistic.
And btw it's in 1080 not 2020, also the factions clearly show who is who and having forced race diversity would be terrible, don't be that guy.

I agree with this, I expected some female leaders but this has more female leaders then men. It's kind of silly honestly, getting pregnant and still fighting in battles lol.

(but also, whining about "forced diversity" and "SJWs" is pretty cringe by itself..)

Both are things that destroy good video games, so it's reasonable for people to oppose them.

That being said that isn't the issue here, it's all these inbred looking NPCs.

I agree with this, I expected some female leaders but this has more female leaders then men. It's kind of silly honestly, getting pregnant and still fighting in battles lol.

Some of them just have ugly faces and awful dialog, so I just execute them, solves the immersion problem of having pregnant warlords going around getting stabbed.

I mean seriously my choices of spouse is ugly or even uglier. Dont get me started on every male(edit: and female) NPC regardless of factional culture looking either like a old grizzly white dude or young grumpy white dude.

Wheres our cultural diversity?

Just FYI, im white.
I agree that the chargen and human textures need a lot of work. Hopefully they're just placeholders because what we have right now for chargens and facegens actually manages to be worse than Warband.

All the characters look Turkish :grin: I'm sure they have put this problem to the background, there are way more burning problems than it. But yep, I agree, all the characters' appearance defenitely have to be improved.

companions before mods come out:
5Kai0Yn.png

Companions after mods come out:
qFSy1ur.png
Ah yes because an airbrushed model with layers of foundation and strong lipstick is the quintessential medieval woman.

Last edited:
I'm less worried about the skin colours, and more concerned with the way faces all look so similar. I've been trying for ages now to make a character that doesn't look like Gary Lineker, but without much success.

5Kai0Yn.png

qFSy1ur.png
Not very good joke.

And personally i much prefer woman in first picture but that is iire
As a history professor I'd like to express, first an opinion, and second a valid point.

First, and foremost...I hope this series doesn't turn into some odd cultural soup for the sake of political correctness.
Second,If a game, say Resident Evil, is set in Asia...I expect the overwhelming majority of characters and zombies to have Asian features.
A clear example what not to do is State of Decay 2, where the mid west is populated overwhelmingly by minority groups for no reason what so ever. Conversely if State of Decay 2 was set in California or Florida, then I would understand completely its change.

If the lore(history) can explain it, based on geographical reasoning (geography changes weather, weather affects culture as well as skin tone) then there is no problem whatsoever.
I agree with this 100%.

If someone thinks its good policy that all factions should have mix of all cultures, then there should be "flawed" factions aka factions where that is not the case. Its terrible faction design if every single one of them does things the "right" way, regardless of what the issue in question is. If there is slavery, some factions should have it and others not etc etc, there should be no universal policy that every faction accepts. Flaws can add a lot of character. So i would be fine with some politically correct factions and some which are the opposite.
Cultural conflicts of all kind could add lot to this game, though its not terribly important either and there definetly are lot of other things that need to be done first.

Last edited:
Npcs feel just fine... the region is supposed to be molded around RL eastern Europe after all. Khuzaits have blended eastern europe/central asian features, and Aserai have middle eastern features. Looking at the full map of the game, we may even end up having stuff like north African/Native American influenced cultures from DLC/Expansions.

As for looks, it feels fine. Maybe reduce the max limit on eye size, but overall it's fine. Very few of us are anywhere near sub-good looking irl, and if we're talking the middle ages... inbreeding was priority #1 for royalty/nobility, and just tended to happen for the rest. Needless to say, inbreeding does not often produce good looks. If anything, the rulers should be more ugly to reflect that.

Actually, it'd be more like this:

Before
webp.net-resizeimage-1.png

After
13420310-7021519-image-a-47_1557709343515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom