Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

I myself am getting frame drops in battles and campaign map . Been having issues since 1.3 came out. Never a issue before. 9700k 2080 ti 32 g ram ssd. My rig is cool and hardware works as intended. Very confused here. I was monitoring task manager and saw it was utilizing a lot more cpu for some reason.

just want to suggest @Callum that for updates and subsequent small hotfixes, can we have them in the OP's post by editing it in instead of having to dig the changes over the past few days in various pages through the same thread?

Wait, hold on... You've actually implented a truce time? This is awesome! It should help a lot in dealing with a snowballing problem! No more 1-second-peace treaties! Hell yeah!

too many problems yet remain in this patch, example: still there is stuttering problem, after couple of loads from user saves. i think it's memory refresh related programming issue, means when the algorithm has a lack of good clearance on drafted files that loaded in to ram, i'm not a pro but in other word it's obvious that the game forgets to clean files specially sound files that are not needed any more and when it loads that file again, the program plays the same file twice at time! that cause a reflect like sound for example in menu, and that's the cause of stuttering, so the logic algorithm of the game needs to get fix. again i'm not a pro and this is what i realized by judging on signs of the problem. another one: and last night i fought 300 army of ne and they had 7 val's nobles prisoner, but after the battle the vals didn't mentioned and no body did not even thanked me! just like that?? the relation whit them and me also didn't changed! and couple of other issues also... . and hey: the noble prisoners escape remains yet also!:smile:

I think 1.3.0 beta branch has been rather least stable so far, like TW resources are scattered over too many areas.

the issues below have mostly been reported by other posters already, I'm just concurring that I'm seeing the same behaviour over 3 hotfixes (same campaign) and it's gotten all messed up somehow by the looks of it.

like previous posters said, 150 days into new campaign, AI lords are just going bankrupt and leading 800 men armies constantly deserting.

Abandoning sieges like no end, 800 att vs 100 def, yet mid siege, they just broke camp and left when there's just a 70 men party running around them.

also, companions starting to get all mis-linked in encyclopedia since day 10, also by day 150, they just stopped spawning, like 80~90% of taverns I visited are empty.

mis-linked companions are not recruitable in my current game too, the dialogs are just "good day to you"....then that's it....hi and bye only.

In average 10% of lord parties are staying at settlement at 1.3.0 according to our stats. 6-7 out of 63. This is average value, changes between 0%-20% generally in different times. This number is not much. ...

It seems that some leaders have run out of money completely, and run out of food too (maybe, because they have no money to buy?) and all of their troops are wounded (maybe, because there is of no food left in the party to feed them?). They are all staying in the cities.

Has anyone else seen this?

Wait, hold on... You've actually implented a truce time? This is awesome! It should help a lot in dealing with a snowballing problem! No more 1-second-peace treaties! Hell yeah!
ikr, peace is actually a thing now...

On my current save I'm a year and a half into the game having not joined a faction, because I've found the constant war of vassal life so tiring and one dimensional. I saw a few peace declarations zip by since the hotfix, and when I eventually checked the faction I've contemplated joining this game, they were actually at peace with all other major factions right now!

I almost fell off my chair.

Hello. After spending quite a few more hours on the latest beta build , i have a couple of issues to mention.

1) Companions : You get a selection of them at the start but it doesn't update over time anymore. No new ones added.
This is the first time along many playthroughs that i noticed this behaviour. There ARE new ones inside the taverns , however you can't recruit them and they don't show up on the encyclopedia page either. I am still stuck with the initial ones , and i've reached clan rank 4. I don't think they'll ever update.
2) Something i saw from another user ( i don't recall the name ) a while ago , happened to me today.
The last perk on smith was suddenly replaced with +30% siege construction speed or something along those lines.
This happened during my playthrough without a mod loaded , but the legendary smith trait still seems to be active , since i am getting some extra upgraded crafts.
Also , the bugged extra point i was getting in the past when i maxed the smithy tree disappeared. Weird. I am hoping a perk fix is on the horizon , since i am often forced to load a mod to make it playable.
Most of them are broken! : (

EDIT : A final issue for now , noble long bow. It's way too cheap. This should cost around 100k easily since its a freaking sniper.
I am currently staring on trade window , and as an example , it has the same price as southern strong longbow which is nowhere near as good.

Last edited:
I myself am getting frame drops in battles and campaign map . Been having issues since 1.3 came out. Never a issue before. 9700k 2080 ti 32 g ram ssd. My rig is cool and hardware works as intended. Very confused here. I was monitoring task manager and saw it was utilizing a lot more cpu for some reason.
Same here. I7 9700k, 32 GB 3600Mhz, SSD M.2, RTX 2070 Super. 1.3 Beta introduced:
- chopinnes, frame drops
- stuttering on the campaign map - never had that before. 1.2. with 30+ mods ran great, when compared to native (0 mods) 1.3
- GPU gets 100% usage on the campaign map; heat goes up - and this is with me being idle, not even moving; I have the proper watercooler, so the temps are not horrific, but definitely there is something going on with the GPU being overutilised;
- first CTDs during game in random situations (exiting/entering towns, fighting looters) - NEVER happened before. I am playing since EA launch, clocked 150+ hours, played on every released patch; I am calling them random, as I was unable to reproduce them;
- the performance improvement is non-existent in my case - it's actually worst so far; lowest framerates + huge amounts of sudden drops;
- encountered a weird graphical gltich, when one cavalry man was kinda sending black sunrays all over the place; saw it only once, when fighting Vlandia; did not occur again;

All in all, personally this was the worst patch for me. Hoping for a better experience with 1.4.

Same here. I7 9700k, 32 GB 3600Mhz, SSD M.2, RTX 2070 Super. 1.3 Beta introduced:
- chopinnes, frame drops
- stuttering on the campaign map - never had that before. 1.2. with 30+ mods ran great, when compared to native (0 mods) 1.3
- GPU gets 100% usage on the campaign map; heat goes up - and this is with me being idle, not even moving; I have the proper watercooler, so the temps are not horrific, but definitely there is something going on with the GPU being overutilised;
- first CTDs during game in random situations (exiting/entering towns, fighting looters) - NEVER happened before. I am playing since EA launch, clocked 150+ hours, played on every released patch; I am calling them random, as I was unable to reproduce them;
- the performance improvement is non-existent in my case - it's actually worst so far; lowest framerates + huge amounts of sudden drops;
- encountered a weird graphical gltich, when one cavalry man was kinda sending black sunrays all over the place; saw it only once, when fighting Vlandia; did not occur again;

All in all, personally this was the worst patch for me. Hoping for a better experience with 1.4.

Can confirm all of this points. Even the 'Black Sunray' Thing.

Can confirm all of this points. Even the 'Black Sunray' Thing.
There is definitly something they tweaked that is utilizing way too much power. I know this is a common complaint with people. Especially rigs that cab easily run it or should. No issue with other games either. I hope 1.4 balances stuff out. Apprently a hot fix is dropping soon for 1.3 too.

Back
Top Bottom