SP - General Shields with javelins stucks on it should be drammaticaly heavier and difficult to handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi ! :smile:
I love Bannerlord and I love ancient history. A common tactic used to be to throw a javelin into a wooden shield. The javelin, stuck in it made the shield much heavier and much more difficult to handle, especially for hand grip shields in comparison to arm grip ones. The attacked could use the javelin as a lever to make the shield bearer lower its shield and expose its head.
Pila were even designed to partially break or bend. So throwing back a pilum you've got out of your shield used to be ineffective.

I'd love to be able to throw pila or javelins on opponents' wooden shields and to use them to lower them or just to make them heavier/more difficult to manipulate !
BTW I love your game, keep doing great !

Hi ! :smile:
I love Bannerlord and I love ancient history. A common tactic used to be to throw a javelin into a wooden shield. The javelin, stuck in it made the shield much heavier and much more difficult to handle, especially for hand grip shields in comparison to arm grip ones. The attacked could use the javelin as a lever to make the shield bearer lower its shield and expose its head.
Pila were even designed to partially break or bend. So throwing back a pilum you've got out of your shield used to be ineffective.

I'd love to be able to throw pila or javelins on opponents' wooden shields and to use them to lower them or just to make them heavier/more difficult to manipulate !
BTW I love your game, keep doing great !

I wrote this thread during the beta and it was valid for both singleplayer and multiplayer.
I copied it in the singleplayer feedback and suggestion section,and i added a POLL.
Since you are interested in the topic, it would be excellent if you read it and cast your vote, and would share it with at least the other users who are interested in this topic.
I hope I didn't seem intrusive, in case I apologize.

The plural of pilum is either pilums or pila, both terms are accepted. source
I wrote this thread during the beta and it was valid for both singleplayer and multiplayer.
I copied it in the singleplayer feedback and suggestion section,and i added a POLL.
Since you are interested in the topic, it would be excellent if you read it and cast your vote, and would share it with at least the other users who are interested in this topic.
I hope I didn't seem intrusive, in case I apologize.
Great topic, you did a really nice description and analysis of the problem ! I'm sure it will help the developpers ! I just read it and casted my vote :smile:

Back
Top Bottom