[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Question: did somebody ever notice claimants in PoP becoming vassals of other kings when their kingdom gets defeated? I certainly didn't, they always went into exile, and disappeared from the map for the rest of the game, just like normal kings. But then, why did Leonion make a tweak around this phenomenon  for v3.7?
18.1. Converting ex-claimants to your kingdom (after they became vassals in another kingdom)
Maybe it was part of a bug that got fixed ever since? (for example in v3.8, Marius Imperator could join other kingdoms as a vassal)

Does somebody know anything about this? Thank you in advance!

Are there any major downsides to long in-game playtime? Is it okay if I bid my time and take it slow or I am supposed to rush prophesy?

Chasseur said:
Are there any major downsides to long in-game playtime? Is it okay if I bid my time and take it slow or I am supposed to rush prophesy?
Feel free to play as you please. Some self implied restrictions for a challenge playthrough will simply not allow you to finish too soon for example. Long-term goals can also be the training of an OP Custom Knighthood Order, or the gathering of renown and money beyond any sane limits, so that you can run 1000+ party sizes temporarily or buy many upgrades for multiple KO knights.

Chasseur said:

Definitely don't rush it. But my experience is that long play time (Varies from play to play but generally 200 days) results in many kingdoms failing and lords defecting making the balance of power between kingdoms getting thrown out the game. For example if Empire loses 2 of its cities, all Empire lords are affected by it, some lords will lose all their fiefs and bring less troops to fight in the next war and that cycle just goes on and on, rinse and repeat.

What you can do about it is you can join the losing faction as a mercenary and win back the lost territory. However the land that's regained may not be given to the same lords who owned them, it's still better than nothing.

The results will differ with every new game and if it's your first "New Game" just take it slow and enjoy the experience. The chances are that you will make some mistakes allocating your attributes and skills but you can always correct them in the next new playthrough. I generally don't join any factions, hire soldiers or get any companions (because they reduce the amount of quality rare loot) before I have invested in my player character, somewhere around 150th day. I also open up all the most profitable enterprises in every city to afford a healthy army. But that's just my playstyle :smile:

A quick question : Does the capture chance of unique spawns (e.g K'juda the Ravager) are determined before the battles?  I remember saving before luring the unique spawns to each other and autocalc'ing until I capture them but they always seem to escape. If it's prerolled, how can I capture them, do I have to wait a couple days or just eliminate that army and wait for it to spawn back again?

Edit : Found this description in the changes thread.
1. Reloading game doesn't change outcomes of some events, e.g. asking travelers for treasure chests like the Red Brotherhood one, chance of capture the Qualis Gem heroes, rewards in Noldor tournament. If after few reloads result is the same, accept it and move on 

But still curious, does every spawn now comes predetermined to escape or to be captured? Or does the outcome change after a few days? How does this mechanic work now? I want my early game gems :sad:

Base chances are re-rolled every few days, so user dosen't have to waste his/her time and reload game many times to change outcomes. Can focus on the game itself, not on the save/load menu.

With prisoner management at 10 chances are 90%, but even with 6 (70%) it is rather hard to not catch most of the unique heroes.

IconracI said:
Base chances are re-rolled every few days, so user dosen't have to waste his/her time and reload game many times to change outcomes. Can focus on the game itself, not on the save/load menu.

With prisoner management at 10 chances are 90%, but even with 6 (70%) it is rather hard to not catch most of the unique heroes.

I'm glad to hear that I will wait a week and try again then, having only 3 prisoner management has it's tolls I guess. Thanks based conrac :smile:

Chasseur said:
With playthroughs lasting for few thousands of days I'm probably one of the slowest guy around here. I haven't noticed any issue so far.

@MetalCh3: Did you try to use a unique noldor spawn to your advantage? The defeated unique now always escape. Altough it's possible to use that strategy to weaken a unique spawn: in my last playthrough I used Maltise to weaken noldor uniques and then pulled them into generic jatu armies.

Is the masterwork Noldor composite bow worth using? The masterwork quality adds 5 damage to the 32 base. That's 36 damage. However, since the masterwork version has power-draw requirements of 10, it no longer benefits from the 14% damage bonus per level from having power-draw stats above the power-draw requirement of the bow. So a level 6 Noldor bow with the power-draw bonus would do 49.92 damage.
Am I missing something? What's the point of having a masterwork noldor composite bow?

It's a common misconception of Power Draw skill - it provides full damage bonus up to +4 of PD req of bow. So weaker bows (PD < 6) can limit bonus while stronger bow not. But it was said that if you don't have PD higher than bow's by 2 then you will suffer some accuracy penalty so in this regard PD 10 bow is somewhat worse but it still will be dealing more damage.

I'm now at a complete loss.
So far I assumed that each point (up to a maximum of 4) above the power draw requirement of a bow added 14% damage.
In the case of the noldor composite bow it would mean, assuming 10 in PD: 49 damage for the normal version against 35 for the masterwork.

If I was wrong how exactly does it work? Are the first 4 point in PD adding 14% bonus each (capped by the PD requirement of the bow, for example 28% for a bow requiring 2 PD)? Or are things entirerly different?

Skill description is very misleading. PD10 means 140% bonus if bow can handle it (PDreq6 and higher). Weaker bow cannot handle such force and maximum bonus is lower. Maximum bonus is always PDreq + 4, not just 4 above PDreq. NCB and masterwork NCB will have same 140% bonus at PD10 but base damage of masterwork version is higher.

Should you develop your skills beyond 10 or do the effects cap at that level?

Also, I want to make Duskfall's bowstring release sound different from rest of bows - is that possible and if, how?

Huillam said:
@MetalCh3: Did you try to use a unique noldor spawn to your advantage? The defeated unique now always escape. Altough it's possible to use that strategy to weaken a unique spawn: in my last playthrough I used Maltise to weaken noldor uniques and then pulled them into generic jatu armies.

What do I need to do? Do I have to manually fight the battle to capture them? Does autocalculating always fail now?

Chasseur said:
Should you develop your skills beyond 10 or do the effects cap at that level?

Beyond 10? Game doesn't allow you to raise beyond 10, but if you're using tweaks I believe the skills cap goes as far as 15, someone mentioned it earlier.

MetalCh3 said:
What do I need to do? Do I have to manually fight the battle to capture them? Does autocalculating always fail now?
If a noldor unique spawn (Aeldarian or Ithilrandir) fights against another unique spawn, the defeated one (no matter which side lose the battle) always escapes.
What you can do is "pull" one spawn into close proximity of another so they fight each others (I assume that you already know how to do that) but don't join the battle. Stay close enough until they disengage and one of them try to flee It feels like pressing ctrl + space to speed up the time increases the odds of that happening but it's fairly risky.
You can use that to weaken a unique spawn and then use a generic army to fight them and try to capture them.

As long as neither Ithilrandir nor Ithilrandir are involved you can still join a battle between two unique spawns to capture one. But as IconracI said reloading a save prior to that battle won't change the result of the capture roll.

@sher: I understand now. Thank you!

Huillam said:
MetalCh3 said:
If a noldor unique spawn (Aeldarian or Ithilrandir) fights against another unique spawn, the defeated one (no matter which side lose the battle) always escapes.
What you can do is "pull" one spawn into close proximity of another so they fight each others (I assume that you already know how to do that) but don't join the battle. Stay close enough until they disengage and one of them try to flee It feels like pressing ctrl + space to speed up the time increases the odds of that happening but it's fairly risky.
You can use that to weaken a unique spawn and then use a generic army to fight them and try to capture them.

As long as neither Ithilrandir nor Ithilrandir are involved you can still join a battle between two unique spawns to capture one. But as IconracI said reloading a save prior to that battle won't change the result of the capture roll.
Thanks for the information I will just wait until they disengage :smile:

Does defending a town from the siege of a unique spawn count towards the "Defeat 7/15 unique spawns" achievements?
I did that in the early days of my current save, defending Marleons from the 3 seers, so I'd like to know if that made it still count.

dani26795 said:
Does defending a town from the siege of a unique spawn count towards the "Defeat 7/15 unique spawns" achievements?
I did that in the early days of my current save, defending Marleons from the 3 seers, so I'd like to know if that made it still count.

I don't really know but I doubt it. I remember only getting that achievement if I manually click and attack the stack, even if lords join, it's counted towards the achievement. It's easiest to get when you're the marshall and assembling an army.

Back
Top Bottom