Patch Notes e1.0.9

Users who are viewing this thread

You can't break the save, because there is a beta tab. Everyone can still use the old betas, when he will finished the save before getting a new update.

+1. Snowballing has already killed those saves, and that people can still play with old saves by using beta tab of the game in steam.

My friend continued his campaign and killed almost 50% of the snowballing in his game. People often prefer to abandon, quit or just say the game is broken, that's the sad true story.

My friend continued his campaign and killed almost 50% of the snowballing in his game. People often prefer to abandon, quit or just say the game is broken, that's the sad true party.
Don't worry, your friend will be able to continue his game, by picking game version via Beta tab of the game in Steam. It's pretty easy.

My friend continued his campaign and killed almost 50% of the snowballing in his game. People often prefer to abandon, quit or just say the game is broken, that's the sad true story.
Snowballing isn't necessarily a ''player beating the AI's kingdoms'' issue, it's also about immersion and how the AI makes weird moves strategically and realistically.

I am finding that playing in this most recent patch snowballing slowed down considerably, I think the money management of lords and mercenaries having incentive to fight for underdogs really did a number on the snowballing.

Regarding snowballing, when it comes to games in a similar genre as bannerlord, they'd often just suppress it with things like threat level, aggressive expansion debuffs, etc. All of those are supposed to provide a mechanic by which the other AI kingdoms would group up to beat up the kingdom that has grown too strong.

I suppose in Bannerlord, the concept which could apply for a medieval period would be a coalition, defensive pact, or if there was religion, crusade or jihad.
From my experience, it's more that the AI is unable to mount a good defense against a numerically superior enemy. And from all the sieges I've played thus far, it doesn't seem like it's possible for lords to intervene in a siege, unless they're already in the town/castle's garrison. That is what I believe is the main problem, as well as a wonky siege defense AI, that sometimes just runs straight into your troops that got on the walls without even trying to fight them.
And it also seems to me that AI is more keen on attacking than defending, since the armies that they form are very rarely used for sole purpose of defending a besieged town or castle. At least from the several sieges I've done so far, there has never been an enemy army sent to relieve the siege or just fight our army to thin out the numbers.

...Wait, religion is not a part of the game, but it does sound like something that could be added, though.
There's still a lot of work left for the devs to do, so can't wait for the next patch. Keep up the good work, guys! :wink:

From my experience, it's more that the AI is unable to mount a good defense against a numerically superior enemy.
Tell that to the empire assimilated battanians that kept guerilla raiding my villages and outrunning me through the forest every time I tried to kill them.
Filthy sheep humpers forced me to go on the defensive and halted the khanate's expansion west.

Regarding your siege point, I've had AI park around my siege camp waiting until they had enough numbers to attack my army. As individual parties, not as an army mind you

I know u already giving us patches and patches for daaaays. But i would really appreciate it to see some patches for the multiplayer to improve the combat. Since u improve ur skills there.

Like wider spectrum to choose weapons, shields and armour.
Or some other discussed stuff like combat mechanic (more control as well to move) skill restriction to ride horses, kicks, etc.

Don't understand me wrong I'm actually not that bad in fighting, but the fun is kept to a limit right now because it's still not balanced.

Ps: pls add the private servers :S

Love and greetings from a loyal fan.

Back
Top Bottom