Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

We didn't want to spam people on Steam with the announcement system with these updates just being hotfixes to the opt-in beta version. We are working on releasing an update to the main version soon which will be announced on Steam when it is ready.

Maybe create a sticky thread with just hotfix patch notes and turned off comments. It will help.

We didn't want to spam people on Steam with the announcement system with these updates just being hotfixes to the opt-in beta version. We are working on releasing an update to the main version soon which will be announced on Steam when it is ready.
Still would be nice to see the info on the hotfixes somewhere else it feels quite empty with gap on the big updates

It would be very nice to at-least have some type of indication in the OP of this thread on which changes have been added in hotfixes past initial release. Even a blank line separating hotfix changes from initial release would be very helpful, in my opinion. I understand not wishing to make constant announcements, separate threads etc

Also you didn´t want to spam your own forum in the stickied thread in the first post? So we have to search for your names to get those "changes"?

Man, some of you guys are unreal.

You complain about a few days passing without a patch. TW releases a patch, you still find something to complain about.

You complain that TW doesn't communicate. When they have something to say and post it, you complain that they didn't post outside of this forum where anyone can find the information anyway.

I literally created an account to tell some of you to give these guys a friggin' break already. In a month they've made more updates to this game than most developers do in a year. If the development pace isn't good enough for you, find something else to do for awhile and come back to it later.

Man, some of you guys are unreal.

You complain about a few days passing without a patch. TW releases a patch, you still find something to complain about.

You complain that TW doesn't communicate. When they have something to say and post it, you complain that they didn't post outside of this forum where anyone can find the information anyway.

I literally created an account to tell some of you to give these guys a friggin' break already. In a month they've made more updates to this game than most developers do in a year. If the development pace isn't good enough for you, find something else to do for awhile and come back to it later.
? I think that sometimes in their passion gamers forget societal standards of politeness ? ?

I can only speak for myself, but I like having those patch notes quickly accessible right on under the play button on steam, so I don't mind even if they are for the beta branch. Isn't there a way to post them without having the little pop-up appear?

Still cannot play. Game still crashes when i launch from launcher. Going on a full week since this started happening now. It would be nice if i could play the game i paid for. It worked fine until the last hotfix last week and ever since then i have not been able to play.
I also can`t start the game since todays patch. When I start from Steam it crashes before I even get to the menu, where I can enable/disable the mods.

Should we create a new game to test the issue with lords going to bankrupt? If not, it looks like some lords are still getting some issues. For example, Aldric from Vlandia has been about 10 days with all units wounded and 0 denars. Then I have given him 100K and he is losing about 2K daily.

Fixed an issue where newly created characters and other objects could get mixed up with each other. This created instability & possibly crashes. It was also responsible for broken companions and encyclopedia problems. The fix does not recover broken beta save games
So I've been ignoring this problem, but I did notice my 'child' having the wrong encyclopedia sometimes, if I progress my game long enough that it becomes a companion could it break my save? Or would it become a new object then? And players thoughts/knowledge would be good to hear, not just asking Callum.

Lots of good fixes!

Also you didn´t want to spam your own forum in the stickied thread in the first post? So we have to search for your names to get those "changes"?

Your "real" update won´t have any new stuff compared to the hotfix or will it? I bet it won´t...

When can we expect a real major update, like real new features (giving a fief to a vassal for example when I already own it)? Not just juggling with some numbers.

Why can modders do this but not the devs?
Because modders can focus on small fixes without regards to the bigger picture and future content.
Have you ever tried loading up the game with 10 different mods that make different fixes. It very likely will cause issues if it loads at all, because those mods are not compatible with each other, overlap and contradict each other.

I'm pretty sure if they get 0 troops and are unable to recruit straight away they'll just get captured by some bandits shortly afterwards.
There is an easy fix. Add the logic that they will stay in settlement until they have enough unit. An universal way to replenish their party is to hire mercenaries. Simply tune the mercenary generation mechanism to deliver desirable waiting period. I would think a system like the one for trading goods will fit perfectly, as those guys are literally selling their swords.

There are situations that their being stuck at 0 troop is reasonable. Say a clan has no money or fief. It should seek other opportunities like switching to other kingdoms or being downgraded to a mercenary minor clan for income (clan without fief may simply be treated equally as minor clans)! Some logic can be added to make clans on the verge of such crisis acting much more conservatively, so we don't have all clans slipping into misery due to constant warfare without player intervention.

NPC should spawn with 0 troops, just like the player, and 3 day minimum (approx 3 days for player when prisoner currently). Dont see why a defeated army of 2000 should respawn 2 days later with 200 troops (collectively)! Ridiculous.

Also GJ - very very imporrtant fixes that should help the game experience for all.
It is reasonable if those 200 troops are all mercenaries. That is what should happen after a defeat. Mercenaries are meaningless throughout native MnB. They were actually major player in war historically, and we learn from Warband mods (say PoP and 1257) that nice mercenary system brings a lot of fun.

So I've been ignoring this problem, but I did notice my 'child' having the wrong encyclopedia sometimes, if I progress my game long enough that it becomes a companion could it break my save? Or would it become a new object then? And players thoughts/knowledge would be good to hear, not just asking Callum.
Any savegame that is experiencing jumbled objects is (to some degree) broken. That is not to say that your case is that, but it is a possibility. This issue is limited to the beta branch.

Children do not become companions btw. Family works a bit different from them (f.e. you can't kick them out of your clan).

Because modders can focus on small fixes without regards to the bigger picture and future content.
Have you ever tried loading up the game with 10 different mods that make different fixes. It very likely will cause issues if it loads at all, because those mods are not compatible with each other, overlap and contradict each other.

10 mods load better together than the base game does alone. Don't talk about something you've clearly never tried.

Should we create a new game to test the issue with lords going to bankrupt? If not, it looks like some lords are still getting some issues. For example, Aldric from Vlandia has been about 10 days with all units wounded and 0 denars. Then I have given him 100K and he is losing about 2K daily.

No but it can take some time to recover. This bankrupt problem is not 100% fixed for now but there will be much less lords going bankrupt after that patch (70% less compared to old, fe 3 instead of 10 lords in all world). Still they are not releasing men from their garrisons yet lord need to go his settlement and take some of men from there and releasing men from garrisons will be added at next patches. If this lord have only 1-2 small money income (1-2 castles for example) and if he has huge garrisons & clan parties he can lose 1-2K daily still. If you upload your savegame it will be so helpfull.

Any savegame that is experiencing jumbled objects is (to some degree) broken. That is not to say that your case is that, but it is a possibility. This issue is limited to the beta branch.

Children do not become companions btw. Family works a bit different from them (f.e. you can't kick them out of your clan).
I see. Well so far no trouble saving/loading, which is my main concern when I think of a broken save.

No but it can take some time to recover. This bankrupt problem is not 100% fixed for now but there will be much less lords going bankrupt after that patch (70% less compared to old, fe 3 instead of 10 lords in all world). Still they are not releasing men from their garrisons yet lord need to go his settlement and take some of men from there and releasing men from garrisons will be added at next patches. If this lord have only 1-2 small money income (1-2 castles for example) and if he has huge garrisons & clan parties he can lose 1-2K daily still. If you upload your savegame it will be so helpfull.

I have just overwriten that savegame but I have got a new one:

day 173 - First day playing with the last hotfix. Aldric had 0 denars at this day and most of his troops wounded.
day 181 - All Adric's army was wounded. He was defeated and captured by Looters.
day 183 - Respawn at Pravend and took 100 men frong garrison and Pravend onkly has now 50 men garrison (plus militia) but it looks like he still has financial issues.
day 192 - All his party is wounded again despite of having taken 100 men from his Pravend garrison.

I have just started a new game and I am just waiting in Pravend. I am currently at day +30 and Aldric has now 80K (he had 100K at the beginning or so). I will wait some days to see if he goes to bankrupt again in this new savegame and upload it id happens the same. Thank you very much!

Armies still not joining siege defenses right?:sad:

Already noted this two days ago. Will deal soon.

I have just overwriten that savegame but I have got a new one:

day 173 - First day playing with the last hotfix. Aldric had 0 denars at this day and most of his troops wounded.
day 181 - All Adric's army was wounded. He was defeated and captured by Looters.
day 183 - Respawn at Pravend and took 100 men frong garrison and Pravend onkly has now 50 men garrison (plus militia) but it looks like he still has financial issues.
day 192 - All his party is wounded again despite of having taken 100 men from his Pravend garrison.

I have just started a new game and I am just waiting in Pravend. I am currently at day +30 and Aldric has now 80K (he had 100K at the beginning or so). I will wait some days to see if he goes to bankrupt again in this new savegame and upload it id happens the same. Thank you very much!

Thanks for very detailed feedback. I will examine. Give him some time and he will find a balance point finally (90%).

It should be exact same treatment. Player rules COPY - AI rules PASTE. AI lords should have workshops, caravans, perk tree like my character, companions...

You can argue for AI lords to functionally to be the same as the player, but operationally AI just cannot be the same as the player, thus which is why functionally they need to be adjusted to compensate and make the game more interesting.

However, what kreamy said:

Perhaps,
but as I said, spawning inside a fief largely fixes all of those issues + gives the player time to enjoy a victory, which in turn, changes the actuality of a war scenario. I dont think 20 lords should respawn with 10%, maybe 5% if you really want to give something.

Anyways. As you state, 10 is better than 25%

Now, this is something I can see logic in, having the lords spawn in their own fief, as one is able to easily see that they probably would escape back to their fief/castle/town from capture.

It's fine for you to think AI lords should have the exact same treatment, but you need to provide some additional arguments as to why they should have the exact same treatment, especially since AI lords WILL NOT be able to operate exactly like the player.

Back
Top Bottom