Scenes. TW are you going to do anything about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
What impresses me most in all this, is the complete waste of time, resources and talent in the creation of scenes that no one uses. We have cities and towns where dozens of Taleworlds employees have put their efforts and then no one has been able to give it a role in the game.

This is indicative of a serious crisis of management and disorganization, it is impressive that, perhaps 6 GB of work, creation, talent of some TW employees , is used only in less than 1% of our playtime.

Last edited:
You mean scenes.
Scenarios are a cool idea though. They might set up a particular game state and give you a role and a special victory goal. With special rules and scripted events and everything.
About the scenes, it's best if they give you Easter egg quests to search the whole scene for hidden stuff. That way the scenes would be 100% utilized.

You mean scenes.
Scenarios are a cool idea though. They might set up a particular game state and give you a role and a special victory goal. With special rules and scripted events and everything.
About the scenes, it's best if they give you Easter egg quests to search the whole scene for hidden stuff. That way the scenes would be 100% utilized.
Fixed. ?My English... ?

What impresses me most in all this, is the complete waste of time, resources and talent in the creation of scenarios that no one uses. We have cities and towns where dozens of Taleworlds employees have put their efforts and then no one has been able to give it a role in the game.

This is indicative of a serious crisis of management and disorganization, it is impressive that, perhaps 6 GB of work, creation, talent of some TW employees , is used only in less than 1% of our playtime.
Scenes, totally agree, they are awesome but almost nothing to do there, I would love to know if it is intended or they have plans to add some contents there.

I absolutely loved when I went into my castle keep and found my wife checking a book but then I spoke with her and got the same plain dialog as always...

Indeed, towns scenes are not used to their full potential so far.
Except when buying a workshop, fighting in alleys or just strolling around.
Villages scenes are already used for some quests though.
But yeah, basically it will never reach the level of a pure RPG level, where scenes are the only way to interact with NPCs.
Quick talk option is also a consequence for not visiting town center/tavern as well.

Indeed, towns scenes are not used to their full potential so far.
Except when buying a workshop, fighting in alleys or just strolling around.
Villages scenes are already used for some quests though.
But yeah, basically it will never reach the level of a pure RPG level, where scenes are the only way to interact with NPCs.
Quick talk option is also a consequence for not visiting town center/tavern as well.
It's funny because in my first gameplay I made those quests and I thought to my self that they could made more quests and gave us a taste of skyrim in those scenes, but now in my 30th gameplay, or else, I simply don't go anywhere, even when I go to buy a workshop I talk with a gang leader, because they are there. Deep down I feel guilty for not using the work of many people, but in reality there is no real call to go there.

It's funny because in my first gameplay I made those quests and I thought to my self that they could made more quests and gave us a taste of skyrim in those scenes, but now in my 30th gameplay, or else, I simply don't go anywhere, even when I go to buy a workshop I talk with a gang leader, because they are there. Deep down I feel guilty for not using the work of many people, but in reality there is no real call to go there.
Yeah, I had the same hopes early on. The scenes are so beautifully crafted, it would've been amazing if there was a reason to explore them. Unfortunately, the beauty and detail of the scenes actually seems to work against them being used for serious gameplay since they all take so damn long to load already. Even if they did intend to add more things to do inside the scenes, they'd have to add even more elements which would just make the load times even longer. Forget about Skyrim-style exploration, it would be like launching a new game every time you entered a village.

In the end they had to add quick talk just so you can get your business done without minutes of loading each time, and the whole purpose of having beautiful scenes in the first place is entirely negated. So all that effort gone to waste.

Agreed...since it seems (unfortunately) fairly certain that the game won't be as complex as we thought it would, then we'd better off focusing on adding meaningful content and fixing critical stuff like sieges. And if the sieges fix is something to be done individually per scene, one by one, then adding more scenes means even more work to fix them...

I'll just stroll around the battlements and take in the scenery just for something different to do, they really are nicely done...

Oh I didn't know we could buy the workshop directly from the gang leader quick talk screen...
I will ignore it so I still have few reasons to visit towns :xf-wink:

Yeah, just walk up to some thugs and ignore their pointed request to **** off. It will start a fight.
Wait I thought that thing is bugged and the thugs don't spawn anymore. Is that already fixed?

By the way, the spy quest probably gives you the most interaction with the town scenes. I love that quest, and how people in Bannerlord actually carry goods and stuff.

By the way, the spy quest probably gives you the most interaction with the town scenes. I love that quest, and how people in Bannerlord actually carry goods and stuff.
The thing I find neat about that quest is that it registers the characters' appearance options, like what they're wearing or equipped with, hairstyle, beard, scars, etc. I think that kind of functionality could have interesting roleplay impact if it was taken advantage of. Like for example, lords could comment on your appearance or scold you for dressing like their enemies. There could be real disguise mechanics and who knows what else. Sadly, I think that one quest is as far as they'll ever take it.

Oh I didn't know we could buy the workshop directly from the gang leader quick talk screen...
I will ignore it so I still have few reasons to visit towns :xf-wink:
They don't sell it, but they are almost always there, so I choose to speak to him, or her, and not with a random merchant or entering in the city by others means.

Back
Top Bottom