Why does it take so long to develop a new update? The answer is: "Development Caution"

Users who are viewing this thread

There was a interesting video that went wild 2 weeks ago from someone named Timothy Cain. For those who dont know, Cain was a lead developer for the fallout games. He explains that in todays gaming development process that it takes an exceptionally long time to do simplified coding procedures that would, in his day take a couple hours where as today it takes a week.

^Video posted above.

The only reason why TW is pushing updates every 3-4 months is because of a serious lack of confidence in their ability to pump out meaningful content. Why do you think modders like Bloc can give the players content that adds to the QoL to a game? Now, there are some developers out there who can pump out updates pretty quickly (1-2 months) and have serious changes involved. Why is that? Is it a lack of talent? Who knows.....

It seems the pace of content that we are getting from TW is abysmally slow and lacks clear direction (start an Action plan and develop some KPI's). We also need an updated roadmap. I mean, what the hell are we working towards? Please, TW, help us out here

If anyone here had any semblance of self-awareness and reflection they would realize TW could never win.

TW Moves fast and causes issues: "WTF is wrong with them can't they code how hard could this be stop breaking the game!!!"

TW Moves slow and people want faster: "WTF is wrong with them can't they code how hard could this be stop killing the game!!!"

The fact you can even make this type of post, psychoanalyzing these devs is insane and why most developers have a dedicated PR arm that handles any sort of interaction with fans.

I mean examples of double standards are everywhere. You want faster updates? There are literally posts in the beta patch thread complaining about the frequent hotfixes breaking mods.

On the other hand gamers talk a big game about devs taking their time, no crunch, working out of passion and not for money, but Valheim has taken this to the extreme and now people are hating on them for taking too long.

If anyone here had any semblance of self-awareness and reflection they would realize TW could never win.

TW Moves fast and causes issues: "WTF is wrong with them can't they code how hard could this be stop breaking the game!!!"

TW Moves slow and people want faster: "WTF is wrong with them can't they code how hard could this be stop killing the game!!!"

The fact you can even make this type of post, psychoanalyzing these devs is insane and why most developers have a dedicated PR arm that handles any sort of interaction with fans.

I mean examples of double standards are everywhere. You want faster updates? There are literally posts in the beta patch thread complaining about the frequent hotfixes breaking mods.
It was never about 'winning'; if it was, that is their PR's job to do but that job is not being done well with TW anyways (at least within their own forums). Basic communication can alleviate a lot of these player-made presumptions; TW doesn't care either way. The last hotfix they did was to a beta branch that was out for nearly 3+ months already; nothing 'hot' about that.
On the other hand gamers talk a big game about devs taking their time, no crunch, working out of passion and not for money, but Valheim has taken this to the extreme and now people are hating on them for taking too long.
I've stopped following Valheim, but afaik, that game is still in EA though right? Bannerlord isn't, that's the difference.

The difference between LOVE and WORK ! Modders do the coding for the love of the game, Employees do the coding for the $$$$ and don't give a <<poo emoji>> about the game. Always been the away.

The difference between LOVE and WORK ! Modders do the coding for the love of the game, Employees do the coding for the $$$$ and don't give a <<poo emoji>> about the game. Always been that way.

All employees should be SACKED and replaced by lovers.
That is the cruel backside of capitalism. People chasing salery insteed of passion. Also means we usually get the wrong person at the wrong job and this can have catastrofic effect. If all salerys was the same. People would chase passion insteed.

It was noticeable right from the start.
What do you mean? All TW had to do was add features to the game from Warband that players would like! But they can't add things like Ironman mode because the players won't like that. But they have to patch the game! But they can't because mods will break and how could TW do that.

This happens in every single community for a game and I swear to god I'm going to lose my damn mind.

Everyone is game developers I see. Well some are just part of the community, but thats exactly the same as being a developer... Or at least, it seem like it

Everyone is game developers I see. Well some are just part of the community, but thats exactly the same as being a developer... Or at least, it seem like it
This is a silly statement equivalent to a restaurant customer complaining about quality, service etc and being met with "so everyone here has an MBA in how to run a business I see". One needn't be a game developer to be able to judge the output of a product they bought.

The forum needs to chill and look at SteamDB looks like stuff is happening there something called worldmap maybe it's modding related or new factions coming?

The forum needs to chill and look at SteamDB looks like stuff is happening there something called worldmap maybe it's modding related or new factions coming?
The "worldmap" branch on Steam is a build we've prepared for a Closed Test with a few modders. The build aims to address world map-related modding issues as well as long module loading times and more.

This is a silly statement equivalent to a restaurant customer complaining about quality, service etc and being met with "so everyone here has an MBA in how to run a business I see". One needn't be a game developer to be able to judge the output of a product they bought.
Did you actually read the comments? lol

Back
Top Bottom