Painting and not only crafting !

Should clothes and armor painting be aded?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Civilians don't share the same system, civilians have their own color pools, unrelated to kingdoms they belong in. That video is probably outdated, can't remember which one you're talking about.
Troops do share the same color, but they have slight variations of hue and saturation to break the uniform look.

That's great to hear.
It's always a bit annoying if soldiers look too uniform. Just a bit different colors can make a great difference and add more immersion.

That's encouraging to hear. May have been from 2018 or something.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Player-specific, non-troop dyeing system though. Even if only for Civilian clothing. How can I RP as a dashing rogue if I'm not clad in all black? :razz:

If you aren't in any of the factions, you can always change your own color to black and RP as a dashing rouge :smile:

Exactly, Warband is the only game that I have continually played since its release, because of mods. Everything else I would eventually become bored of. But every new mod is like a new game for me. Once I started messing around in the files and figured out how to change items around and reskin stuff well that just added a whole new level. Now I could customize the game for me. For this reason I'm not worried about things being messed up on release, the amount of content generated by the community (or myself) will likely keep me busy for another decade.
So .. another decade it shall be ?

And I do agree with your OP. I don't like the "uniform" look. Maybe on empire troops as that would kind of match with the idea that they were equipped by the State like the Roman Legions were. But not the other factions, soldiers provided their own equipment mostly and were very much individuals. I never liked the idea that everyone in the dark ages/middle ages wore dull, dreary clothing. Dyes were in very high demand, clothing was a demonstration of craftsmanship, even if someone was poor they tried very hard not to look "poor". Youtube videos of the recent re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings in 1066 are a good example of what I imagine they looked like. Everyone basically wore armor and a helmet over their "street clothes" so soldiers look the same but also unique. Completely uniform soldiers reminds me more of a fantasy movie than real life. Hell, even modern infantryman with issued equipment and uniforms end up looking different from each other just by the way they set up their gear.
Couldn't agree more

Colors aren't hardcoded, all cloth parts on all armors/equipment are colorless by default, they change color based on the wearer's culture.
Meaning, a Battanian clothing you've looted as an Aserai prince, would be worn as orange (Aserai color) by you.
That’s just what i mean !
Thanks

The remaining hope now is that same type troops not wearing the exact same armor and colors

Here's my post about the troop armor variations inbetween same type troops:
We have the same system for singleplayer troops as well, generally we have a pool of 3 equipment sets for each troop, which get chosen randomly by each troop.
The way the changes go are related to the tier troop. For low tier troops, the torso, shoulder, head, gloves all tend to change to give them a less uniform look. Mid to high tier troops generally wear the same torso but change shoulder and head armors. The highest tier troops all wear the same uniform.

(from this thread)

Faction troops should have some identifying color, but that color should only be applied to a few items, like helmet crests, shield emblems, tunic hems, or other details. That at least gives you some means of identifying friend/foe without resorting to the unrealistic tethered balloons above peoples' heads, hopefully without making it look TOO uniform.

On the one hand, you can't go by the traditional methods of identification where you know the guys around you by name and recognize them on sight, because the troops are randomized from one battle to the next. On the other hand, this isn't modern warfare where most or all equipment is provided by the state (other than for the Empire's troops above conscript level, which SHOULD be more uniform), so some other means of identification is necessary. Hopefully Taleworlds can find some sensible middle ground.

Would be easy, only need black color.

If we could dye armors 80%+ players would be black or a gray tone :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom