Scenes. TW are you going to do anything about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

The thing I find neat about that quest is that it registers the characters' appearance options, like what they're wearing or equipped with, hairstyle, beard, scars, etc. I think that kind of functionality could have interesting roleplay impact if it was taken advantage of. Like for example, lords could comment on your appearance or scold you for dressing like their enemies. There could be real disguise mechanics and who knows what else. Sadly, I think that one quest is as far as they'll ever take it.
LOL first thought: your naked! Guards put him into the prison=campaign info "playername will be imprisoned because of rudeness" (loose all items XD)

They don't sell it, but they are almost always there, so I choose to speak to him, or her, and not with a random merchant or entering in the city by others means.
Ah ok thx for the precision.
Wait I thought that thing is bugged and the thugs don't spawn anymore. Is that already fixed?

By the way, the spy quest probably gives you the most interaction with the town scenes. I love that quest, and how people in Bannerlord actually carry goods and stuff.
Mmmm I just checked 2 towns backstreets, and couldn't find any thugs...
Is it a bug officialy reported?
And yes, the spy quest is also another occasion to get in town, it is a good quest.

Possible solution could be to force players to visit notables in towns before being able to quick talk to them, or adding events like being ambushed by bandits if entering a town at night (especially if you don't have good relations with gang leaders), or more missions like the one you have to ask folk in town for a spy

Possible solution could be to force players to visit notables in towns before being able to quick talk to them, or adding events like being ambushed by bandits if entering a town at night (especially if you don't have good relations with gang leaders), or more missions like the one you have to ask folk in town for a spy
They cannot force it, they have to motivate the players to go to the scenes, because it is their work that is being wasted, they would probably have something to do there, but maybe they have decided to stop developing it, there are immense possibilities, since raids where slaves are captured and civilians killed, macabre I know, even physical interaction with the environment, where we could build houses, bridges etc., search and capture someone, discover legendary weapons and armor, I don’t know, but something has to to be done or it can almost be said that this work already done was a complete waste of time, money and art.

It's generally a bad design to force players this way.
Like mentioned by Gandamula, they have to motivate us to visit those scenes, not placing certain mecanics behind a " Visit-Wall".
This is a snake biting his own tail at this point, the game is too shallow, so there is no depth to visit those scenes and do something meaningful on it, instead of buying workshops I mean.

In TES Oblivion (2006) you could hear NPCs commenting about the recent events triggered by certain quests, so you could hear rumors here and there, adding an amount of depth to the living world you're currently sitting.
I feel like M&B could be vastly inproved this way, the foundations are quite there when you talk to caravans ( if you get the chance to actually meet them, since they are pretty fast )

Being able to decrypt what's the next move from the logic of the game from NPCs before you can see it from a less-than-alive notification is what I can generally call a good design, and what could possibly make players spend more time on cities. Khuzaits want to go to war ? Let's spread this rumor on any Cities bordering the Kingdom.

It's generally a bad design to force players this way.
Like mentioned by Gandamula, they have to motivate us to visit those scenes, not placing certain mecanics behind a " Visit-Wall".
This is a snake biting his own tail at this point, the game is too shallow, so there is no depth to visit those scenes and do something meaningful on it, instead of buying workshops I mean.

In TES Oblivion (2006) you could hear NPCs commenting about the recent events triggered by certain quests, so you could hear rumors here and there, adding an amount of depth to the living world you're currently sitting.
I feel like M&B could be vastly inproved this way, the foundations are quite there when you talk to caravans ( if you get the chance to actually meet them, since they are pretty fast )

Being able to decrypt what's the next move from the logic of the game from NPCs before you can see it from a less-than-alive notification is what I can generally call a good design, and what could possibly make players spend more time on cities. Khuzaits want to go to war ? Let's spread this rumor on any Cities bordering the Kingdom.
Some of that is in there, if you talk to enough NPCs theyll mention wars, sieges, notables, and lords. Of course it is mostly random and not particularly useful.

I do love that radiant design of Oblivion and Skyrim...except the fact they only use like 15 voice actors for 1700 characters lol

Of course it is mostly random and not particularly useful.
That's the catch ! After a couple of hours the vast majority of players knows that it isn't useful, it isn't dynamically there I mean.
I do not think it is particulary hard to make a system which act like a "forecast" to the events presented in Calradia, adding a little bit of depth on those dialogues, it's totally doable for a junior dev technically speaking, I'm not sure if it's what TW want as a design.

Yeah that's the hiccup with Bethesda Games, I hope their next game, Starfield will enhance the formula.

Wait I thought that thing is bugged and the thugs don't spawn anymore. Is that already fixed?

By the way, the spy quest probably gives you the most interaction with the town scenes. I love that quest, and how people in Bannerlord actually carry goods and stuff.
Actually it can be that if the gangleader has no influence on the Backstreet, the other gang leader doesn't take over the Backstreet and as a result the Backstreet is empty. The streets get also empty if you daily kick the thiefes around. At some point the gang leader has not enough gold to hire new thiefs(i think)

Is it a bug officialy reported?
Yes. Here. Last reply was 15 April so it's pretty recent.

Actually it can be that if the gangleader has no influence on the Backstreet, the other gang leader doesn't take over the Backstreet and as a result the Backstreet is empty. The streets get also empty if you daily kick the thiefes around. At some point the gang leader has not enough gold to hire new thiefs(i think)
Will try to see if that's the case. I rarely walk around town so I have no idea.

I seem to be in a perpetual state of war with at least 2 factions and cannot remember the last time I visited any town/village scene for purpose or pleasure. My gameplay literally consists of swatting armies, selling loot/prisoners and cheesing broken sieges.

What impresses me most in all this, is the complete waste of time, resources and talent in the creation of scenes that no one uses. We have cities and towns where dozens of Taleworlds employees have put their efforts and then no one has been able to give it a role in the game.

This is indicative of a serious crisis of management and disorganization, it is impressive that, perhaps 6 GB of work, creation, talent of some TW employees , is used only in less than 1% of our playtime.
made a post about this back in feb (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-give-us-more-incentive-to-visit-them.439632/) honestly i think TW have given up

You mean scenes.
Scenarios are a cool idea though. They might set up a particular game state and give you a role and a special victory goal. With special rules and scripted events and everything.
About the scenes, it's best if they give you Easter egg quests to search the whole scene for hidden stuff. That way the scenes would be 100% utilized.
Would be great if tied into the starting positions. And not only for conquest. Nice. Lets make a modders-wishlist where we gather all the ideas that wont be implemented in the basegame.

Easter eggs like hidden Quali Gems or unusual weapons are all well and good but pretty basic and played out since ...well Zork I (1980). Far more exciting would be unusual characters (both friendly and villain) you could only run into by hunting them down throughout the city. Add to that have a chance of running into enemy Lords whose party is in the city at the same time as yours and the potential for spur of the moment fighting right there on the city streets until the guards come crashing down on the both of youse.

None of that should be that difficult should they have the motivation - which it seems they just dont

Possible solution could be to force players to visit notables in towns before being able to quick talk to them
I think we should come from the position of "making the player want to explore scenes with optional things", rather than forcing them to explore scenes.

The scenes should be considered an interesting backdrop to different gameplay, as opposed to something the player is forced to run through so they can get back to playing the game.

or adding events like being ambushed by bandits if entering a town at night (especially if you don't have good relations with gang leaders), or more missions like the one you have to ask folk in town for a spy
Yeah, these are both good.
I made a thread of possible suggestions for somewhat interesting things to do in towns which also tie back into the main game.

Atleast we know that we will get one more use for them in one of the next updates when keep battles are introduced. TW said that they would use the whole scene there much more then before because the defenders retreat trough the streets of the town.

I had a thread going about this subject w about a dozen posts before it was destroyed and merged into some unrelated thread

The scenes do have a purpose, battles. It is not a waste of time to have unique scenes for each location. You are arguing TW should do more by saying they have done too much already. The problem is that they haven’t done enough. The game isnt finished.

And we should all encourage TW (within reason) to continue developing until satisfied. Not because we hate the the game, but because we want the game that isnt yet finished. If you are not satisfied make that clear and dont buy future games.

I just checked and it doesn't seem to be the case. I think it's indeed a bug. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Back
Top Bottom