SP - General Please, stop making clans quit the kingdom at random. It is infuriating.

Users who are viewing this thread

The current mechanic where clans in the player created empire suddenly quit the kingdom at random is really, REALLY infuriating and ruins the fun completely.
It makes literally no sense why the Dey Arromanc would suddenly just up and quit my kingdom and rejoin with the Vladians when they have a +44 relation with me and I am married to Calatild's daughter, Silvind, while Calatild, Thomund and Silvind are all with me inside my army.

It happens too often and completely at random that clans with 0 or positive relation to you suddenly quit your kingdom for literal NO REASON.
No enemy party touched them, they have fiefs of their own, you just recently used influence to support them and raise their own influence and have been protecting their fiefs actively and did not let a single of their territory fall into enemy hands.

It forces you to reload from a recent save point and possibly lose a lot of progress. It fills you with rage, it is completely unfair and there is literally nothing you can do to avoid or stop it, so it completely ruins any fun you might be having raising and growing your own kingdom or roleplaying your character in the game.

As soon as you load a save, even if it was 1 literal second before they quit your kingdom, that doesn't happen anymore. So there is literally no trigger besides a random timer for that to happen, which is maddening.

That is precisely one of the reasons why I suggested that there should be a new relation system differentiating between kingdom, clans and personal relations and it should influence a lot more in the world and your kingdom from the inside.

There has to be ways to prevent clans from leaving you and a good relationship must be rewarded with loyalty and make it very close to impossible for a clan to forsake you, which should happen only if they come in contact with enemy kings or have been captured, in which case you should also be allowed to convince captive noble prisoners to join your kingdom.

Convincing clans to join your kingdom is actually quite hard and bothersome, specially if you want to have a specific clan with you, as is the case with me and the Dey Arromanc, as I have got them to join my kingdom in every gameplay I've done, always roleplay that my character is good friends with Calatild, in this playthrough am married to their daughter and have fought more than one time against Thomund in Tournaments, so I also roleplay that he and my character are close friends.

The fact that it is so easy for clans to quit you while it is so hard to convince them to join you, as even with high charm, if you miss a single critical success and have a single failure in dialogue trying to convince them, they will not join you for days and that makes this extremely unfair to the player.

Please, do consider changing this random clan betrayal as something urgent as it completely ruins your day.

Thank you for the attention.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deGoucan Scrolls Index

Last edited:
Perhaps it exists and I just don't know how to find it, but I would like a way to see noble's relationships with other nobles instead of just to myself. It could be that your vassal has 44 relation with you, but 75 relation with dey Meroc. They like Meroc better, so they go back to Vlandia. If that is the case, I would like to see who might be in danger of defecting based upon relation so I know not to make the attempt to bring them into the fold yet. Of course, all of this may be rendered moot once they flesh out the relation system, as I have a hard time believing they will leave it as is.

Perhaps it exists and I just don't know how to find it, but I would like a way to see noble's relationships with other nobles instead of just to myself. It could be that your vassal has 44 relation with you, but 75 relation with dey Meroc. They like Meroc better, so they go back to Vlandia. If that is the case, I would like to see who might be in danger of defecting based upon relation so I know not to make the attempt to bring them into the fold yet. Of course, all of this may be rendered moot once they flesh out the relation system, as I have a hard time believing they will leave it as is.

I also want that very much, to see the relation between two other people. That could also be something you have to investigate yourself, or with the use of your spies, to make it more immersive,yet it is very much needed to be able to know their relations if there is indeed an influence from it to lords and ladies randomly defecting and changing sides suddenly and randomly.
And I truly hope you are right and they don't leave it as is, because it is insufferable and extremely unfair...

I don't have my own kingdom yet, but if this really happens, it must be fixed immediately.

Get ready, because having your own kingdom is the most fun thing in the game in my opinion, yet your lords defecting to the enemy with no reason and taking their fiefs with them is the WORST EVER.
It definitely needs to be fixed.

Yep, Reputation, Traits, giving your Vassals fiefs or not has no effect on whether they stay with you or not.

Even had my Wife's father quit my Kingdom and join the enemy while at max reputation with me. She didn't mind me chopping off the heads of her entire family though for some reason lol. Her Father's entire Clan's backstory was even that he hated the Kingdom he quit my Kingdom to join up with as well lol. So much for the Lore.

Easiest fix would be setting it so that if a Clan is at positive Reputation with you they can't leave your Kingdom, unless you kick them out. This would just be a band-aid fix until the Diplomacy system is better designed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom