Rambo-Cav in captain mode

Is Rambo-cav gameplay a problem for captain mode ?

• No i quite like it. It reward good skills, and i'm ready to wait the end of the fight

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No this is a problem, cavalery going one by one is totally stupid, and it takes forever

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • I don't care with your silly questions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

You are the reason why the class system exists, why there are no custom servers, and in short, why the Bannerlord multiplayer community is currently on lifesupport.

I hope you are joking here. The skirmish community has been fighting the class system since alpha. It is not our fault that the modes can’t be balanced separately.

As someone who has observed the evolution of this issue from the beta to present day, the only phrase that comes to mind is cosmic justice.

You reap what you sow.

Be careful what you wish for.
My position has always been accepting rambo is and will be a part of the game, the good rambos are very good players clearly and the bad rambos are just wasting everyone's time, but whether a good or bad Rambo, their troops should be forced to be within a leashed range (via auto follow at a certain distance) that makes them "in play" so they can't be hidden on the opposite end of the map.

As far as I am concerned people can still park their cav 20 / 30 / 40 metres away and Rambo their little hearts out... But their troops are within a reasonable distance to be able to be countered by the enemy who is being attacked by the rambo. At least this forces the rambo to micro manage his troops in order to keep them alive. As micro managing troops is what the mode is about anyways

My initial experience with rambos as I'm sure most would agree was just people occasionally just wasting everyone's time.. That did change over time as the style of play started to effect every single match you would play in, instead of a match every now and then. So people evolving their opinion over time isn't surprising or unusual imo

Last edited:
The hyperbolic rhetoric in this thread aside (please no more Mein Kampf talk Mr. Guy @dirtshrimp ), I would just like to point out the massive irony at play when it comes to the Captain Mode community's attitude regarding cav parking/solo cav/cav Rambo.

The cav Rambo issue was brought up numerous times (in Early Access and the beta), with most competitive Captain players either defending it or simply brushing off its existence, despite well-thought out and logical arguments from the opposition in favor of its removal.

Players like @Mabons laid out reasonable justifications for the elimination of cav Rambo'ing, unfortunately they were shouted down by the louder voices and those who stamped their feet the hardest. The Captain Mode elites were content with cav Rambo'ing, because it gave them a way to flex their muscles over lesser Captain players, that is, until DM and APE spanked them with those same exact tactics they had been abusing for months. Then, those same Captain players who simped for Rambo'ing immediately ran and pulled the fire alarm. Now, all of a sudden, it was all systems fail. It was DEFCON 1. This was a calamity and justice needed to be served!

What this really is, is hypocrisy -in its truest form.

As someone who has observed the evolution of this issue from the beta to present day, the only phrase that comes to mind is cosmic justice.

You reap what you sow.

Be careful what you wish for.
You seem to forget that a large portion of the players have not been involved in alpha or beta. So how is that cosmic justice?

The rest of this post isn't directed specificly @Hans 77

Point is :
1: captain is about managing a detachment of troops and working together with the other detachments to beat the enemy team. From my point of view, parking your troops, fighting without them and using the bots as respawns is against the spirit of the game mode and most of all, annoying for other players.

2: the Argument of 'git gud' has already been covered by axiosxiphos quite well (see below)
I can kill an enemy player X many times; but if I lose 2 bots for every enemy player I kill like this; I will still lose the war of attrition. The problem is there is no punishment for dying like this - normally if you die; you are out of action for a few vital moments. Enough for the enemy to gain an advantage - but in this scenario there is no way a player can punish the rambo player as all his spawns are safely tucked away.

Third point is slightly besides the point. I reckon that a few forum (ab)users have the habit of arguing along the lines like 'captain mode players are noobs, because they aren't any better then bots and therefore should shut up'. Well whatever.. Does that not allow them to say their say? Arguments like that (when you think about it) is almost like TW argues: 'let us do the thinking so we can decide what you like'.

Last point is similar to the previous one is: the same category of forum users as mentioned above, (dis)qualifies anyone who posts anything against rambo automaticly as: captain player, noob, *******, unqualified to have a opinion, etc. Something similar happened in a different thread were some people are arguing for a infantry only TDM server... This forum has a preview function and i suggest some of you start reading what you are posting. Its cringing most of the time.

Last thing id like to point out is that some people play more than one game mode. Stop generalising anyone as captain players. I would almost start to think they are the parias of this forum.

Yeah but its not just that they are good at 1v1. Skirmish players are superior mechanically in a variety of aspects and I don't think you could simply say that they are good at 1v1's by the way they are good at killing a large number of bots very quickly and not dying.

Let me tell you why you can't beat "Rambo". It's because in order to beat it you have to be on the same general mechanical skill level as the rambo'er in question. If you, for example, had a competitive level skirmish player with an archer squad, they would easily be able to absolutely ruin the day of 1-2 or perhaps even 3 "Rambo" cav by sniping them off their horses in short order. Even if the archer unit was focused for this reason, it would cause greater damage than loss to the Rambo cav in question, or force them to ignore the unit completely. In other words:

Rambo is not a "meta" nor is it an infallible strategy. It is a strategy that ONLY EXISTS DUE TO THE MECHANICAL INCOMPETENCE of Captain's mode players.

Rambo does not work as well, if at all (to the extent you could call it the meta) against two teams of roughly equal mechanical skill.
You have no idea about Captain yet you try to put your idiotic opinions about players playing Captain Mode. How stupid you have to be to talk about something you have no idea?

I repeat Rambo without a horse is a sheep! There is no skill in smashing bots from a horse.
You kill the horse and the RamboBambo run back to his bot and takes his horse so he can come back and show his "skill" killing bots.

You have no idea about Captain yet you try to put your idiotic opinions about players playing Captain Mode. How stupid you have to be to talk about something you have no idea?

I repeat Rambo without a horse is a sheep! There is no skill in smashing bots from a horse.
You kill the horse and the RamboBambo run back to his bot and takes his horse so he can come back and show his "skill" killing bots.
This is an idiotic argument. Any member from APE or DM would handily beat your average captain mode player in a 1v1, its simply more efficient from horseback. You can argue whether rambo has a place or not, but you can NOT argue that captain mode players don't suck at the combat. They do, this is fact.

This is an idiotic argument. Any member from APE or DM would handily beat your average captain mode player in a 1v1, its simply more efficient from horseback. You can argue whether rambo has a place or not, but you can NOT argue that captain mode players don't suck at the combat. They do, this is fact.
I think labelling people is a little uneeded. I play every mode on bannerlord just as I did on Warband. Just because I enjoyed single player didn't mean I also didn't play competitively; just because I played persistent world didn't mean I didn't play cRPG.

However I do agree that this arguments is pointless - we are trying to make a better game mechanically. Individual player skill is meaningless in this regard because the idea is to make a mode anyone can play and enjoy.

The fact of the matter is rambo-anything makes the game less fun. Less fun for the people playing alongside as they are effectively now need to play 5v6. And less fun for the opponents because they have to deal with it. I have said this 100 times - captains mode is about leading bots. If you aren't leading bots then you aren't playing captains mode - and if people are not playing the mode then something is wrong with it.

Imagine Skirmish where players never bothered capturing the objectives or siege where players never bothered using the rams/siege towers. You would quickly see that there was some issue with the game mode that needs addressing.

How many clans can actually pull this off? (Please enlighten me, I have no clue). From what I read, it seems like only some of the best skirmish clans in the game are doing this.

How many clans can actually pull this off? (Please enlighten me, I have no clue). From what I read, it seems like only some of the best skirmish clans in the game are doing this.
Anyone can rambo - it's not very hard. If you can kill bots in singleplayer you can rambo. Afterall all you need to do is kill more then you lose.

This is an idiotic argument. Any average Captain Player would handily beat your average skirmish mode player in a regular Captian battle. And to be effective rambo need a horse.

Those few quiks go a long way. I agree that most players need to look at themselves before stating that the game needs to be changed due to lack of pvp skill.

Can casual games not have friend groups that work together? What is the point you are making?

The same game can be played casually and competitively. When you solo queue public skirmish games are you competitively playing? For example, from what I recall Rainbow Six Siege had a casual and ranked game mode. They were exactly the same but one puts you in games with players close to your skill level.

That's the biggest load of horse**** I have ever read. Skirmish players do get pissy all the same. Players who mostly play skirmish, have taken the coward's route, the route of women, and instead of admitting you were bested and taking a deep look at the problems you have as players, you instead blame the game and make forum threads like petulant children demanding that the game be fixed.

Why are you getting so mad over a game mode you don't even play ?

Sad!

The game stops being casual when tournaments are formed. If ramboing is an issue only at the highest level, divisions would fix that pretty quickly.
If the top players in Captain cant beat the Skirmish teams, then thats just how it is. Adopt the same strategies and do better.

Once again we start this "No, captain players suck!" "NO SKIRMISH PLAYERS SUCK!" waste of time. If you have a problem with ramboing, only taleworld can fix it. If they dont, stop being angry at skirmish players...

I don`t see a problem beating any skirmish player in Captain Mode except when they are Horse Rambos. Take out their horse and they will be running around like a sheep.
Any horse in Captain Mode should not survive more than 3 Spear hits.

Inappropriate behavior
I don`t see a problem beating any skirmish player in Captain Mode except when they are Horse Rambos. Take out their horse and they will be running around like a sheep.
Any horse in Captain Mode should not survive more than 3 Spear hits.
you are so delusional just like any other captain mode player lmao

Who cares people, this subject has been argued to death at this point it's just players attacking other players because we like different modes lol. Taleworlds already made up their minds about what they are going to do. Fun fact: We can all enjoy the game differently.
unknown.png

Rambo relies on a some of really unhealthy things from a game-state perspective:
  • Dozens of pikes being unable to protect themselves against cav
  • Dozens of archers being unable to protect themselves against one cav
  • Rambo is very annoying to pub players, especially when the rambo pub cav drag maps out
  • Cavalry is categorically "OP" due to pick rate alone and would be nerfed in any other game
Additionally the list of unused and rarely used classes is horrific:
  • List of unused classes: Skirmisher, Beduin, Wildling, Ranger, Menavlion Infantry, Recruit, Archer Militia, Courser, Steppe Bow, Nomad, Mounted Archer, Berserker, Brigand, Hunter, Raider, Peasant Levy, Sergeant, Sharpshooter, Vanguard.
  • List of rarely used classes: Archer, Veteran, Fiann, Palatine Guard, Khan's Guard.
Players good at cav do good in a meta where the only good unit is cav. I'm shocked.

Back
Top Bottom