What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bütün Türk arkadaşlarıma: Batılı yalanların sizi aldatmasına izin vermeyin, bir takım olarak birlikte çalışırsak, kafirle mücadeleyi kazanacağız. mustafa kemal atatürk üzerine barış, kocam

*sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh*

A **** religous charlatan tried take over country. Yes, that is the most frightening truth. I want to ask how much shameful is that, my fellow Turkish citizens. But no, triggered by a sarcastic joke and curse throughout all of forum rather than living in shame and making a redemption. These posts of yours are ridiculous.

I would be happy If that joke never made, Cpt.Nemo but it is not a big deal.

Edit: Was it too necessary to close the poll thread at the on-topic section?

He's extending an olive branch, chill Arvenski.

Bjorn The Baker said:
*sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh**sigh*

A **** religous charlatan tried take over country. Yes, that is the most frightening truth. I want to ask how much shameful is that, my fellow Turkish citizens. But no, triggered by a sarcastic joke and curse throughout all of forum rather than living in shame and making a redemption. These posts of yours are ridiculous.

I would be happy If that joke never made, Cpt.Nemo but it is not a big deal.

Genuine shame about the thread, but after this mess it would could just be a magnet for flaming. Wasn't my call either.

Bjorn The Baker said:
Arvenski said:
No one here cares.

And that is totally fine.
But I care.

Maglubiyet: They're meant in jest. In offtopic, people joke about all sorts of things, especially politics and history. Not everything is fair game, but there's quite a bit of leeway tolerated here.

Cpt. Nemo said:
Genuine shame about the thread, but after this mess it would could just be a magnet for flaming. Wasn't my call either.
So now presumably everybody from that thread has migrated here. What.

@Maglubiyet: As Nemo said, those posts were meant in jest. I get that there's a language barrier here, but honestly, you guys don't seem to have any sense of humor.

Maglubiyet said:
Arvenski said:
Cpt. Nemo said:
So now presumably everybody from that thread has migrated here. What.

@Maglubiyet: As Nemo said, those posts were meant in jest. I get that there's a language barrier here, but honestly, you guys don't seem to have any sense of humor.
Some dude on Turkish forums was asking what would happen if Lancer said "a vote for me is a vote for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi?". I think that's a very good example of double standards when it comes to persecution of terrorism. Even here, on a forum that is owned by a Turkish company.

If someone would've said that, I might have laughed. Certainly better than flaming.
And you guys are all about sarcasm, advanced western sense of humor and ****, but Nemo starts crying and swinging the mute hammer the moment someone reacts. From a Turkish point of view, what Lancer said was quite funny too. I guess the language barrier is real but I don't see you guys getting muted or banned.

Well, I did warn Arv because **** off ain't friendly. Khergit posted before I could reprimand him, and his response was quite excessive.

"A vote for me is a vote for Gulen" is funny simply because my opponent was Turkish, Gulen isn't popular in Turkey, and the Turkish section of the Forum is infamous for... this. Brigading Offtopic whenever Gulen is mentioned, or we're on the other side of a Turkish issue. Not genius, but I'm not directly insulting anyone or their families. And was Lancer's post really a joke? It really just seems to be a straightforward, blunt, and crude insult. "I dont wash it" was kinda funny though.

edit: @Nemo, well if you really care, I guess an apology and unmuting Lancer will suffice. Or muting Cyborg Eastern European and yourself for the exact amount of time as Lancer. But the latter seems kind of unpractical.

Not happening. Lancer was directly insulting a user. As for Cyborg and I's jokes, no offense was intended, twas humor. If we had made the jokes in the vote thread, or the Turkish section, you might have a point, but attempts at political and historical humor are allowed in offtopic.

Maglubiyet said:
I guess the language barrier is real but I don't see you guys getting muted or banned.
It's not my place to disclose information about users' warnings, mutes, or bans that I'm not responsible for, but I can say non-specifically that you are absolutely wrong in this case. If someone wants to correct you with a specific example, they may. You could also just look through the last couple of pages in the thread and find them yourself.

[Edit]
See Nemo's post above for the specific example. :lol:

From a Turkish point of view, what Lancer said was quite funny too.
Cool. He should keep his Turkish-appropriate humor in the Turkish boards, and adjust when he comes to the English boards. That's simple courtesy. Know your audience.

Bjorn The Baker said:
Yes. There's not point in giving the Turkish and Off-Topic boards a place to spill over.

Maglubiyet said:
edit: @Nemo, well if you really care, I guess an apology and unmuting Lancer will suffice. Or muting Cyborg Eastern European and yourself for the exact amount of time as Lancer. But the latter seems kind of unpractical.
Lancer told a moderator to **** off, which is tantamount to begging for a mute. Cyborg's post was sarcasm, because it's fairly well known around here that certain political topics can make Turks go ape****. :lol: Nemo's just doing his job and trying to keep things civil. Basically, jokes are fine, direct insults are not.

I'm not a moderator, but if you ask me, if you Turkish guys want to get your underwear in a twist about politics, go ahead, just... not here, please? This isn't the thread for it.

Maglubiyet said:
Orion said:
Cool. He should keep his Turkish-appropriate humor in the Turkish boards, and adjust when he comes to the English boards. That's simple courtesy. Know your audience.

What English are we talking about here? Which one is the official language of this board

English

Although I find your jokes distasteful, I'll compromise and accept that it's just humor. But why doesn't the same thing apply to Lancer, an English speaking Turk who just made a joke that was quite funny to some, even Nemo admits, but some might find distasteful.
He's still directly, literally insulting Arv and his family. And judging by his response of "**** off isn't banter", his intent was to insult Arv, not to make him giggle.

Maglubiyet said:
And when you think about it, terrorism is worse than rimjobs.
:lol:

Maglubiyet said:
Cpt. Nemo said:

Good. Then it encompasses the variant of English Turks speak too, which makes "take it to Turkish forums" an invalid argument.
Except Orion was referring to culture, not spoken language.

However, I'm really touched, it's just terrible Lancer said that about Arv and his family. Thinking about it, you shouldn't have been content with muting Lancer, you should've banned him. No, no, you actually should've hired a hitman and  avenge what he did to Arv and his family. I'm so sorry, Arv, it must be really hard what you're going through.

I'm glad youve realised the severity of the insult, and I'm frankly a little shocked at how much empathy you have for Arv. It's sweet!  :smile:  Hiring a hitman is a little extreme, not to mention illegal though. Normally it'd just be a mute, but if you really want it to be a permaban, I'll see what I can do! Strange, I thought you were just advocating for him, but whatever. /s (this denotes sarcasm, since we are indeed explaining jokes today)

Maglubiyet said:
I don't know, man, someone expressing open support for terrorist organizations might give one the idea that they have that kinda kink.
Nemo wasn't "expressing open support for terrorist organizations", he was making a joke. A joke which, in this part of the forum, could be considered funny. I can understand why you might not find it funny, and I can understand that in the Turkish Forum it might definitely be considered "going too far", but here, the people most likely to read it will consider it a joke, as I'm sure Nemo intended. If he knew that it was going to cause three pages of drama and bull****, I'm fairly sure he wouldn't have posted it.

Maglubiyet said:
However, I'm really touched, it's just terrible Lancer said that about Arv and his family. Thinking about it, you shouldn't have been content with muting Lancer, you should've banned him. No, no, you actually should've hired a hitman and  avenge what he did to Arv and his family. I'm so sorry, Arv, it must be really hard what you're going through.

Seriously, man, **** was intense, what people, including you, were posting were beyond the boundaries of acceptable and Lancer is the only one muted. Even Arv, who said "**** off" before Lancer did is still posting. You really have a weird sense of justice but to each his own I guess.

I better take the word of advice on Turkish forums and steer away before you get offended and start handing out permabans.

But before I go,

LANCER DID NOTHING WRONG.

(^ It's a reference to "Hitler did nothing wrong" meme, since we're explaining jokes today.)
Ugh. Jesus. I honestly thought that maybe you were going to debate this intelligently. I guess not. Here's what happened: I said "**** off" to Lancer and got warned. I knew that was going to happen. Lancer responded with "ur mom", which could in theory have been meant as a joke, given that responses like that are known as the stereotypical insults used by immature English-speaking kids in their early teens, and are sometimes used jokingly by more mature people. However, he himself said that he considered my "**** off" to be serious (which it was), so it makes sense that his response was meant to be serious as well. Therefore, it was flaming/insulting. When called out on that by Nemo, he made his situation worse by telling Nemo to **** off. Insulting a moderator is bound to get you in trouble, so that plus the "ur mom" apparently equaled a mute. That's why he's muted.

Also, the moderators won't permaban you for disagreeing with them, as long as you keep it respectful. They don't do that. I've known moderators, when their moderating has been called into question, to imply that you can either shut up or get warned, but they won't ban you for that unless you throw a massive fit, call everyone names, and be a jerk of epic proportions. Some people have done that and gotten banned, but that's basically been their way of rage-quitting the forum.

Back
Top Bottom