Why is every single NPC ugly as sin....and white?

Users who are viewing this thread

Well i find in Warband the Khergit cultural actually looked like Mongols same with Sarranid, in Bannerlord they just like tanned white people. lol
I agree that the mongol inspired people should optimally look more asian, that'd be cool. I'm guessing it has to do with the character generator being tuned for how most of the cultures should look.

As for the arab inspired people.. Personally I tihnk a lot of arab people look very similar to southern europeans, so I think that's perfectly for them to look as they do right now.

Well, the racial makeup of the Sturgians, Battanians, Imperials and Vlandians are what we would call 'European', the racial makeup of the Khuzaits 'Asian' and the racial makeup of the Aserai 'Arab'. So you shouldn't be too surprised when virtually all NPC's from these factions are within this racial confine.

Now, if the complaint rather is that they're not pulling of the 'Asian' and 'Arab' look too well, I'll agree with you there.
Don't worry, mods will fix it.

Well, the racial makeup of the Sturgians, Battanians, Imperials and Vlandians are what we would call 'European', the racial makeup of the Khuzaits 'Asian' and the racial makeup of the Aserai 'Arab'. So you shouldn't be too surprised when virtually all NPC's from these factions are within this racial confine.

Now, if the complaint rather is that they're not pulling of the 'Asian' and 'Arab' look too well, I'll agree with you there.
Don't worry, mods will fix it.
And before the mods I hope Taleworlds will have a look at it, but faces aren't the first priority so I'm pretty alright with it.

I must be looking at different Khuzaits from everyone in this thread, because they clearly look Asian. And the Aserai vary greatly in skintone (as do actual real life Middle Easterners) but tons of them have "Arabic" facial features, and do often have darker skin. The other four factions look white because they're based on medieval European cultures. Even so, the Empire NPCs do often have darker hair and tanned skin.

I'm perplexed that this is even an issue, to be honest.

Last edited:
And before the mods I hope Taleworlds will have a look at it, but faces aren't the first priority so I'm pretty alright with it.
Yes I agree, I do hope Taleworlds puts some more effort into the character customization throughout this EA. But even if they do a good job, or it remains a little bit of a disappointment although good enough, we'll still get mods for these things eventually.

I must be looking at different Khuzaits from everyone in this thread, because they clearly look Asian. And the Aserai vary greatly in skintone (as do actual real life Middle Easterners) but tons of them have "Arabic" facial features, and do often have darker skin. The other four factions look white because they're based on medieval European cultures. Even so, the Empire NPCs do often have darker hair and tanned skin.

I'm perplexed this is even an issue, to be honest.
Yea I agree with you on the Arabic stuff and they clearly made an effort to make the Khuzaits look asian, I just don't tihnk their character creator is entirely up to it.

Fully agreed I also find it weird by how ugly most of the characters are. It's not like the character creation doesn't allow for creating good looking characters. I just think they used randomise option and went with it, but because of that almost all NPCs have unrealistically asymmetric and weird looking faces.
unknown.png

I'm sure it's something that sooner or later will get fixed or simply changed by modders :smile:
And she's named Fishsauce, poor woman doesn't have much going for her :grin:

you can travel from one end of calradia to the other in a couple of days, so my guess would be severe inbreeding.

:lol:

No seriously the ugly faces are a result of randomized faces. Would be nice if for randomizing the sliders would be limited a bit but then again people would probably look too similar to each other.

And yes, calradia is a fictional place inspired by medieval europe and arrabia so you dont expect a lot of black or east asian people there.
Apart from that there are different skin tones in the game you would expect in the regions which are represented.

Fully agreed I also find it weird by how ugly most of the characters are. It's not like the character creation doesn't allow for creating good looking characters. I just think they used randomise option and went with it, but because of that almost all NPCs have unrealistically asymmetric and weird looking faces.
unknown.png

I'm sure it's something that sooner or later will get fixed or simply changed by modders :smile:
Inbreeding?

I mean, if you go to France, Scotland, Ireland and the rest of the british isle during Celtic times you'd expect them to be white.

If you go to northern africa/middle east during those times you'd expect them to be brown. (Fun fact, skin colour was much paler. The Phoenicians and ancient Pharaohs have been said to be rather pale)

I mean seriously my choices of spouse is ugly or even uglier. Dont get me started on every male(edit: and female) NPC regardless of factional culture looking either like a old grizzly white dude or young grumpy white dude.

Wheres our cultural diversity?

Just FYI, im white.
Because lowborn peasants were ugly irl. Lords and ladies I've met so far look good, not ugly. There are no people of colour because the game is set in pre-medieval Europe and not in Africa or somewhere else.

There are no people of colour because the game is set in pre-medieval Europe and not in Africa or somewhere else.
God, anyone making this argument is as inbred as your average Bannerlord NPC. This game is not set in europe, it's set in Calradia. In Calradia, there are cultures based on north-africans and west asians, among others. None of the Khuzaits or Aserai should look remotely like a white person.

Back
Top Bottom