War Thunder, Update 1.97: Swedish Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

https://warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/883

The game files data compression algorithm has been changed. It will significantly increase the ressources loading speed, lowering the amount of freezes and game stuttering for affected computers, and improve performances on dual-core systems. As a result of those changes and due to implementation of the fleet to the War Thunder, the update have to be around 19GB.
:meh:

itaparts.jpg
introducing also the new 3 types of shells:
-Armor Piercing Hot Pizza
-Al Dente
-Hot-Core Anti-Tank Arancino
Made by ANYangeloVV

Ah yes, the Italian food jokes that seem to crop up in every discussion of Italian vehicles in WoT or WT. Just like the French baguette and surrender jokes. I'd be dying of laughter if I wasn't rolling my eyes so much. 

You have several options for destroying the enemy. The most basic is destroying all of the "compartment" components. Basically the entire hull. The second is killing crew. The third and best is destroying the ammo stockpile.

Boat gameplay is pretty different from tanks; it takes some getting used to. I don't think it helps when you join a reserve battle and suddenly find yourself at the helm of a lightly-armed boat going 40-60 mph on a tiny map, surrounded by everyone else in similar boats going 40-60 mph, and the gameplay basically consists of yoloing and hoping you get lucky. Luckily it gets better once you unlock a few ships. I've gotten myself the two rank 1 American sub chasers, the 110-foot and 165-foot ones. I quite like them. I want to really like the 165ft PC-451, because I think she looks super cool, and while she can be an effective fighter, she maneuvers like a brick and presents a target like the broad side of a barn. Speaking of which, make sure to go into your ship controls and set "select primary weapons", "select secondary weapons", and "select anti-aircraft weapons" to keys. Mine weren't bound to any keys at first, so it took me a little while to figure out to set those in order to control the rest of my ships' guns. The AI gunners are useless. I've gotten a few kills in my PC-451 when I've been rushed by torpedo boats but managed to switch over to my 20mm cannons and perforate them.

https://warthunder.com/en/news/5890-development-italian-ground-vehicles-in-the-update-1-85-en

Italian tanks are coming! They have yet to show the whole tech tree though, I'm still hoping they include Hungarian tanks in that one :ohdear:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/435332-update-185-supersonic-preliminary-notes/

New Vehicles

Naval Fleet:

USA
USS Raleigh (CL-7 light cruiser)

Germany
KMS Koln (light cruiser)

USSR
Tashkent (destroyer lead ship)
Krasny Krym (light cruiser)
Moskva (destroyer lead ship)

Great Britain
HMS Dido (light cruiser)
MTB-1 2 series (premium motor torpedo boat)

Ground vehicles:

USA
M3 Bradley

USSR
Т-72А

Great Britain
Sho't Kal Dalet (pack)
Challenger Mk.3
Japan
Type 89

France
AMX-10RC

Italy
AB41
AB43
AS42
Centauro
Centauro ROMOR
FIAT 6614
AUBL/74
L3/33 CC
L6/40
M113A1 (TOW)
M11/39
M14/41
M15/42
M26A1
M36B1
M47 (105/55)
M60A1 "D.C.Ariete" (pack)
OF-40
OF-40 Mk.2A
R3 T106 FA
R3 T20 FA-HS
SIDAM 25
OTOMATIC
P40
Breda 501
47/32 L40
75/18 M41
75/32 M41
90/53 M41M
75/34 M42
105/25 M43
105/25 M43 "G.C.Leoncello" (pack)
75/34 M43
75/46 M43
M4 Tipo IC

Aircraft:

USA
F-100D
F-86F-35 (pack)

USSR
MiG-15bis ISh (pack)
MiG-19PT

Great Britain
Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9
Meteor F.Mk 8 Reaper (pack)

Italy
Re.2001 serie 1
Re.2001 CB
Re.2001 CN

Arvenski said:
I'm not sure Gaijin cares much about WW2 anymore; all they seem to want to do lately, aside from boats,  is keep expanding and expanding the top tiers.

Expanding the top tier is not a goal by itself. It's an objective. This is the only way for them to keep the player base on the floating point. As the updates keep coming by, there are less and less substantive gameplay improvements. The patches only seem to focus on introducing new content. All the adjustments which they brand (or sneak) as 'gameplay improvements', such as dumbing down certain mechanics, shortening match times, shrinking maps are merely improvisations aimed to adapt to an unstable and more divided player base. This is why the game looks more and more like a poorly designed product with bits of features cluttered together.

In short, keep that match maker going.

The Bowman said:
Arvenski said:
I'm not sure Gaijin cares much about WW2 anymore; all they seem to want to do lately, aside from boats,  is keep expanding and expanding the top tiers.
Expanding the top tier is not a goal by itself. It's an objective. This is the only way for them to keep the player base on the floating point.
Is it? Are the top tiers all that most people care about? I can't be the only person who enjoys playing low- to mid-tier planes and tanks for fun, rather than just to grind my way to the top.

Arvenski said:
Is it? Are the top tiers all that most people care about? I can't be the only person who enjoys playing low- to mid-tier planes and tanks for fun, rather than just to grind my way to the top.
The grind to the top and the shortcuts that microtransactions give you are very likely what keeps the money coming for Gaijin, so I can totally understand them always adding a bit on top.
And we also now get the italian tanks with many additional low and mit-tier vehicles, as well as the recent addition of naval forces, which at the moment are only low to mid-tier, so I wouldn't say that they only care about top tier.

They care about staying afloat. They can't do that with regular additions to the mid-tiers without flooding each tech tree with the equivalent of every bloody factory variation on a T-34, because going back to the middle of a tech tree is always going to be easier for the players than climbing onto a wholly new tier.

And...y'know. There's only so many ways to make a Panzer, too.

Back
Top Bottom