SP Medieval European Chronicles of War

Users who are viewing this thread

Untitled-1.png
Hello every body, I would like introduce you: European Chronicles of war.

I am already part of Lemmy's Europe Campaign Map project team: but I decided few months ago (I started on my own in November 2022) to make a mod according to my vision.
The mod is set in the 1300s, at the beginning of the 14th century: Yo achieve this, research was carried out in 5 different languages, I was suggested by a history professor in my city and an archaeologist friend.
Obviously for the convenience of the game some things were changed or left out.

We're working on different features and mechanics.

Join our Server Discord here for more:
https://discord.gg/rnpegzBmg8

Untitled-2_copy.jpg

When the Mod will be released?

We are quite far along in the work, we hope to be able to release the mod as soon as possible. I don't feel like giving an official date.
But we expect before September. When that happens, an official release will be made.

Different features wil be present in the game:
֎ Original Europe Map by Lemmy, plus different new added cities not presents in Europe Map project.
֎ This permit us to represent different countries and kingdoms in a more complete way
֎ The Papacy.
֎ More than 20 factions.
֎ Many cultures at first release of the game
֎ New assets, armors and weapons for reduce the other mod dependency
֎ Many and many, Lords, families, factions historically existed
֎ Unique companions inspired by historical characters
֎ New mercenary companies inspired by historically existing companies
֎ Many new troop trees.

On first release, the kingdoms in the game will be

֎ Byzantine Empire
֎ Castilla y Leon
֎ Golden Horde
֎ Holy Roman Empire
֎ Kingdom of England
֎ Kingdom of Hungary
֎ Kingdom of France
֎ Kingdom of Norge and Sweden
֎ Kingdom of Poland
֎ Mamluk Sultanate
֎ Marinid Sultanate
֎ Reign of Naples and Sicily
֎ Republic of Genoa
֎ Republic of Pisa
֎ Republic of Venice
֎ Status Ecclesiasticus ( the Papacy, with all the possible mechanics that may follow )
Teuton Order

We are planning in a second moment to add more Factions, thanks also to the expansion of the map and by adding more settlements manually.

֎ Novgorod Republic
֎ Hafasyd Sultanate
֎ Ottomans
֎ Ilkhanate
֎ Separate Norge and Sweden

What will be uchronic?
To balance the game in a logical way, some realms, such as the kingdom of Portugal (for example), will not be present.
This is because maritime republics are already present there.
Adding a kingdom consisting of only one city, when it should have a real territorial extension ( Compared with the republics ) , is in my opinion not interesting, and logical in front of the other realms.

You can take a look to the various section to the discord server: https://discord.gg/rnpegzBmg8
We are always looking for people who want to contribute...
You can look in the Recruitment section

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

2023-02-26_13.png

image.png

Thank you all :smile:
In anticipation, what is the actual year of kick-off ?

Circa 1300 Sicily would be Aragonese, Naples Angevin ........ but " Reign of Naples and Sicily " ?
Lisbon is on your map, but Portugal is specifically mentioned as " not present " - do you mean ........ not a " playable faction " ?
Likewise Aragon ? Yet Aragon was indeed a real power at this time.
And then, are you considering Granada, Cyprus, Serbia, Bulgaria, all relatively important and dynamic early 14th century actors ..........and, surely, Scotland?

Last edited:
In anticipation, what is the actual year of kick-off ?

Circa 1300 Sicily would be Aragonese, Naples Angevin ........ but " Reign of Naples and Sicily " ?
Lisbon is on your map, but Portugal is specifielatively important and dynamic early 14th century actors ..........and, surely, Scotland?

Hello

So, the mod is set in the 1300s.

I know all these states and their contributions. But I preferred not to include them, at least for now, until a solution is found.
This is because, related to the size of the map,( i depend always from EuropeMap by Lemmy) and the presence of republics like Venice and Genoa, I don't find it interesting to create factions or kingdoms that should be much larger, represented only by a city and maybe a castle.

That is why there is no kingdom of Denmark, or Portugal, for example.
At least for now... in bannerlord, such states would last 1 or 2 years. Because they would surely be invaded by their neighbours.
As for Cyprus, at least for now there is no possibility of putting a city on the island, because there just isn't room physically.

I have added several settlements manually ( that are not present in Lemmy Map and in any other mod based on it so), as to create a more balanced kingdom of Poland and Hungary and Holy roman empire.

This will also allow me in the future, to add Ilkhanate, and the Ottomans, leaving a good number of settlements to the Byzantine empire and so on.

But in some cases it is not enough to create all those smaller states like Serbia, or Cyprus, or Granada or Majorca (which always belonged to Aragon).

In cases such as sweden and norway, or the kingdom of sicily, in which Naples is always of the Angevins, but in which, taramite the encyclopaedia, and talking to the various characters, I have justified their union or vassalage.

I did not simply create a united kingdom of Sicily and Naples, but justified why it happened, even if uchronic.
This is because, as I said before, I prefer, in my vision, to play with real Factions (with a few exceptions) more than turning the mod into a "Calradia shattered kingdoms"

I hope I've answered your questions, everything I've said, doesn't mean that there can't be different developments, because by finding a solution to these problems obviously, the mod evolves

Hello

So, the mod is set in the 1300s.

I know all these states and their contributions. But I preferred not to include them, at least for now, until a solution is found.
I hope I've answered your questions, everything I've said, doesn't mean that there can't be different developments, because by finding a solution to these problems obviously, the mod evolves

I think what you are doing is still great.
Sure, it has to be a playable game foremost, and it is never a history simulator anyway, once the player gets going ......
So, Glasgow is in the Kingdom of England, Copenhagen is a city of " Sweden ", Lisbon is incorporated into Castilla y Leon ( along with the historical Kingdom of Aragon ), Palermo is in the Kingdom of Naples " and Sicily " and is not in Spanish hands here so Naples ( and not Aragon ) can be the viable game faction, etc ..........OK
( By the same token, you could simplify further and do without the Hafasyds, and Ottomans, for this, the early 14th Century )

Personally, I am most looking forward to the Baltic - northeast theatre - Novgorod, " Sweden ", Teutonic Knights, Poland, Hungary, Golden Horde ......

Best of luck !

Last edited:
Hello

Acctually I'm figuring out how to inert Scotland and maybe I found a way.

I'm part of lemmyMap team, we're are woking on the Rus part now, so in the map I will add the principality of Novgorod.
Teutonic order is already present in baltic region, and with rus expanion from LemmyMap, I will imrpove them.

Poland, Hungary and Golden Horde are already present.

Hafaysd,Ottomans and Ilkahnate: I've the way to add more cities, so imrpove balance and number of factions. this is why also I will add them.

And obviously we're working on some features that those faction will balance:
In early 14th century Jacque de Molay the last Knight templar order grand Master was rising founds for launch a new crusade, until Philippe le Bel arrest him, and so on.
I put Jacques into the game, but with a fake identity, so will be the player to discover who is and what he is doing.
But the idea of a new crusade rests, and that gave us possibility to launch some features. Cross the fingers...

Thx :smile:

Last edited:
Hello

Acctually I'm figuring out how to inert Scotland and maybe I found a way.

I'm part of lemmyMap team, we're are woking on the Rus part now, so in the map I will add the principality of Novgorod.
Teutonic order is already present in baltic region, and with rus expanion from LemmyMap, I will imrpove them.

Poland, Hungary and Golden Horde are already present.

Hafaysd,Ottomans and Ilkahnate: I've the way to add more cities, so imrpove balance and number of factions. this is why also I will add them.

And obviously we're working on some features that those faction will balance:
In early 14th century Jacque de Molay the last Knight templar order grand Master was rising founds for launch a new crusade, until Philippe le Bel arrest him, and so on.
I put Jacques into the game, but with a fake identity, so will be the player to discover who is and what he is doing.
But the idea of a new crusade rests, and that gave us possibility to launch some features. Cross the fingers...

Thx :smile:
Hi, is this project still ongoing? Will it be a singleplayer mod or a multiplayer mod (or both)?

Much respect for embarking on such a challenging project!

Back
Top Bottom