[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is this quest just bait for new players? This quest doesn't even seem possible. I managed to defeat a 1000 peasant army, and defend against 3 sieges where I was massively outnumbered, and I still didn't have enough renown. All of my troops died before I could get enough renown.

Use the Quick Questions//Quick Answer next time.

But to answer the question, yes and no. It's very much possible to do, but like nearly all things in PoP, you need to be ready before you do it.
Easiest way to do it that I've done so far, is get a small and good group of cavalry and then just run them down. Also, check what it is exactly that the quest asks you to kill. It won't help if you kill heretics when they asked you to kill snake cultists for example.

The Bounty quests require a specific enemy to be hunted, for the renown  quest you can target anyone.
.  Don't be afraid to attack enemies that outnumber you 2:1 or more (if you are a really good HA  :fruity:) As you should have some excellent troops and if a load die it doesn't really matter as long as you reap the rewards of loot & renown  :shifty:  The quality of the troops defeated is what gives the renown (I think...) not just the numbers.

Maybe try disbanding the sergeants and only using knights? The lesser your strength the more renown you get.
Or if you're not averse to a little cheesing, reduce battle size and disable/reduce reinforcements. You'll get renown every time you beat the spawned troops instead of only by beating the entire army.

Is there any intention to make the Grandmaster quest or the KO stronghold available for CKOs as well? I know as it stands people can cheat to get the quest but I'm wondering if it will ever be officially implemented.

Is there any reason to use empire mortals? They have nearly the exact same stats as the legionnaires, but they seem worse. They have less weapon skill, their shield is worse, and their armor/skills are only very slightly better.

Flazz said:
Is there any reason to use empire mortals? They have nearly the exact same stats as the legionnaires, but they seem worse. They have less weapon skill, their shield is worse, and their armor/skills are only very slightly better.
Despite the first look, they are a little bit stronger than Legionnaires. Also, they have a higher chance for having throwing spears iirc.

Flazz said:

Not really. They're just another free EL. But if you'll tweak them to have guaranteed ranged weapons then they'll be special. Otherwise they just have higher torso armor, faster but weaker shield and only marginally higher ranged damage.

For the love of god how do I defend ethos. The AI is so broken in this town, there is no reason I should ever even attempt to defend it. As you can see in the screenshot, the defender AI refuses to defend the ladders. They get stuck on the stairs or just for some reason decide not to guard the ladders and they instead decide to let the enemy pour in.

I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. How do you defend a castle/town if the AI is this stupid? Luckily, this is pretty rare. The castles and towns work perfectly for the most part, but a couple of them are just miserable to try and defend.

Attachments

• 20190624001656_1.jpg
    20190624001656_1.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 13
Giving order to follow me or pressing F1 use to work for me... I've never felt what you say here...

It's true I've felt some garrisons to be .ore stuoid than others, but as said, I use to be very active in the "commander" way, so either follow or F1 use to work for me

@Flazz: Apart from what Khabal said, there is a command to select only the nearby units. So you go to a spot with stuck units, order nearby soldiers to follow you, and you relocate them accordingly. A bit tedious, but it usually solves such issues.

Also, don't forget that you can issue the 'hold position' order by holding down F1 and placing the flag where you want it to be. And when troops act weirdly when you order them to hold positions (they start retreating, moving elsewhere, or simply get stuck), as an alternative, you may use the 'Stand ground' order as well. There were some cases when it did wonders for me, whereas 'hold this position' failed hard.

Other than that, the AI parhfinding is known to be flawed in Warband in general...

What does it mean?↓  3.9.4 is coming?

830a144e8ea4.png

Back
Top Bottom