Rambo-Cav in captain mode

Is Rambo-cav gameplay a problem for captain mode ?

• No i quite like it. It reward good skills, and i'm ready to wait the end of the fight

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No this is a problem, cavalery going one by one is totally stupid, and it takes forever

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • I don't care with your silly questions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Here is who it will help: the developers. The developers are reading the complaints of the Captain's mode players who are phrasing and presenting their arguments in a manner that paints the game of Captain's mode as a mode that is intrinsically flawed due to the intrinsically unbalanced mechanics and parameters of the game. This is not true.

The mechanics of Captain's mode are more or less balanced aside from a few quirks of the AI. The skill differential between Captain's mode players and Skirmish mode players is what lends the false assumption that there is an imbalance with the game mechanics.

And here is the problem with the argument that I have seen parroted here many times by several different people of "this is a casual gamemode, please save us from the big mean skirmish players!".

If this is indeed a casual game mode, then why does there exist entire clans and teams which play this game mode exclusively?

If this is indeed a casual game mode, then why does there exist several tournaments which have cash prize pools which are actually greater in value than any skirmish league tournaments?

If this is indeed nothing but a casual game mode, then why does there exist among many members of your community a sense of pride in which they brag about the tournament exploits of their Captain's clan, and a type of braggadocious swagger as they describe themselves as a "competitive Captain's mode player" ?

Are these factors not the antithesis of what you would expect from a "casual" game mode?

Here is the truth of the matter. You Captain's mode players who are so eager to denigrate competitive Skirmish mode players by tossing out the cheap accusation that we have oversized ego's are truly, and ironically the ones with the massive egotistical complex. You want to call yourselves good at something, competitive players in this Captain's game mode, and you succeeded in your endeavor up until the point that you faced true skill.

Skill is not something that can be accumulated from mindless mosh-pits of inf fights, or learning how to time your swing on horseback to kill brainless AI. It's something that is garnered over months and years of grinding. When I am an archer, in an average "casual" RaT party pickup (which people play non-seriously for fun), I am facing a team of six other thinking, strategizing, human beings who are giving me #1 prioritization trying to kill me. Between them, on average, exists 6000-7000 skirmish games where they have likely outplayed tens of thousands of archers over tens of thousands of situations, these archers also being thinking, strategizing, human beings trying to kill their opponent and not die. In addition to this, a facet widespread in the actual competitive Bannerlord community, exists the fact that the six people I am facing likely have between them, on average, 10-15 thousand hours in Warband, often competitive Warband, where they faced an even higher level of competition and strategy than Bannerlord has ever offered during its existence (and probably ever will). During this period of competitive play, they killed tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of archers between them, meaning they outplayed archers over hundreds of thousands of potential situations, and here I am, with a bow, and I have to avoid these six players and outplay the multitude of strategies they can bring against me with this experience, and I certainly do not have a squad of bots to save me. You Captain's mode players, in your facile complacency, expected to be able to go toe to toe with these individuals who have spent veritable years sharpening their skills off of each other, more akin and less than kind to a flintknapper, breaking off pieces of their soul, struggling through the cognitive dissonance of loss, and having the courage -- or the plain stubbornness, to face the same situations over and over again until they become less of a man and more of an edge fit to cut through any competition that faces them.

And you all have proven that you will never be as effective competitors as they are. Do you want to know why? Because you have MASSIVE egos. When a true competitive skirmish player takes a loss, they swallow their pride, admit their defeat, and then have the courage to face their vanquisher again and again until they have improved enough to claim victory. You on the other hand, as a community, have taken the coward's route, the route of women, and instead of admitting you were bested and taking a deep look at the problems you have as players, you instead blame the game and make forum threads like petulant children demanding that the game be fixed.

You don't even know what you want. There is no manner that you can patch this mode and still have it be a skill-based mode that is not entirely dependent on faction matchup and luck, that you will ever be able to best the superior competitors that will come from actual multiplayer modes. You are glorified singleplayer players and I petition that your entire game mode should be moved to the singleplayer menu, so people do not confuse it with an actual multiplayer PVP experience.

Sad!
You're taking this way to personal. If i had known i would hurt your feelings i would have refrained from my comments. Im deeply sorry to have hurt your feelings

The mechanics of Captain's mode are more or less balanced aside from a few quirks of the AI. The skill differential between Captain's mode players and Skirmish mode players is what lends the false assumption that there is an imbalance with the game mechanics.
Those few quiks go a long way. I agree that most players need to look at themselves before stating that the game needs to be changed due to lack of pvp skill.
If this is indeed a casual game mode, then why does there exist entire clans and teams which play this game mode exclusively?
Can casual games not have friend groups that work together? What is the point you are making?
If this is indeed a casual game mode, then why does there exist several tournaments which have cash prize pools which are actually greater in value than any skirmish league tournaments?
The same game can be played casually and competitively. When you solo queue public skirmish games are you competitively playing? For example, from what I recall Rainbow Six Siege had a casual and ranked game mode. They were exactly the same but one puts you in games with players close to your skill level.
And you all have proven that you will never be as effective competitors as they are. Do you want to know why? Because you have MASSIVE egos. When a true competitive skirmish player takes a loss, they swallow their pride, admit their defeat, and then have the courage to face their vanquisher again and again until they have improved enough to claim victory. You on the other hand, as a community, have taken the coward's route, the route of women, and instead of admitting you were bested and taking a deep look at the problems you have as players, you instead blame the game and make forum threads like petulant children demanding that the game be fixed.
That's the biggest load of horse**** I have ever read. Skirmish players do get pissy all the same. Players who mostly play skirmish, have taken the coward's route, the route of women, and instead of admitting you were bested and taking a deep look at the problems you have as players, you instead blame the game and make forum threads like petulant children demanding that the game be fixed.

Why are you getting so mad over a game mode you don't even play ?

Sad!

Here is who it will help: the developers. The developers are reading the complaints of the Captain's mode players who are phrasing and presenting their arguments in a manner that paints the game of Captain's mode as a mode that is intrinsically flawed due to the intrinsically unbalanced mechanics and parameters of the game. This is not true.

And here is the problem with the argument that I have seen parroted here many times by several different people of "this is a casual gamemode, please save us from the big mean skirmish players!".

If this is indeed nothing but a casual game mode, then why does there exist among many members of your community a sense of pride in which they brag about the tournament exploits of their Captain's clan, and a type of braggadocious swagger as they describe themselves as a "competitive Captain's mode player" ?

Are these factors not the antithesis of what you would expect from a "casual" game mode?

Here is the truth of the matter. You Captain's mode players who are so eager to denigrate competitive Skirmish mode players by tossing out the cheap accusation that we have oversized ego's are truly, and ironically the ones with the massive egotistical complex. You want to call yourselves good at something, competitive players in this Captain's game mode, and you succeeded in your endeavor up until the point that you faced true skill.

Skill is not something that can be accumulated from mindless mosh-pits of inf fights, or learning how to time your swing on horseback to kill brainless AI. It's something that is garnered over months and years of grinding. When I am an archer, in an average "casual" RaT party pickup (which people play non-seriously for fun), I am facing a team of six other thinking, strategizing, human beings who are giving me #1 prioritization trying to kill me. Between them, on average, exists 6000-7000 skirmish games where they have likely outplayed tens of thousands of archers over tens of thousands of situations, these archers also being thinking, strategizing, human beings trying to kill their opponent and not die. In addition to this, a facet widespread in the actual competitive Bannerlord community, exists the fact that the six people I am facing likely have between them, on average, 10-15 thousand hours in Warband, often competitive Warband, where they faced an even higher level of competition and strategy than Bannerlord has ever offered during its existence (and probably ever will). During this period of competitive play, they killed tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of archers between them, meaning they outplayed archers over hundreds of thousands of potential situations, and here I am, with a bow, and I have to avoid these six players and outplay the multitude of strategies they can bring against me with this experience, and I certainly do not have a squad of bots to save me. You Captain's mode players, in your facile complacency, expected to be able to go toe to toe with these individuals who have spent veritable years sharpening their skills off of each other, more akin and less than kind to a flintknapper, breaking off pieces of their soul, struggling through the cognitive dissonance of loss, and having the courage -- or the plain stubbornness, to face the same situations over and over again until they become less of a man and more of an edge fit to cut through any competition that faces them.

You don't even know what you want. There is no manner that you can patch this mode and still have it be a skill-based mode that is not entirely dependent on faction matchup and luck, that you will ever be able to best the superior competitors that will come from actual multiplayer modes. You are glorified singleplayer players and I petition that your entire game mode should be moved to the singleplayer menu, so people do not confuse it with an actual multiplayer PVP experience.

Sad!
I sincerely hope this post is some kind of elaborate troll.

The amount of hubris and ignorance in your post is astounding, even for this forum. You’ve basically admitted that you would like nothing more than to eradicate a community of hundreds of players for the sole reason that they enjoy playing the game differently from you. The only thing that Ling and the Captains League have done to prompt this grave offense is to host a tournament with organized clans and “cash prize pools” (is this about money or something?). I’ve never seen anyone in Captains League brag about being a “competitive captain mode player,” and even if they had, the fact that you would take this seriously enough to be a personal affront against whatever competitive integrity you believe this game to have is enough proof that your arguments stem entirely from a desperate defense of your barely intact ego. The way you talk about “competitive skirmish mode players” as the pinnacle of manhood is perhaps the most cringe inducing statement I have ever seen on this forum, and I hope to god that this does not reflect the majority of the skirmish community’s opinions of themselves.

You are among a small minority of the multiplayer community who have tried to justify their thousands of hours wasted on a videogame by turning Bannerlord into some kind of “e-sport”. It's okay for e-sports to exist in Bannerlord’s multiplayer, but you won’t be satisfied until the entire game revolves around your warped notions of what a videogame should be. You are the reason why the class system exists, why there are no custom servers, and in short, why the Bannerlord multiplayer community is currently on life support.

I’m not going to try to understand where this kind of superiority complex comes from, nor do I wish to. Your post should be placed alongside works like Mein Kampf, Fifty Shades of Grey, and Elliot Rodger's Manifesto, to be read solely by scholars who study history's most insane justifications of evil. Your mindset is explicitly anti-fun, and if put into action would be the destruction of the Mount & Blade franchise.

Last edited:
This whole thread is just pathetic now...

Rambo was banned in NW because it made games unfun - it does the same in bannerlord. I really don't give a crap who want's to size up their e-penis; I have no intention of ever playing a tournament on Bannerlord... The point is having someone on your team or the enemy team doing this spoils the game.

Not because it is effective (most people doing it are incompetent I find); but because it destroys the intention of the game mode. The moment the meta becomes 6v6 players using bots as respawns this mode is pointless and might as well be skirmish.

Again I must reiterate I really really REALLY don't care who won some stupid tournament on a game with about 100 players... it's like winning at a card game you invented and play with your mates. I just want TW to address the issue that is making this game mode less fun to play.

When a true competitive skirmish player takes a loss, they swallow their pride, admit their defeat, and then have the courage to face their vanquisher again and again until they have improved enough to claim victory. You on the other hand, as a community, have taken the coward's route, the route of women, and instead of admitting you were bested and taking a deep look at the problems you have as players, you instead blame the game and make forum threads like petulant children demanding that the game be fixed.

Dear god I hope you look back and cringe at this comment one day... The moment you do - you can pat yourself on the back. You have grown as a person....

have taken the coward's route, the route of women,

also.... If this is your attitude going forwards then please leave this forum and never come back.... you aren't welcome.

Last edited:
Fear Spear you're so blinded by your ego man it's truly sad. No one gives a fark about who is Ramboing or how many hours they wasted of their time, it is that the mechanic clearly doesn't belong in this particular game mode.

This whole thread is just pathetic now...

Rambo was banned in NW because it made games unfun - it does the same in bannerlord. I really don't give a crap who want's to size up their e-penis; I have no intention of ever playing a tournament on Bannerlord... The point is having someone on your team or the enemy team doing this spoils the game.

Not because it is effective (most people doing it are incompetent I find); but because it destroys the intention of the game mode. The moment the meta becomes 6v6 players using bots as respawns this mode is pointless and might as well be skirmish.

Again I must reiterate I really really REALLY don't care who won some stupid tournament on a game with about 100 players... it's like winning at a card game you invented and play with your mates. I just want TW to address the issue that is making this game mode less fun to play.

Dear god I hope you look back and cringe at this comment one day... The moment you do - you can pat yourself on the back. You have grown as a person....

also.... If this is your attitude going forwards then please leave this forum and never come back.... you aren't welcome.
So you are a captain mode player and an NW player at the same time, that explains a lot. Maybe you want the bots to only attack up and down as well.
SAD!

i played captains mode like 2 times (with some friends) and I kept doing this with cav and its funny as hell because the mechanical skills of an average captains player is equivalent to a bot. You can get like a million kills like this lol. Based strategy

The funny thing is that this thread becomes mildly entertaining once you realize some people here obviously don't have a life outside bannerlord. Otherwise i would expect them to have mastered something like social skills instead of the perfect feint and block..

I sincerely hope someone would close this thread. its a real bad showcase of this community.

So you are a captain mode player and an NW player at the same time, that explains a lot. Maybe you want the bots to only attack up and down as well.
SAD!
I was also a group-fight player, a warband clan player, a regiment player, an original M&B player, a modder, a host etc etc etc.

Don't be ridiculous.

Is it not funny that the only discussion these people can offer is 'git gud' instead of actually saying why they think the game mode should be X or Y?

The funny thing is that this thread becomes mildly entertaining once you realize some people here obviously don't have a life outside bannerlord. Otherwise i would expect them to have mastered something like social skills instead of the perfect feint and block..

I sincerely hope someone would close this thread. its a real bad showcase of this community.
This thread has done more to damage my love for this game / community then anything else ever has...

Sad!
tenor.gif

Last edited:
The hyperbolic rhetoric in this thread aside (please no more Mein Kampf talk Mr. Guy @dirtshrimp ), I would just like to point out the massive irony at play when it comes to the Captain Mode community's attitude regarding cav parking/solo cav/cav Rambo.

The cav Rambo issue was brought up numerous times (in Early Access and the beta), with most competitive Captain players either defending it or simply brushing off its existence, despite well-thought out and logical arguments from the opposition in favor of its removal.

Players like @Mabons laid out reasonable justifications for the elimination of cav Rambo'ing, unfortunately they were shouted down by the louder voices and those who stamped their feet the hardest. The Captain Mode elites were content with cav Rambo'ing, because it gave them a way to flex their muscles over lesser Captain players, that is, until DM and APE spanked them with those same exact tactics they had been abusing for months. Then, those same Captain players who simped for Rambo'ing immediately ran and pulled the fire alarm. Now, all of a sudden, it was all systems fail. It was DEFCON 1. This was a calamity and justice needed to be served!

What this really is, is hypocrisy -in its truest form.

As someone who has observed the evolution of this issue from the beta to present day, the only phrase that comes to mind is cosmic justice.

You reap what you sow.

Be careful what you wish for.

Completely forgot I made that thread. Makes it all the sweeter to see some people shouting down rambo there, even some of them making threads complaining about it themselves :mrgreen:

but but, muh capitan mode .c.c.c
imho you guys are dumb for trusting bannerlord ai to actually be competent, i've seen bots getting attacked and literally do nothing, not blocking or counter attacking, and getting slaughtered one by one
ai is so dumb like holy **** its worse than warband

The hyperbolic rhetoric in this thread aside (please no more Mein Kampf talk Mr. Guy @dirtshrimp ), I would just like to point out the massive irony at play when it comes to the Captain Mode community's attitude regarding cav parking/solo cav/cav Rambo.

The cav Rambo issue was brought up numerous times (in Early Access and the beta), with most competitive Captain players either defending it or simply brushing off its existence, despite well-thought out and logical arguments from the opposition in favor of its removal.

Players like @Mabons laid out reasonable justifications for the elimination of cav Rambo'ing, unfortunately they were shouted down by the louder voices and those who stamped their feet the hardest. The Captain Mode elites were content with cav Rambo'ing, because it gave them a way to flex their muscles over lesser Captain players, that is, until DM and APE spanked them with those same exact tactics they had been abusing for months. Then, those same Captain players who simped for Rambo'ing immediately ran and pulled the fire alarm. Now, all of a sudden, it was all systems fail. It was DEFCON 1. This was a calamity and justice needed to be served!

What this really is, is hypocrisy -in its truest form.

As someone who has observed the evolution of this issue from the beta to present day, the only phrase that comes to mind is cosmic justice.

You reap what you sow.

Be careful what you wish for.
I can see as many captain players attacking rambo in these threads as defending it. Of course cav rambo has always been a thing, however that doesn't mean that people were in support of it. Speaking of hypocrisy, it seems like you are now talking in hyberoles to push whatever vendetta you have against this gamemode. You obviously have nothing to contribute to this game besides starting drama and further dividing the community.

Back
Top Bottom